• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

US presidential election

Who are/did/would you vote for?

• Total voters

NeoSupaMario

GBATemp's Official Stegosaurus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's using the gas prices to get everyone to get electric cars.
Your kidding right, okay first he can't control gas prices, second high gas prices are bad for him, third most people can't afford electric cars. Stop watching "Fox News". Because none of what you said in this statement is even close to being true.
Oh, really? Prove it. And I don't watch FoxNews for politics. I listen to talk radio. :creep:

Reactions: 1 person

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your kidding right, okay first he can't control gas prices, second high gas prices are bad for him, third most people can't afford electric cars. Stop watching "Fox News". Because none of what you said in this statement is even close to being true.
Oh, really? Prove it.
Smile72, he's likely trolling you and fails to realize that the burden of proof is on him to show any evidence that Obama is deliberately controlling gas prices to fuel (haha, get it?) an electric car agenda.

He's using the gas prices to get everyone to get electric cars. Although he claims to have nothing to do with the gas prices, he will take responsibility for the prices going down as the election starts between him and the nominee.
There is absolutely no evidence to support the idea that Obama is deliberately making gas prices higher so people will buy electric cars. Likewise, these higher gas prices are due to reasons unrelated to the President's policies. Tensions with Iran is likely a big contributor. If you follow the news, you know what's going on with that.

The Republicans say that increased drilling would lower gas prices, but this is not true, especially since projects like Keystone would have taken years to start. Likewise, the US is exporting more gas than we're importing. Keystone and extra drilling would not help gas prices.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay when gas prices go up. Poll numbers for the president go down. Because people pay more, thus they have less to spend. Leaving them angry and needing someone to blame.

emugirl1994

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
formspring.me
XP
Country
United States
Gas prices have nothing to do with the Obama administration, it's all about Iran and their threat to cut back on exporting of oil if they're not allowed to keep their nuclear weapons. Obama isn't being elitist either when he's telling Americans to get electric vehicles, since in the long run it'd save you money on gas. But if you were to buy an electric car, stay away from the Japanese car models. Although Japanese cars seem to be superior in terms of longevity and quality, this is part of the reason why GM had to have a government bail out. It couldn't compete with the insanely low prices of imported Japanese cars so the government had to step up. As far as I know, the only American electric car is the Chevy Volt.

NeoSupaMario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, really? Prove it.
Smile72, he's likely trolling you and fails to realize that the burden of proof is on him to show any evidence that Obama is deliberately controlling gas prices to fuel (haha, get it?) an electric car agenda.

He's using the gas prices to get everyone to get electric cars. Although he claims to have nothing to do with the gas prices, he will take responsibility for the prices going down as the election starts between him and the nominee.
There is absolutely no evidence to support the idea that Obama is deliberately making gas prices higher so people will buy electric cars. Likewise, these higher gas prices are due to reasons unrelated to the President's policies. Tensions with Iran is likely a big contributor. If you follow the news, you know what's going on with that.

The Republicans say that increased drilling would lower gas prices, but this is not true, especially since projects like Keystone would have taken years to start. Likewise, the US is exporting more gas than we're importing. Keystone and extra drilling would not help gas prices.
Oh my god. Lacius figured me out.
/sarcasm
Honestly, I don't troll anywhere except the EoF

@[member='smile72']: gas prices go down, polls go up. Thats why obama will push for lowering gas prices right before the final vote.

Aaaaaand here come Lacius and Smile72.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, really? Prove it.

Oh my god. Lacius figured me out.
/sarcasm
Honestly, I don't troll anywhere except the EoF

@[member='smile72']: gas prices go down, polls go up. Thats why obama will push for lowering gas prices right before the final vote.

Aaaaaand here come Lacius and Smile72.
If they stay up for too long they will damage him.I wonder if you know what you are talking about. That's like saying Bush wanted high gas prices in 2004.

NeoSupaMario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He'll want to look like a... How do I put this... "hero" right before the final vote to leave a good last impression. By supposedly single handedly lowering the gas prices.

NeoSupaMario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ik! I'm just saying. That's what it looks like he's doing to me. Now i know you and Lacius have your minds set on Obama and I can't change that, and I have my mind set on anyone but Obama or Paul. So I'll keep arguing over these political issues, but I wont change my mind.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Ik! I'm just saying. That's what it looks like he's doing to me. Now i know you and Lacius have your minds set on Obama and I can't change that, and I have my mind set on anyone but Obama or Paul. So I'll keep arguing over these political issues, but I wont change my mind.
Okay. yeah the only difference is your candidates are actually bad for the economy. Obama doesn't hate poor people Rick Sanctorum, Mitt Romney, and Newt Gingrich do. That's what you don't realize, it's not that I'm a super Obama fan it's that unlike you I read the candidates positions.

NeoSupaMario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. yeah the only difference is your candidates are actually bad for the economy. Obama doesn't hate poor people Rick Sanctorum, Mitt Romney, and Newt Gingrich do. That's what you don't realize, it's not that I'm a super Obama fan it's that unlike you I read the candidates positions.
Nope. I watched the debates.
u_jelly_face.png

WHAT NOW

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun fact, before both sides negotiated a ballanced budget for 4 consecutive years under clintons administration, the last president to pass a ballanced budget besised clinton was this guy:

STOP SPENDING OUR MONEY ON USELESS SHIT, NO ONE NEEDS A CONDOM IN 3RD GRADE!

also, no corportation should have any form of contract with the federal fovernment,
the government should focus on SECURITY, MONITARY STABILITY AND ENSURING THE FREEDOM AND THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE!

That is all.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. I watched the debates.
u_jelly_face.png

WHAT NOW
The fact that you still don't comprehend Obama's positions. As proven by your past posts.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inflation = Gas Prices.
If you honestly believe that inflation is the cause of rising gas prices, then you know neither about inflation nor gas prices. I don't even know how to touch that comment except to say that gas prices rise and fall drastically due to the market, what's going on overseas, etc.

Fun fact, before both sides negotiated a ballanced budget for 4 consecutive years under clintons administration, the last president to pass a ballanced budget besised clinton was this guy: *snip*
As I've already mentioned, the policies that largely accounted for the surplus were not bipartisan and passed by Clinton and the Democrats in his first year in office. The Republicans were very much against what caused our surplus (higher taxes on the rich), and the very same thing is happening today.

Well, here are the facts. Obama does not have some magic switch he uses to raise and lower gas prices. Gas prices are a highly variable thing that depend on the gas market, what's going on overseas, etc. If you read any of the reports, you would know that everyone agrees that what's going on in Iran right now is the large contributor to the increases we're seeing in gas prices here. Your idea that Obama is raising gas prices so he can lower them right before the election is baseless and makes no sense. Higher gas prices equal lower poll numbers. Likewise, the evidence shows both that Obama cannot control gas prices in the ways in which you believe, and the higher gas prices we see today are mostly due to the state of things in Iran. If you're going to argue anything different, on gas prices or anything else we've talked about thus far, please provide at least one piece of credible evidence. Looking at the state of things in this thread discussion, Obama appears to win fiscal issues hands-down. I wouldn't be able to look at this thread objectively and think otherwise.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inflation = Gas Prices.
If you honestly believe that inflation is the cause of rising gas prices, then you know neither about inflation nor gas prices. I don't even know how to touch that comment except to say that gas prices rise and fall drastically due to the market, what's going on overseas, etc.

Fun fact, before both sides negotiated a ballanced budget for 4 consecutive years under clintons administration, the last president to pass a ballanced budget besised clinton was this guy: *snip*
As I've already mentioned, the policies that largely accounted for the surplus were not bipartisan and passed by Clinton and the Democrats in his first year in office. The Republicans were very much against what caused our surplus (higher taxes on the rich), and the very same thing is happening today.

Well, here are the facts. Obama does not have some magic switch he uses to raise and lower gas prices. Gas prices are a highly variable thing that depend on the gas market, what's going on overseas, etc. If you read any of the reports, you would know that everyone agrees that what's going on in Iran right now is the large contributor to the increases we're seeing in gas prices here. Your idea that Obama is raising gas prices so he can lower them right before the election is baseless and makes no sense. Higher gas prices equal lower poll numbers. Likewise, the evidence shows both that Obama cannot control gas prices in the ways in which you believe, and the higher gas prices we see today are mostly due to the state of things in Iran. If you're going to argue anything different, on gas prices or anything else we've talked about thus far, please provide at least one piece of credible evidence. Looking at the state of things in this thread discussion, Obama appears to win fiscal issues hands-down. I wouldn't be able to look at this thread objectively and think otherwise.
If you feel that way, then so be it. I've looked at it, and that's the way it seems to me. I was just pointing out that, it's pretty rate to have a budget under control for a long time now.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you feel that way, then so be it. I've looked at it, and that's the way it seems to me. I was just pointing out that, it's pretty rate to have a budget under control for a long time now.
Reagan took a ~1 trillion national debt and made it ~3 trillion. This was due to tax cuts, especially for the rich (sound familiar?). George H.W. Bush didn't help when he pledged no new taxes. Bill Clinton came in with his 1993 deficit-cutting package, which did not get a single Republican vote in either the House or the Senate since it raised taxes on the very wealthy (don't worry, it had no negative effect on the economy). So yeah, feel free to believe that balancing the budget during the Clinton years was bipartisan, but the facts are extremely clear.

NeoSupaMario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inflation = Gas Prices.

Obama has the budget
Under control?
Thats-not-the-right-answer-Thats-fuckin-bullshit_large.jpg

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Republican Logic 471 up, 72 down
A type of logic that the Republican mind subscribes to. Basically Republican logic tells Republicans that only the rich white male Christian God is the only true God and that everything else is false religion. Republican logic sees no problem with blood soaked oil wars, tax breaks for the rich at the expense of the rest of the country, the gutting of social programs, the destruction of the Bill of Rights, and to make life as miserable as possible for non-Republicans. This sort of logic makes no sense to the rest of the world.
Republican logic is the logic of goose stepping, brown shirt and jack boot wearing thugs.

From Urban Dictionary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la