Hacking Updating existing Pasta install to a later version of Pasta CFW?

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've searched and searched and not found an answer to this, so sorry if I've missed something obvious.

I have an O3DS on 4.5.0-9U and I'm running Pasta 1.1.1 using Ninjhax 1.1. I'd like to be able to update to the latest version of Pasta to take advantage of Firmlaunch.

What I want to know is - do I have to run the Pasta configurator utility, or, as I already have a working install, can I just replace a file or files on my SD card?

Finally, is this the best way to play games that require later firmwares, or should I just update to 9.2 using sysupdater (I have the update .cia files already).

Thanks for any help.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I think you should do:

Update your sysnand to 9.2, format emunand, unlink your nands, get rxTools, update emunand to 10.3 and set Menuhax 2.0 + Ctrbootmanager.

That way you can be playing the latest games, accesing eShop and playing online.

You can even have Custom Themes in emunand.

Reactions: mechagouki

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it probably seems strange, but there's very few games I actually want to play on 3DS (more of a PSP/Vita person these days) and until now I've not needed firmware beyond 4.5, but I'd like to play Majora's Mask, and maybe Xenoblade Chronicles. Just didn't want to go through a long process to do it.

Which files do I need to replace just to update Pasta?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1