Updating existing Pasta install to a later version of Pasta CFW?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mechagouki, Dec 21, 2015.

1. mechagouki
    OP

mechagouki Kill 'em all...

Nov 20, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, ON
    I've searched and searched and not found an answer to this, so sorry if I've missed something obvious.

I have an O3DS on 4.5.0-9U and I'm running Pasta 1.1.1 using Ninjhax 1.1. I'd like to be able to update to the latest version of Pasta to take advantage of Firmlaunch.

What I want to know is - do I have to run the Pasta configurator utility, or, as I already have a working install, can I just replace a file or files on my SD card?

Finally, is this the best way to play games that require later firmwares, or should I just update to 9.2 using sysupdater (I have the update .cia files already).

Thanks for any help.

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    To "update" PastaCFW, you only need to replace the files.

But why are you even using PastaCFW? When you could be using rxTools with emunand 10.3? :wacko:

Xenon Hacks likes this.
  3. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    What I think you should do:

Update your sysnand to 9.2, format emunand, unlink your nands, get rxTools, update emunand to 10.3 and set Menuhax 2.0 + Ctrbootmanager.

That way you can be playing the latest games, accesing eShop and playing online.

You can even have Custom Themes in emunand.

mechagouki likes this.
  4. mechagouki
    OP

Nov 20, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, ON
    Well, it probably seems strange, but there's very few games I actually want to play on 3DS (more of a PSP/Vita person these days) and until now I've not needed firmware beyond 4.5, but I'd like to play Majora's Mask, and maybe Xenoblade Chronicles. Just didn't want to go through a long process to do it.

Which files do I need to replace just to update Pasta?

5. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Xenoblade is N3DS exclusive, it won't work in O3DS.

Just delete all the PastaCFW files inside the 3ds folder and place the new ones instead.

mechagouki likes this.
  6. mechagouki
    OP

Nov 20, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, ON
    Shame about Xenoblade...

Thanks for your help!