Hardware System won't boot possible mishaps with CFW, or hardware, both?

Personman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'll try and make a long story short. I was having minor issues with my first XL and figured I would just get a new system of another color and imported a LL system thinking I could just do a system transfer which yeah I didn't research enough, serves me right. I figured out that issue and on top of it the thing had a dead touch screen so while I got CFW installed in the LL I couldn't do much with it. So, I salvaged some parts from it to fix my XL (Just needed a new thumbstick PCB) and that worked great. I planned to restore the LL later and resell it.

Much later after a foolish shell swap mishap I destroyed some of the ribbon cable clamps on my XL's motherboard so figuring that one is toast I would just transfer the bottom screen over to the LL and start using that instead, resinstall my stuff and see if I could get any data transferred over if any at all. Well I've reassembled it and it won't boot at all, no safe mode or Godmode debug or anything. I get a blue light, the top screen quickly flashes and then it powers off. Doesn't make a popping sound at all. Strangely I get different behaviors from the power light. Sometimes it will turn on then fade, most times turn off abruptly and a couple times flash red. I've read that the last sign has to do with the CFW being corrupted so I've taken the old SD that I used to put the CFW on it a while back and reformatted it and made sure the boot.firm files are updated but I'm having no luck. Trying to turn it on without the SD card has the same results.

Not sure what there is to do about this. Again I've reseated all the ribbon cables and they all seem fine with no tears or anything but it seems like this is more of a hardware issue. Yet I can't tell what could be causing it. Unless taking the bottom screen from the XL and putting it in the LL is causing compatibility issues, wouldn't think so but I'm no expert.

So not sure that's enough to go off of for anyone to diagnose but off chance anyone has any ideas I'm all ears. Just figured I'd ask before considering getting a new system entirely sometime down the road which I'd really rather not do. Sigh, I swear I'm never going to open one of these things ever again after this.

getbotted970

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have encountered your problem on top of a whole 'nother ton. The flashing red notification light and the top screen backlight turning on then turning off along with the system... for me I'm pretty sure its a hardware issue because all of a sudden it will work for a bit, then crash because of an Arm9 and data abort issue... I have no answers on how to fix this, I just wanted to let you know you aren't the only one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto