Updating emunand, but somethings up...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by kutteke, Jan 30, 2015.

1. kutteke
    OP

kutteke GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    Belgium
    I just tried to update the emunand on a friend's yoshi 3dsxl, 9.0.0-20e and upon selecting the system update, the console said applying update, restarting now... wich would take me back to the sysnand? Nintendo knew what was up or what is happening here?

It's not the first time i've done an emunand update but I don't recall seeing this happen before?
    If this is the case, is there another way of doing the update?

2. kutteke
    OP

kutteke GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    Belgium
    Luckily i was fast enough to turn it off before the restart completed.

3. rfire90

rfire90 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    When it restarts it does go to sysnand, but it's the emunand that was updated. You just boot into GW mode again and it should be updated.

4. kutteke
    OP

kutteke GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    Belgium
    This is before the actual updating process starts. not after I am talking about. That's why I'm worried :)

5. rfire90

rfire90 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    Maybe the update is already downloaded, and it goes immediately to applying it.

6. otto888

otto888 I break things for a living.

Mar 12, 2008
    United States
    It could have been updating a title that needed a restart to update or something. Just try it again, but make sure you're in EMUNand. Unless Nintendo found a way to break out of EMUNand while updating, you'll be safe.

7. kutteke
    OP

kutteke GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    Belgium
    I'll have to get back to you on that one, he just left for judo practice, update on that tomorrow.

8. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    Yeah this is probably the case right here it probably had already downloaded the update so the install seemed instantaneous

9. kutteke
    OP

kutteke GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    Belgium
    that would be nice :) I didn't check the settings menu again after this happened. since he had to go. But I'll be sure to check it. Thx!