Hacking [Update] R4i Gold 3DS [and DSTWO] firmware update to support 6.1.0-X RELEASED

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally got my r4i replacement in the mail from zhuzhuchina (I mailed it off 4 months ago). I feel fortunate that it has a Konami logo. It is labeled "C" and has a white dot.

I wasn't sure if it needed updating or not, so I ran the 1.60 updater and the update installed fine, so it's good to know the latest cards can be updated at least.

samurayjp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, exactly.
The last time an update didn't work (revs 6-8) they did promise anther update too.
Which was the last that was ever heard of the matter.

Additionally SOME rev C couldn't be upgraded too.
Nothing was heard of the promised solution either.

I believe their solution was taking the rest they still had of those defect Cs and upgrading them by another way.
Then they mixed them with the good Cs and sold them.
(Adding a dot to the new Cs they produced thereafter to distinguish them)
I think those Cs are the ones that now still can't be upgraded.

It's exactly what I think.

This photo card is one of these, with firmware 5.1 and can not be updated.
The only difference of 4.4 Bug cards last year, is this chip that was clearly moved and reinstalled upside down.

This shows u are the same cards bug, and have been, somehow, recycled and updated.

If they did it knowing the impossibility of applying patches, they should replace these cards.

u1hb.jpg

Comparison between the cards:

9jrf.jpg

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any word on the non-dot rev c cards getting an update that works, I only bought mine like a few months ago, and its authentic, would suck if it couldn't be updated.

Side question should I wait ( nothiting really making me update right now anyway), or get a new one? which? and what site is reliable, nds-card.com (where I bought mine) does not seem to be functioning

Bersham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the R4i 3DS team just came out with another update to the kernel. Version 1.61.

I have my details of what happened to my R4i card here.
(should be the 4th post down)

Should I try to cut the line on the card or not?

isthar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just adding my experience. r4i gold 3ds, rev C on the PCB, I updated wood 1.6.1 and the latest patch at the same time, updated then to latest firmware in the US this morning, no cutting at all, and things are working.

xxItachisamaxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...any updates as to the situation with some of the dorasu cards not working? We're two patches in since this problem and I cannot update. Am I to assume that the makers are not going to release a patch? (I was told in a response email I'll have to wait for a patch)

I'm still on a previous firmware thankfully, but if pokemon ends up needing an update, I'm SOL.

bockadilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I've got the R4i 3DS (RTS) cart from r4ids.cn. I've been reading through this thread and another one. I have tried updating to the 6.0 patch and the newest patch on the newest Wood R4i kernal (V1.61) and version 1.60 from the site. I've had no luck, only getting a fail for the update even after reinserting the cart. In the Wood info my R4 is the "HW: R4i Gold 3DSb".

EDIT: I may have updated it ages ago when this update first came out. How can I tell if I've got the right one installed so I can cut the line?
Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.