Homebrew Update 11.6 and Homebrew

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
One question. For tomorrow i need to update (becouse Gold and Silver relase). I make right now a backup of my nand with decrypt9WIP. In the sysnand backup/restore, in case some HB function are lost (like streaming via NTR), i need to select NAND Restore (keep hax) for manteining A9LH on my system correct?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One question. For tomorrow i need to update (becouse Gold and Silver relase). I make right now a backup of my nand with decrypt9WIP. In the sysnand backup/restore, in case some HB function are lost (like streaming via NTR), i need to select NAND Restore (keep hax) for manteining A9LH on my system correct?

yes. it's best to backup the NAND every few weeks, maybe monthly, just in case something happens to the system.

Reactions: PedroKeitawa

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
yes. it's best to backup the NAND every few weeks, maybe monthly, just in case something happens to the system.

After today i think is something i will do monthly. I made a folder on my pc for backup the backup, in case i lost the file on my sd card.
Update and...for some strange reason NTR Streaming looklike it works better for me after the update, i don't know why but it seems the streaming is better. But probably is just a thing for me.
All the app i use, via HBLauncher (Rosalina), all works perfectly for what i see. Cannot speak for .cia HB becouse i don't used but for what i see all works fine. Same thing i cannot speak for cia obtained via Freeshop, i don't used anymore so i don't know if Nintendo have trow to us a curve ball and maked this app unplayable or simple maked play other games (like what happen with fake DS cartridges after one update). But ofr what i try all works fine.

EDIT: I forgot...now my 3DS can be MORE STABLE. Not even a earthquake can move my console now.

Last edited by PedroKeitawa,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything I've tried worked for me as well with 11.6. it may have been just updating apps which makes me wonder if Nintendo is setting in place a trojan horse to collect information.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
everything I've tried worked for me as well with 11.6. it may have been just updating apps which makes me wonder if Nintendo is setting in place a trojan horse to collect information.

Probably. Maybe they are a bit to late for "save" the 3DS (mostly becouse pirate games), but i think they collect information for save the Switch. I would like to see HB on the Switch but i can also understand that, liker or not, this can potentionaly open the door for pirate games. O well at least nobody can take away from me a custom skin or painting for my console.

sliver123

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there a way to fix Steelhax on 11.5? (i have everything working, but only problem is the red screen that i need to shut down system to try starting it up again for another app to use... every second)

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn, 2 years of
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
Last legitimate change (not because of hacking) was in march 2015.

Last edited by TimX24968B,
Reactions: the_otsutsuki

NiGHtsBeta09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have oot3dhax set up on my N3DS XL (currently 11.5). So the update shouldn't break that, right? I have some stuff I'm trying to mess around with but I also need to update to access some new DLC for one of my games, so I don't wanna chance it right away. lol

Talito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys. I have a New 3ds v11.6 and I never used Homebrew. Can I download any homebrew 11.5 that works on 11.6 or not?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have oot3dhax set up on my N3DS XL (currently 11.5). So the update shouldn't break that, right? I have some stuff I'm trying to mess around with but I also need to update to access some new DLC for one of my games, so I don't wanna chance it right away. lol
I wouldn't update, unless you're willing to buy a DS flashcart for ntrboot if it doesn't work (then you'll be fine whether it works or not). If someone else tells you you can update then go ahead of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4