Homebrew Update 11.5 and Homebrew

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm not really a power user so it hasn't affected me much, however it must be pretty annoying for users to have their CFW go silent on them.
It's a bit of a bummer. Sure I have ReiNAND that I am helping fiddle with, but I miss control both CakesFW and Corbenik gave me over the system. But I digress, hopefully the Corbenik fork that I've been watching makes progress and I can get my favorite CFW back up and running again.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a bit of a bummer. Sure I have ReiNAND that I am helping fiddle with, but I miss control both CakesFW and Corbenik gave me over the system. But I digress, hopefully the Corbenik fork that I've been watching makes progress and I can get my favorite CFW back up and running again.

(Let's hope they don't go silent after a few updates as well :P)

Reactions: The Catboy

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

LucaP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, you should do the following:
1. Wait until there is general consensus on the forums that the update is safe (a few days)
2. Update Luma if an update is required for the new firmware
3. Update your system

Most likely the worst that can happen is that you get a black screen on boot if you update first, but something worse could happen (though I can't imagine what).
Yeah, now that I think about it, it wasn't the smartest decision... Thanks again.

Moos148

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so kind of a noob with all this, but I am unable to do anything unless I update to 11.5 (like Ninjhax, Freakhax,etc). By the time I got Swapdoodle it was already 1.1.2, and by the time I got back from camping, 11.5 already showed up.

I don't have Luma (tried to install it before, it never worked), and I don't know if I should just go ahead and update and THEN install stuff or not since apparently nothing was patched in-between according to here.

I'm totally lost at this point since Soundhax got patched

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, so kind of a noob with all this, but I am unable to do anything unless I update to 11.5 (like Ninjhax, Freakhax,etc). By the time I got Swapdoodle it was already 1.1.2, and by the time I got back from camping, 11.5 already showed up.

I don't have Luma (tried to install it before, it never worked), and I don't know if I should just go ahead and update and THEN install stuff or not since apparently nothing was patched in-between according to here.

I'm totally lost at this point since Soundhax got patched
What firmware version are you on? If 11.3 don't update, since you can install CFW without needing to buy anything. If on 11.4 you may as well update because if you want to install CFW you'll need to system transfer which will require both systems to be on 11.5 anyway.

juanmarh6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, i have a problem, i'm searching the save of oothax 11.5 and i don't find It, have anyone it? Have anyone powersaves and oothax installed in 11.5?

jamz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
hello a noob here

can anyone help me downgrading from 11.5 to 11.2? i have a old 3ds xl with sighax luma and B9S and emunand in 11.2

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
hello a noob here

can anyone help me downgrading from 11.5 to 11.2? i have a old 3ds xl with sighax luma and B9S and emunand in 11.2
You could flash your emuNAND to your sysNAND. Or use 3Down. Or get the 11.2 files from 3DNUS and use sysupdater to downgrade. Why do you want to downgrade, though?

jamz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You could flash your emuNAND to your sysNAND. Or use 3Down. Or get the 11.2 files from 3DNUS and use sysupdater to downgrade. Why do you want to downgrade, though?

i'm following this tutorial https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/ but i'm stuck in
6. Press home and close it. Press select to open Gateway's rom menu and choose the game you're about to work on, but don't go into the game
cause i don't know if is okay to press select in 11.5

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

CharizardMen99

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
and an another noob is here lmao,like i saw on op post,doodlebomb is still working on this version...BUT,how i get this version to work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y