Homebrew Update 11.5 and Homebrew

Tekniquez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't Dsiwarehax and hardmod still work on 11.5 just as it did for 11.4? The text at the top of the OP claims it isn't hackable at all by no means. All it takes is a prehacked 3DS and a $2 Dsiware game and you can hack 11.4 and 11.5 with boot9strap.

Ive researched this so want to make sure because im trying to get a N2DSXL. I currently have a n3ds on 11.4 and a 2ds on 11.4 aswell. The guide says only with 11.3 can do a systranfers to my N2dsXL to get CFW on it.My question i assume im already answering is i have to Downgrade to 11.3 on n3dsxl correct? Then follow the guide from there? Also what happens to the 3dsxl when its all done? Can i still use it as if nothing ever happened or would it make me start new as in ill have to redo CFW on it? Ty for your time. PS i have 11.3 nand backups for both my 2ds/3dsxl

Wickedchew

Masks Works..Wear it!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings, i am in a gateway 3ds, and mostly no one cares on gateway anymore due to 11.3 fw patched.

I am currently on emunand 9.2 and i dont know how to update to 11.2,. I dont want to install any hax,as i really like my gateqay card, hope you can help me how to update to a specific firmware,. As 3dsnus is not for gateway,..thanks

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings, i am in a gateway 3ds, and mostly no one cares on gateway anymore due to 11.3 fw patched.

I am currently on emunand 9.2 and i dont know how to update to 11.2,. I dont want to install any hax,as i really like my gateqay card, hope you can help me how to update to a specific firmware,. As 3dsnus is not for gateway,..thanks
You can't use Gateway cards on the latest version without something like Luma3DS. Don't know why you would want to anyways.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

You can use sysupdater and 3DNUS. Not sure what you mean by it's "not for Gateway".

DeadKiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You can use sysupdater and 3DNUS. Not sure what you mean by it's "not for Gateway".
Umm, can I use 3DNUS and sysupdater to manually update? I can't update as it always gives an error and I'm pretty sure it hasn't anything to do with my internet connection or DNS...

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. I've been wondering for a while how to update my homebrew to 11.5 since I'm on that firmware, but I've been hearing news about a new homebrew with Rosalina and stuff in it. If I replace my 11.4 otherapp.bin to the 11.5 otherapp.bin, would that be just fine? Or is there more steps to updating it? Thanks!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Umm, can I use 3DNUS and sysupdater to manually update? I can't update as it always gives an error and I'm pretty sure it hasn't anything to do with my internet connection or DNS...
You should be able to, yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi. I've been wondering for a while how to update my homebrew to 11.5 since I'm on that firmware, but I've been hearing news about a new homebrew with Rosalina and stuff in it. If I replace my 11.4 otherapp.bin to the 11.5 otherapp.bin, would that be just fine? Or is there more steps to updating it? Thanks!
Rosalina is a feature of Luma, which is a CFW. All it is is a way to launch the homebrew launcher (and stuff like screenshots). If you are on stock firmware then it won't apply to you.

Reactions: DeadKiller

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should be able to, yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Rosalina is a feature of Luma, which is a CFW. All it is is a way to launch the homebrew launcher (and stuff like screenshots). If you are on stock firmware then it won't apply to you.
Yeah, I'm on cfw and everything. So how would I update my homebrew properly since I have luma and cfw. Just replace the otherapp.bin or should I do the whole new homebrew process?

Last edited by AwesomeSaucemGuy,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, I'm on cfw and everything. So how would I update my homebrew properly since I have luma and cfw. Just replace the otherapp.bin or should I do the whole new homebrew process?
You don't need otherapp.bin on CFW.

Hold Select on boot. Does it say you have version 7.1 of Luma? If so, follow https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s
If you have 8.0, just run LumaUpdater.
If you have 8.1, you have the latest version already. Hold Select, L, and Down on the D-pad while in an app to use Rosalina.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't need otherapp.bin on CFW.

Hold Select on boot. Does it say you have version 7.1 of Luma? If so, follow https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s
If you have 8.0, just run LumaUpdater.
If you have 8.1, you have the latest version already. Hold Select, L, and Down on the D-pad while in an app to use Rosalina.
I'm on 8.1. So then do I just delete the homebrew app on my 3DS and remove anything associated with homebrew from my sd card? I also have otherapp.bin from 11.4 homebrew on my sd card. Should I just delete it if I have to remove anything related to homebrew?

Last edited by AwesomeSaucemGuy,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm on 8.1. So then do I just delete the homebrew app on my 3DS and remove anything associated with homebrew from my sd card? I also have otherapp.bin from 11.4 homebrew on my sd card. Should I just delete it if I have to remove anything related to homebrew?
You can delete otherapp.bin but you need boot.3dsx (the latest one) and a 3ds folder to hold your homebrew in .3dsx format.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can delete otherapp.bin but you need boot.3dsx (the latest one) and a 3ds folder to hold your homebrew in .3dsx format.
Ok, cool! Also, I've heard that I shouldn't go into cia files at this time because of the recent ban wave. Is it safe now because I would really like to check out the free shop and my gba cia files. Just wondering.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, cool! Also, I've heard that I shouldn't go into cia files at this time because of the recent ban wave. Is it safe now because I would really like to check out the free shop and my gba cia files. Just wondering.
Nobody has been able to prove anything one way or another. If you have system information sharing turned off you are probably safe. There is a 3dsx file of freeShop too so you can still use it via homebrew if you want to.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nobody has been able to prove anything one way or another. If you have system information sharing turned off you are probably safe. There is a 3dsx file of freeShop too so you can still use it via homebrew if you want to.
I have all the stuff turned off so I'm pretty sure I'm safe. Just one more question, lol sorry, is the freeshop cia just as good as the 3dsx file. Btw thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have all the stuff turned off so I'm pretty sure I'm safe. Just one more question, lol sorry, is the freeshop cia just as good as the 3dsx file. Btw thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.
No worries. Yes it is but some secondary functions don't work like the LED on sleep mode and the battery indicator I think.

Wickedchew

Masks Works..Wear it!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ive been following how to use 3DSNus to manually update my 3DS gateway mode Emunand., but they warned the tutorial is not for Gateway users..

this is from a youtube channel tutorial..
let me know if the tutorial is ok to follow for Gateway Users

Published on 28 Jul 2015
Today I'll be showing you how to upgrade or downgrade your 3DS to a specific firmware WITHOUT a game cart or flashcart. I've put 3DNUS and sysUpdater all in one zip so you don't need to download more than 1 file. This will update or downgrade whatever NAND you installed it to, so be careful.

THIS DOESN'T WORK ON GATEWAY MODE! YOU'LL BRICK YOUR 3DS! Use a CFW or other method.

---TUTORIAL---
1. Start 3DNUS.
2. Enter your firmware in the "Title ID" box and your region in the "version" box.
3. Make sure "Pack as .CIA" is checked and click "Download."
4. Copy everything inside the sysUpdater folder to the root of your SD Card.
5. Copy all the CIAs downloaded from 3DNUS into the "updates" folder. The CIAs can be found inside a folder within the 3DNUS folder.
6. Eject your SD Card and insert it into your 3DS.
7. Install the CIA to your system.
a) It updates whatever NAND it is installed on. If installed on emuNAND it updates emuNAND. If installed on sysNAND it updates sysNAND.
7. Start the app and follow the instructions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @hazbeans, welcome