Homebrew Update 11.3 and homebrew

Tesslaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I did the 3ds guide at the beginning of the year, so i guess that i have a9lh and luma, but I'm scared to death to update the system. I still dont know if i have a backup or how to make it (I have some files on the pc from the guide). Reading all the posts, it seems like it is safe but i dont want to screw this up
Edit: I have a n3ds 11.2.0-35

Last edited by Tesslaa,

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did the 3ds guide at the beginning of the year, so i guess that i have a9lh and luma, but I'm scared to death to update the system. I still dont know if i have a backup or how to make it (I have some files on the pc from the guide). Reading all the posts, it seems like it is safe but i dont want to screw this up
Press start while powering on the console. If hourglass9 starts up, then you can be sure you have A9LH and there you will be able to backup your nand.

mario-lucis-caelum

Trophies
XP
Country
I updated to 11.3 without back up and it worked fine. Just follow that one dudes guide on how to.

I think you need to update Luma to hourly version then reboot then setup Luma, open FBI go to SD Card, copy arm9loader.bin go back then go to CTR NAND then paste it on there

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys. I have searched but I didn't find this information.

I have SysNand on 9.2 and I use EmuNand 11.2 with menuhax + Luma CFW.

Is it safe to update my EmuNand to the latest firmware? Thanks

Reactions: naddel81

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I wonder how the rush feels like when Smea, Plutoo or Yellow8 finds a way to get through the new firmwares. Must feels great to crack (as in getting their software to work with) it.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
It looks like @TuxSH has fixed the problem with using 11.2 payloads on 11.3 in commit 700d5727 (Stub svc 0x59) at least for n3DS users (I haven't tested o3DS). So if you want the hbl cia to work just update to the latest hourly and rename the 11.2 payload to NEW-11-3-0-36-USA.bin (or OLD-11-3-0-36-USA.bin).

Last edited by nl255,
Reactions: Meliodas2255

Deleted member 411764

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well finding exploits, kernel or otherwise, typically requires knowledge of assembly language programming which is quite a bit more advanced than the stuff you are doing. If you want to get into 3DS programming I would suggest starting with either writing regular usermode homebrew apps/games or helping to improve existing ones.
hmm sound ok maybe i could make a 2d mario kart

LucaP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I got my hands on a old 3ds with 4.3.0-3U and I wanted to install luma using safehax, so i was going to update to 11.3, but since safehax isn't working on it, any idea what should I do? Do I wait to see if safehax makes a comeback, or is there any other way for me to install luma on a 4.3.0-3U? I actually wanted to upgrade it to 9.2, but all the tutorials I find are outdated and confusing.

N1N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I got my hands on a old 3ds with 4.3.0-3U and I wanted to install luma using safehax, so i was going to update to 11.3, but since safehax isn't working on it, any idea what should I do? Do I wait to see if safehax makes a comeback, or is there any other way for me to install luma on a 4.3.0-3U? I actually wanted to upgrade it to 9.2, but all the tutorials I find are outdated and confusing.
Maybe do a cart update?

LucaP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But I heard that any cart update from 9.0 onwards makes the browser unusable, and its needed in one of the steps, right?

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest finding the latest cart update you can. I don't know about a cart update messing with the browser, but if you really want to, you can find a specific update for each version. I think if you want to find a 9.2 Old 3DS firmware, you can find it pretty easy. Just do some googling and you should be able to find it. Forums like this are your friends, I don't have any links myself, but if you ask for a specific firmware, you may be able to find it. Just stay on 11.2 or lower for now and when the homebrew for 11.3 is out, the you could update to that officially.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi