Homebrew Update 11.0 and Homebrew

charroboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, i have RXtools installed with coldbot. And when i was in version 10.7 my Homebrew cia app 1.0 loaded just fine with hax 2.5. Then i updated my emunand to 11.0, uninstalled hbloader cia 1.0 and installed 1.1, and it said it couldnt get the payload, so i renamed the payload in my sd root to 11.0.0.33 as suggested in some other posts ive found, but now it just says ropbin succesfull, but then just gives me the error that send me back to the 3ds main menu. Ive looked around and some people say i NEED hax 2.6 to keep using the homebrew loader cia. But i dont have a clue how to install the 2.6 hax without losing my whole coldboot process, or how to set it up. Im kinda newb to all the Hex stuff. But i can follow simplified instructions if needed. Anybody know what i can do to get my homebrew loader cia back working?. Much appreciated in advanced. :)

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i have RXtools installed with coldbot. And when i was in version 10.7 my Homebrew cia app 1.0 loaded just fine with hax 2.5. Then i updated my emunand to 11.0, uninstalled hbloader cia 1.0 and installed 1.1, and it said it couldnt get the payload, so i renamed the payload in my sd root to 11.0.0.33 as suggested in some other posts ive found, but now it just says ropbin succesfull, but then just gives me the error that send me back to the 3ds main menu. Ive looked around and some people say i NEED hax 2.6 to keep using the homebrew loader cia. But i dont have a clue how to install the 2.6 hax without losing my whole coldboot process, or how to set it up. Im kinda newb to all the Hex stuff. But i can follow simplified instructions if needed. Anybody know what i can do to get my homebrew loader cia back working?. Much appreciated in advanced. :)

Is the bot cold?

This isn't hex stuff at all!
</offtopic>
You should really ask this in another forum/thread. But...

Just update boot.3dsx in the root of your SD.

charroboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You mean just the replace the boot.3dsx with the latest one on homebrew site? Or do i have to tinker, modify or install something else?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You mean just the replace the boot.3dsx with the latest one on homebrew site? Or do i have to tinker, modify or install something else?
I'm pretty sure you just just need the newest boot.3dsx and update your payload; hax 2.5 is outdated.

You could even grab the new_boot.3dsx (rename it to just boot.3dsx) from here.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Unfortunately, unless someone has an arm9 exploit to spare that gave full system control, we won't be able to downgrade from 11.0 onwards.

Even if there was such exploit, it would not be very wise to release it. Ninty just needs to pack an update with a new firm, updated system titles version list and the exploit patch. Then that new version will be as locked as 11.0 is now. Not cool.

With such an exploit, we should be able to rewrite that system titles list, allowing downgrade again. Not that it matters though, because if we reach arm9 again, 11.0 would become the new 9.2 and people would just update to there. Some users theorized write-protecting the list as a way to block updates to it, as we do to protect A9LH.

Afaik there are no new systems or new system bundles that come with 11.0 so we should not worry. We can actually downgrade as far as 10.7 if i'm not mistaken.
Pokemon Sun/Moon bundle might get 11.0 out of the box.
Before, we used the ARM11 kernel exploit known as Memchunkhax2 / svchax/Memchunkhax2.1 to uninstall newer titles and reinstall old versions. However, as of 11.0, there's a minimal version for the system titles. I don't think we'll ever get software-based downgrade. An ARM9 exploit would also make downgrading useless anyway.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
install a hax 2.7 payload as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ehhh, depends how stable it is. When we had arm9 on 9.2 we still used it to downgrade to 4.5 for a while because the exploit was much more stable (also GW bullshit but that's a different story)
well, yeah, but now...

I regret so much updating my 2DS from 9.2.... To think It was on 9.2 and I updated it cuz I saw only 4.X firmwares could be hacked x.x :(

Pichi-Hime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any hope of OoT hax being fixed for 11.0? Or should I try to look into different methods of loading hacks?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there any hope of OoT hax being fixed for 11.0? Or should I try to look into different methods of loading hacks?
yes, there is. Afaik, OoThax works, only it's not reliable because of ASLR. Smealum already fixed it in Ninjhax, it could be ported to OoThax, and probably will.

ChampionLeake

NTR/TWL Exploiter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new3dsxl on the latest without custom firmware and I tried to load oot3dhax for the past 2 hours and it still wouldn't open to the hbl. I already updated every for the hax and still no results. oot3dhax is the only exploit I have. It doesn't work.

EDIT: "OOThax: Works (It can take upwards of 30 tries to load the hbl until Smea fixes it)" I tried like 89 times

Last edited by ChampionLeake,

Pichi-Hime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be (should be) at some point. But honestly, you're probably better off looking into different methods. If you have another 3DS with homebrew, try SMChax.
Well, I tried to do that, but when it says "downloading payload", it fails. It gave me an error code, and it told me that it "failed to open http context" ?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I tried to do that, but when it says "downloading payload", it fails. It gave me an error code, and it told me that it "failed to open http context" ?
I believe network access has been restricted on OoT?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd guess either the server is down or you can't get internet access.

I believe network access has been restricted on OoT?
I think he's using another 3DS to install SMChax.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Pichi-Hime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just try again tomorrow, and if it still doesn't work, try to contact Shiny Quagsire or Dazzozo.
So I got the payload onto the game cart, but when I try to put SMD into my 3DS on 11.0, it boots back to the home screen and restarts the system.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I got the payload onto the game cart, but when I try to put SMD into my 3DS on 11.0, it boots back to the home screen and restarts the system.
I don't understand what you mean by "when I try to put SMD into my 3DS", but at any rate, make sure you intakes the correct payload for 10.7/11.0 as well as for whether it's a New or Old 3DS.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Before, we used the ARM11 kernel exploit known as Memchunkhax2 / svchax/Memchunkhax2.1 to uninstall newer titles and reinstall old versions. However, as of 11.0, there's a minimal version for the system titles. I don't think we'll ever get software-based downgrade. An ARM9 exploit would also make downgrading useless anyway.

Not really. An ARM9K level execution (remember svcBackdoor being removed?) makes possible the edition of the minimal version of the system titles during runtime. Modify that to 9.0 and perform the downgrade as usual. It won't check the installed title because you uninstalled it first, and the minimal version check will pass.

If we can get ARM9K level execution, you could aso boot a CFW so besides getting A9LH there's no point on downgrading as you say.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one