Hacking Un-brick any Wii Is this Real?????

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
from the release thread, an answer from the creator of this tool:

QUOTE said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosSakura View Post
works for banner brick???

i have wii 4.0u and banner brick for wad of Nyxq(wiiware)
Yes, my Wii was banner bricked and this fixed it for me

afaik, installing system menu wad NEVER fixed a banner brick

seriously, this seems to be total crap, there is no way a PC-side application can execute code on the Wii so it's not possible to write the NAND Filesystem or install a wad through the USB port....
c'mon, this is basic server/client concept, you need both (the server AND the client program) and there you only get one (the PC application): you NEED to have a host program (PPC or ARM) on the Wii side communicating with the USB port and doing these stuff.

now, if your system menu does not boot, this means it's stuck into Boot2 and nothing else is running

that's why I call this fake (the only way would be to use Bootmii and a special application coded for Mini taht communicates with the PC through USB and install wads for you)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The only way i see how this could work, is that nintendo implemented something that allows flashing of the nand without booting the system menu, when getting the proper commands from usb. But since TT did not say anything about that, and some of them looked at the system menu code, i doubt code for this is part of the system menu ==> FAKE.

2. Even if that was true, it would not protect against the lastest most common full bricks: Downgrade on new Wiis and 4.0->3.2->3.4 brick, both leave you with totally useless system menu IOS, and the stuff from nintendo simply can't run without IOS. ==> Even if this would allow flashing anything what you want on nand, it would only help with half bricks

3. Fixed bannerbrick by installing a new system menu, ... do i need to repeat what that means?

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
beegee7730 said:
This makes me wonder how Bushing's unbricker will work...

Not in the same way as this useless app!
unsure.gif

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Yup .. this is a fake...

Just flashed my wii (without it being connected).

Just click to the right of the progress bar at the bottom and it will show connected and then load the firmware file and flash your wii.

Thanks to arasium for the heads up

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jacobeian said:
from the release thread, an answer from the creator of this tool:

QUOTE said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosSakura View Post
works for banner brick???

i have wii 4.0u and banner brick for wad of Nyxq(wiiware)
Yes, my Wii was banner bricked and this fixed it for me

afaik, installing system menu wad NEVER fixed a banner brick

seriously, this seems to be total crap, there is no way a PC-side application can execute code on the Wii so it's not possible to write the NAND Filesystem or install a wad through the USB port....
c'mon, this is basic server/client concept, you need both (the server AND the client program) and there you only get one (the PC application): you NEED to have a host program (PPC or ARM) on the Wii side communicating with the USB port and doing these stuff.

now, if your system menu does not boot, this means it's stuck into Boot2 and nothing else is running

that's why I call this fake (the only way would be to use Bootmii and a special application coded for Mini taht communicates with the PC through USB and install wads for you)

These were my exact thoughts.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
a simple male-male usb cable would short the powerlines on the usb port of the wii and the pc and it would do serious harm to both. i call it fake.

arasium

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
It's just an ui.

I've modified the code (i've extracted it from the exe).
Just click on the fuschia surface. It will toggle the "Flash" state. Then you can click on it, the progress bar will progress without doing anything.

D

Deleted-171178

He has no disclaimer, if somebody bricks their wii they can claim from him
tongue.gif

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
arasium said:
It's just an ui.

Just click on the fuschia surface. It will toggle the "Flash" state. Then you can click on it, the progress bar will progress without doing anything.

Yes, I can confirm this. You can do this with the original binary too, by clicking in the same area.
The two dll's that are in the rar, aren't used at all.
No idea if the wads on the megaupload are dangerous or not.

It is technically possible that the wii nand is flashable via some mechanism like this. AFAIK It is still unknown how Nintendo flash the chips in the first place.
Just to clear up, a usb to usb cable isn't just two connectors and a piece of wire. Most use a Prolific PL2301 / PL2302 chip in between.
But whatever Nintendo use could be anything ( or they really could flash them before they put them on a board and remove the flash chip to fix a brick ).

Zolotor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heads up, this can harm your wii (possibly short it).

I just tried this software, connected the wii to the PC via usb cable. Turn on wii and the wii power led turned off as if power supply was removed, no Red Led... I thought I fried my Wii, so I had to remove and re-insert the power supply and the red led came back.

And yes, it's FAKE! you can simulate the flasher to run succesfully even if you don't have any wii connected to your PC. Just refer to Arasium's post.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
arasium said:
It's just an ui.

There is no way to extract source code from an .exe. That is a physically impossiblilty. When the code is compiled, its converted to machine code, i.e. binary. There is no way to tell what language it was in originally, so it cant be reversed. And not all compilers do everything quite the same, so even just compiling the same code with two compilers could produce slightly different end programs. There is no way to extract code from an .exe.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Same here,
decompiled the binary... two dlls got never referenced in this crap... it's only ui... nothing else...

@SifJar : .Net like java uses intermediate bytecode so you can pretty much create the source from the binary. You can then change and recompile the application... Only difference private fields / local variables will not have their original names and code will be a bit different in style since compiler optimizes it. Also check out the term obfuscation...

Wack0

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so it's my turn to investigate.

My post in the Wiiso topic said:
Well, I heard these "fake" messages.. and decided to look into it myself.

First, the two .dlls .. they are not referenced from the .exe at all ..
Flash.dll is crypto ? RSA ? something like that
IO_Ports.dll .. isn't a dll at all. It's something to do with the wii, I see a visible title id of 0001000000555044 (".UPD"), mentioned a lot of times.

The system menu wads are real.

And yes, by clicking to the right of the progress bar I can get it to say connected and "flashing" .. and the only USB device connected to my box is my external hdd.

Sorry guys, it's fake ..
Why would people say it's real ? Maybe they just want to believe it's real
tongue.gif

but seriously guys, it WON'T work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay