Hacking Un-brick any Wii Is this Real?????

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beegee7730 said:
Anyone tried yet?
If I had Bootmii I would chop up two old USB cables
wink.gif

Please don't connect the power lines if you do (unless you don't care for your Wii's motherboard).
As you can see Screemer agrees with me about the short in the circuit.
Screemer said:
a simple male-male usb cable would short the powerlines on the usb port of the wii and the pc and it would do serious harm to both. i call it fake.
Thanks for tighten my statement
smile.gif

QUOTE(mousex @ Aug 26 2009, 10:22 AM)
Wouldn't it short the Wii's and PC's USB circuits if you use plain male-male USB cables? If it does even Bootmii won't help, at least it should be the same kind of USB cable you use to connect two computers together.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
G0dLiKe said:
But you can connect it using ethernet cable, is this any good or just a miserable joke?

Its a JOKE..

And siFjar... The code was not "recompiled". The original exe from the OP download link does exactly as mentioned. Download it and see. Just click the spot to the right of the progress bar, Load the system menu wad from the folder and "FLASH" your wii

arasium

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
SifJar said:
arasium said:
It's just an ui.

I've modified the code (i've extracted it from the exe).
Just click on the fuschia surface. It will toggle the "Flash" state. Then you can click on it, the progress bar will progress without doing anything.

There is no way to extract source code from an .exe. That is a physically impossiblilty. When the code is compiled, its converted to machine code, i.e. binary. There is no way to tell what language it was in originally, so it cant be reversed. And not all compilers do everything quite the same, so even just compiling the same code with two compilers could produce slightly different end programs. There is no way to extract code from an .exe.

No no you're wrong. DotNet is different. It's like java. The dotnet exe file doesn't contain any binary code. The code in a .Net file is ILCode wich is a pseudo code. Then, we need a runtime to compile the code on the fly, it's what we call a JIT compiler (just in time compiler).

The exe file is a dotnet file, so you can read its content with reflector (use google and try it, you will see).

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There are also some scripting languages that produces .EXE after "compiling" but the don't compile anything. It's much more an interpreter with an integrated loader and the source (sometimes encryped with simple xor) in it.
e.g. AUTOIT works like described.

Col70

Trophies
XP
Country
ph34r.gif
evil.gif

original thread now removed from other source.... I hope they hunt the cretin down and gut him

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Zolotor said:
Heads up, this can harm your wii (possibly short it).

I just tried this software, connected the wii to the PC via usb cable. Turn on wii and the wii power led turned off as if power supply was removed, no Red Led... I thought I fried my Wii, so I had to remove and re-insert the power supply and the red led came back.

And yes, it's FAKE! you can simulate the flasher to run succesfully even if you don't have any wii connected to your PC. Just refer to Arasium's post.
lucky you. either the wii has some kind of shortage protection built in or your board has. you could have seriously fried one of them.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
maybe you just run a custom written troja/virus (and no your stupid anti-vir can't do shit about it since they all have a huge flaw; they can only find known virus' trojans), you should never run such bogus tools!

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
maybe you just run a custom written troja/virus (and no your stupid anti-vir can't do shit about it since they all have a huge flaw; they can only find known virus' trojans), you should never run such bogus tools!

Who's to say tools that work dont do this too?
Without souce code you can't be 100% sure when working with hacks and tools that are not mainstream. Even if it does what it says, it could be doing 100 other things as well, you would never know.

dogeggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
noticed one of the guys on that forum was whining that 'tempers' say everything was fake, if it wasn't for some of the coders here exposing it, they would probably still be telling each other it worked and frying their wiis to hell
wink.gif

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
dogeggs said:
noticed one of the guys on that forum was whining that 'tempers' say everything was fake, if it wasn't for some of the coders here exposing it, they would probably still be telling each other it worked and frying their wiis to hell
wink.gif

Even after all of the posts and proof some of thier regulars were still saying things like "did you have .net 3.5 installed maybe thats the problem". some people are just too trusting and this guy could have done some serious damage, especially when one of thier top uploaders and "gods" claimed it worked (the reason I think the thread was pulled as a lot of people were demanding an explanation from him). There were a load of people trying to brick thier wii's to test it. They should all be thankfull that male to male USB cables are not readily available at thier houses and they had to spend money or a fair whack of Wii's / PC's would have been broken.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks alot guys for answering my question i knew it was a good idea to ask here first sounded to good to be true stuff like this shouldn't be joked about, i'll remove the pic now. And no i haven't tried it or bought the cable guess theres no need to.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
arasium said:
No no you're wrong. DotNet is different. It's like java. The dotnet exe file doesn't contain any binary code. The code in a .Net file is ILCode wich is a pseudo code. Then, we need a runtime to compile the code on the fly, it's what we call a JIT compiler (just in time compiler).

The exe file is a dotnet file, so you can read its content with reflector (use google and try it, you will see).

FWIW, there are decompilers for native code too. They just tend to produce code that is harder to change/recompile than the java/.net decompilers.

Someone did a Z80 to C decompiler so they could get an original version of pacman running in C ( no idea if the original game was written in C but that doesn't actually matter ).

It's very unlikely that the Wii supports usb-on-the-go, so the usb is likely to only be a host & not a peripheral. So if your PC doesn't support usb-on-the-go (even less likely) then you'll have two hosts trying to talk to each other & that just won't work. No matter if you leave the power lines disconnected. The only way for two hosts to talk to each other is via a bridge, like the prolific chips used in USB to USB cables to connect two PC's together (and also used for the PC to Playstation 2 USB cables).

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so there is no link to the thread, no pics or videos, and the original thread was removed, then why is this thread still going and going..?? there is no reason to keep this open..!!
wtf.gif

D

Deleted-171178

TRushInfo said:
beegee7730 said:
someone with bootmii try it. I know TT were working on something similar.

Well go ahead and try it instead of upping your post count

I would if I had Bootmii.
Now that this has been proven fake can this thread be locked or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.