Ultra High Speed (UHS-I)Micro SD's on PSP

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Vladimir, Apr 16, 2012.

Apr 16, 2012
  1. Vladimir
    OP

Newcomer Vladimir Advanced Member

Mexico
    I saw on my local store that they're selling (very cheap) these "new?" Adata UHS-I Micro SD cards [The 8GB one is $9 USD (what would be in Mexican pesos)].
    They claim that these cards are much faster than Class 10 cards (20MB/S of Read speed).
    However, they say they work with "compatible" devices.

I'm thinking about buying 2 of those for my PSP so i can use them with my genuine CR-5400 adapter.

Here's the link of the official Adata website where they talk about 'em.
    http://www.adata.com...&cid=7&piid=147

I've searched the whole internets, and haven't found ANYTHING about how these UHS-I cards work on PSP, anything.

Do any of you guys know something about these cards?

2. Un4tural

Member Un4tural GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It is just a fancy pants name as far as i can work out... most likely just a turd upgraded controller thats all... compatible device, as in a lot of cases refer to idiots who try to stick a square object into a round hole and then sue them for it not working.

i got samsung class 10, does 12mb/s write 17mb/s read, works a charm on psp with a rip-off adapter, though i will get a genuine photofast somewhere down the road. just on psp it gives me 7mb/s write... read stays at 16mb/s... from what i read photofast adapter is capable of speeds above class 10, as even my rubbish rip-off adapter can pull off 16mb/s read speeds...

it will work fine, though probably at normal speeds...

now i cannot find which version of SD cr5400 supports, but i assume it is 2.0, in which case it should work at normal class10 speeds, though again, i got no idea... it does say it support speeds of 10mb/s which implies it would support UHS... shoot them an email or something and ask...

the cards will work quickly anyways and at that price can you really complain...

3. Vladimir
    OP

Mexico
    I'm gonna send them an e-mail and see what they answer!, thanks for your suggestion!

4. Vladimir
    OP

Mexico
    In case that anyone cared. I talked directly through the Adata official site chat, and they told me that UHS-I cards would work perfectly using the Photofast CR-5400 adapter on a PSP. Let's see if that's true. I'll tell you what happened.

5. Un4tural

Member Un4tural GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i didn't say they wouldn't work... it is just that they might not work at full speed, whatever it might be due to slightly different standard they use.

6. Vladimir
    OP

Mexico
    Yes, that's what i tought. He said it would "work", but he didn't told me at what speed. Also, he was a sales guy, i doubt he really knew what he was talking about.