Hardware Ultra High Speed (UHS-I)Micro SD's on PSP

Vladimir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I saw on my local store that they're selling (very cheap) these "new?" Adata UHS-I Micro SD cards [The 8GB one is $9 USD (what would be in Mexican pesos)].
They claim that these cards are much faster than Class 10 cards (20MB/S of Read speed).
However, they say they work with "compatible" devices.

I'm thinking about buying 2 of those for my PSP so i can use them with my genuine CR-5400 adapter.

Here's the link of the official Adata website where they talk about 'em.
http://www.adata.com...&cid=7&piid=147

I've searched the whole internets, and haven't found ANYTHING about how these UHS-I cards work on PSP, anything.

Do any of you guys know something about these cards?

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
It is just a fancy pants name as far as i can work out... most likely just a turd upgraded controller thats all... compatible device, as in a lot of cases refer to idiots who try to stick a square object into a round hole and then sue them for it not working.

i got samsung class 10, does 12mb/s write 17mb/s read, works a charm on psp with a rip-off adapter, though i will get a genuine photofast somewhere down the road. just on psp it gives me 7mb/s write... read stays at 16mb/s... from what i read photofast adapter is capable of speeds above class 10, as even my rubbish rip-off adapter can pull off 16mb/s read speeds...

it will work fine, though probably at normal speeds...

UHS Speed Class

The Ultra-High Speed (UHS) interface is available on some SDHC and SDXC cards.[41] The following ultra-high speeds are specified:
UHS-I cards, specified in SD Version 3.01,[37] support a clock frequency of 100 MHz (a quadrupling of the original Default Speed), which in four-bit transfer mode could transfer 50 MB/s. UHS-I cards declared as UHS104 also support a clock frequency of 208 MHz, which could transfer 104 MB/s. UHS-I is the only class for which products are currently available.[39]
Double data rate operation at 50 MHz (DDR50) is also specified in Version 3.01, and is mandatory for microSDHC and microSDXC cards labeled as UHS-I. In this mode, four bits are transferred when the clock signal rises and another four bits when it falls, transferring an entire byte on each full clock cycle.
UHS-II cards, to be defined in Version 4.0, further raise the data transfer rate to a theoretical maximum of 312 MB/s.[42][43]

UHS memory cards work best with UHS host devices. The combination lets the user record HD resolution videos to tapeless camcorders while performing other functions. It is also suitable for real-time broadcasts and capturing large HD videos.

Cards that comply with UHS show UHS-I or UHS-II on the label, and report this capability to the host device. Use of UHS requires that the host device command the card to drop from 3.3-volt to 1.8-volt operation and select the 4-bit transfer mode.

now i cannot find which version of SD cr5400 supports, but i assume it is 2.0, in which case it should work at normal class10 speeds, though again, i got no idea... it does say it support speeds of 10mb/s which implies it would support UHS... shoot them an email or something and ask...

the cards will work quickly anyways and at that price can you really complain...

Vladimir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It is just a fancy pants name as far as i can work out... most likely just a turd upgraded controller thats all... compatible device, as in a lot of cases refer to idiots who try to stick a square object into a round hole and then sue them for it not working.

i got samsung class 10, does 12mb/s write 17mb/s read, works a charm on psp with a rip-off adapter, though i will get a genuine photofast somewhere down the road. just on psp it gives me 7mb/s write... read stays at 16mb/s... from what i read photofast adapter is capable of speeds above class 10, as even my rubbish rip-off adapter can pull off 16mb/s read speeds...

it will work fine, though probably at normal speeds...

UHS Speed Class

The Ultra-High Speed (UHS) interface is available on some SDHC and SDXC cards.[41] The following ultra-high speeds are specified:
UHS-I cards, specified in SD Version 3.01,[37] support a clock frequency of 100 MHz (a quadrupling of the original Default Speed), which in four-bit transfer mode could transfer 50 MB/s. UHS-I cards declared as UHS104 also support a clock frequency of 208 MHz, which could transfer 104 MB/s. UHS-I is the only class for which products are currently available.[39]
Double data rate operation at 50 MHz (DDR50) is also specified in Version 3.01, and is mandatory for microSDHC and microSDXC cards labeled as UHS-I. In this mode, four bits are transferred when the clock signal rises and another four bits when it falls, transferring an entire byte on each full clock cycle.
UHS-II cards, to be defined in Version 4.0, further raise the data transfer rate to a theoretical maximum of 312 MB/s.[42][43]

UHS memory cards work best with UHS host devices. The combination lets the user record HD resolution videos to tapeless camcorders while performing other functions. It is also suitable for real-time broadcasts and capturing large HD videos.

Cards that comply with UHS show UHS-I or UHS-II on the label, and report this capability to the host device. Use of UHS requires that the host device command the card to drop from 3.3-volt to 1.8-volt operation and select the 4-bit transfer mode.

now i cannot find which version of SD cr5400 supports, but i assume it is 2.0, in which case it should work at normal class10 speeds, though again, i got no idea... it does say it support speeds of 10mb/s which implies it would support UHS... shoot them an email or something and ask...

the cards will work quickly anyways and at that price can you really complain...

I'm gonna send them an e-mail and see what they answer!, thanks for your suggestion!

Vladimir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In case that anyone cared. I talked directly through the Adata official site chat, and they told me that UHS-I cards would work perfectly using the Photofast CR-5400 adapter on a PSP. Let's see if that's true. I'll tell you what happened.

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
In case that anyone cared. I talked directly through the Adata official site chat, and they told me that UHS-I cards would work perfectly using the Photofast CR-5400 adapter on a PSP. Let's see if that's true. I'll tell you what happened.

i didn't say they wouldn't work... it is just that they might not work at full speed, whatever it might be due to slightly different standard they use.

Vladimir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

i didn't say they wouldn't work... it is just that they might not work at full speed, whatever it might be due to slightly different standard they use.

Yes, that's what i tought. He said it would "work", but he didn't told me at what speed. Also, he was a sales guy, i doubt he really knew what he was talking about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol...