Hacking Hardware (QUESTION) After PicoFly Installation no micro sd card detected

BanjoKazooieFan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello There!
I shipped my switch to someone to install the PicoFly Modchip.
But after I received my Switch, it only shows No SD CARD.
I tried multiple Micro SD Cards, from 4GB to 256 GB. I tried Samsung SD Cards and the SanDisk with the Nintendo branding.
I also switched the micro sd slot to a new one, but nothing changed.
Anything I can do about this?

domifi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you prepared your SD card with the necessary files? I can't post links yet, but just google rentry.org EristaSXCoreEmuNAND for one of many guides

BanjoKazooieFan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I only loaded the hekate payload on the sd card, because most say, that the chip is looking for payload.bin.
I will try it when I´m home from work. In the rentry guide I found, there is stated, that SX Gear is not needed for the HWFL Chip.
Is this true for the Picofly as well?

domifi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I only loaded the hekate payload on the sd card, because most say, that the chip is looking for payload.bin.
That's true, but you need to make sure your card is correctly formatted as FAT32, exFAT can make problems, and anything else doesn't work.

SX Gear is not needed for the HWFL Chip.
Is this true for the Picofly as well?
Yes. I did it a few days ago. Just make sure to use the right guide for your model of switch.

BanjoKazooieFan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did formated it to FAT32. As it didn´t work with it, I switched to exFAT.
In the past I had a Day one switch. This was way easier.
Now I have the first version again, but patched.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use guiformat fat32 to format your sd card, always works for me:
http://ridgecrop.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
Also make sure it's mbr not gpt.

If everything's correct then check your sd card slot or the ribbon cable connector, maybe it's not plugged in properly. You can also boot to ofw by pressing vol+ and vol- at the same time, see if your sd card is detected in ofw (although I highly doubt it will show up).

jrok96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same problem here. first i tried one of the hwfly 2040 pico chips from aliexpress. after installing I turn on console and get no sd card message with picofly picture above it. So i assume its a success. i go ahead and install the HATS pack on a sd card. but when i turn on console with the sd card inserted it just endlessly glitches or flashes blue on the chip. Do i have a problem with the chip or just not setting up the sd card properly???
now I completely removed all wiring and rewired an actual pico zero chip with latest firmware. And it boots right up to the no sd card pico screen but wont boot with sd card.

edit: The one thing that both of those installs had in common was how I powered and grounded the chip. ( I am sure this is probably a very well known issue to everyone except me lol.) I got 3.3v from the spot above the sd card slot........ that was causing it to reboot when reading the sd card. this is why it worked fine until it tried to read that card. switched to the normal spot under the game cart reader and all is fine now.

Last edited by jrok96,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto