Which SD card I should buy?

Savverlite323

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Which sd card should I buy and preferably, Sandisk. And also, what storage should I buy that's 32gb and above. PLEASE NO HDD I can't afford it, even if it's $10.

I am hoping to buy an sd card to put my wii games at

if you might suggest anything above 32gb, please suggest a third party software that I can use to format the memory card to FAT32.

I was thinking on buying either Sandisk Ultra SDHC UHS-I 32GB or 64GB
or Sandisk 64GB Ultra SDXC

But I don't know which would work better and I am not sure how or what I should do when I format a 64GB SD Card as I might corrupt it or break it without knowing what I should do

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have seen threads about this a lot so look around but I just want to give you my opinion which is very personal.

First of, SD card is an unreliable technology and depending in what device you put it it can corrupt. Don't bet your life on a SD card.

There are a lot of FAKE on amazon so it's a big gamble if you buy it there you have to find a reputable seller it's more important than the brand. SD cards have been around for a long time by this point, good sellers will only carry speedy enough SD for the wii.

Savverlite323

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I have seen threads about this a lot so look around but I just want to give you my opinion which is very personal.

First of, SD card is an unreliable technology and depending in what device you put it it can corrupt. Don't bet your life on a SD card.

There are a lot of FAKE on amazon so it's a big gamble if you buy it there you have to find a reputable seller it's more important than the brand. SD cards have been around for a long time by this point, good sellers will only carry speedy enough SD for the wii.
Thank you for your opinion although, I am only looking for temporary game storage, overall, most would rather choose SD cards over flash drives, AND IT IS ALREADY GIVEN THAT HDD IS THE BEST CHOICE

but like I said, I am looking for a temp storage so might I ask kindly, will Sandisk 64GB Ultra SDXC work properly as intended? Yes, I need to format it using FAT32 GUI Formatter but completely, will it work nicely? I have a Ridata 2GB SD Card and it never failed me, I want an upgrade and have found Sandisk 64GB Ultra SDXC to be available online. and yes it is an official store.. so will it do good to me if I use Sandisk 64GB Ultra SDXC for Wii or is there another SD card I can buy that you guys might recommend? I am also not sure if SDXC won't cause me problems so if you know about it, please explain it to me in detail

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your opinion although, I am only looking for temporary game storage, overall, most would rather choose SD cards over flash drives, AND IT IS ALREADY GIVEN THAT HDD IS THE BEST CHOICE

but like I said, I am looking for a temp storage so might I ask kindly, will Sandisk 64GB Ultra SDXC work properly as intended? Yes, I need to format it using FAT32 GUI Formatter but completely, will it work nicely? I have a Ridata 2GB SD Card and it never failed me, I want an upgrade and have found Sandisk 64GB Ultra SDXC to be available online. and yes it is an official store.. so will it do good to me if I use Sandisk 64GB Ultra SDXC for Wii or is there another SD card I can buy that you guys might recommend? I am also not sure if SDXC won't cause me problems so if you know about it, please explain it to me in detail
Good morning,

for information :

https://i.goopics.net/fnyrdr.png

I use this SD card with my Wii U, it works like a charm.:yayu:

the SD card you wish to buy should not pose any problem, take with a minimum transfer of 80MB/s or more 120 or 140.

My personal opinion :

I'm not enthusiastic about micro SD

Savverlite323

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Good morning,

for information :

the SD card you wish to buy should not pose any problem, take with a minimum transfer of 80MB/s or more 120 or 140.

My personal opinion :

Thanks, I was just really overthinking this for real haha. knowing what you said, I am assuming that it is ok to use sdxc? if so, I'd be much obliged if you would confirm

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Good morning,

for information :

My personal opinion :

I use this one, actually I bought my latest one on Amazon recently. The Wii isn't picky with the kind of SD you use. I've used plenty over time

Reactions: jeannotte

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A simpler conclusion = Samsung brands work just fine. Not saying other brands are worse. Just be careful where you buy it from. Usually, the cheaper, the crappier it becomes. Stay away from ebay & the like & read the reviews.
Micro sdxc's do come with an adapter. Samsung's works just fine.
Speeds are irrelevant, as the Wii is on the older/slower side.
Choose wisely (take your time) & ask before buying.
Oh, & think big. More storage space.

NiQ1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
SanDisk works great for me. It's difficult to find full sized SD cards these days so I use a microSD+adapter.
Like Magsor said there are a lot of scams involving storage devices (SSD / USB disk / SD card etc.) that report themselves as having a capacity way larger than they actually do, leading to data loss when you write to them. It's less of a brand issue and more about avoiding these scams -
1. I recommend buying stuff on traditional store websites (e.g. Newegg) or at actual physical stores (yes, they still exist...) rather than a marketplace site (e.g. eBay). Amazon is fine only if Amazon itself is the seller.
2. If the price seems too good to be true, it always is.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
SanDisk works great for me. It's difficult to find full sized SD cards these days so I use a microSD+adapter.
Like Magsor said there are a lot of scams involving storage devices (SSD / USB disk / SD card etc.) that report themselves as having a capacity way larger than they actually do, leading to data loss when you write to them. It's less of a brand issue and more about avoiding these scams -
1. I recommend buying stuff on traditional store websites (e.g. Newegg) or at actual physical stores (yes, they still exist...) rather than a marketplace site (e.g. eBay). Amazon is fine only if Amazon itself is the seller.
2. If the price seems too good to be true, it always is.
you can find full size via amazon

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hello. I mostly use a 256GB micro SD. The best ones that give me optimal gaming performance are the Toshiba and the Philips. I recommend the Toshiba above all. I bought a 512GB SanDisk but I realized that when I emulated Mega CD games, for example, the games presented certain desynchronizations in the video that do not occur in the game on the original console. With the Toshiba they run exactly the same as the original console.
227016_1.jpg

Reactions: Savverlite323

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't usd SDs that much, if you're on a budget I can recommend you kingston exodia usb flash drives, they work wonders with Wii, the reason they're cheap it's that they're somewhat slow when writing data (but you only need to write large amounts of data once, and that's when you load it with games). For reading/loading games they're very fast. I've been using several of them for several years, no issues. HDDs are overkill really, flash drives are fine unless you play 10 hours a day. But watch out because some flash drives just plain refuse to work with the Wii, that's why I told you about this specific model because it's being sold right now and I know they work. Also Intenso flash drives work fine if you can find them on Amazon.

Reactions: Savverlite323

GameGenieLabs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally (even though I somewhat despise them) use SDXC SanDisk microSD + Adapters, since they are an easy way transfer if you have a computer that supports just the microSD slot.

Just keep in mind the responsibility of not misplacing them due to how tiny they are.

Or, you can easily find old used normal sized SD cards on eBay for good prices. 32 GiB capacities are my pick, and I mostly use USB Flash and or HDD's as the main external storage for other files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto