1. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    nachodorito and Skirlez like this.
  2. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    *1267mhz. And I know, binned CPU speed was also bumped upto 2091mhz, and ram was bumped upto 2133mhz
    But the 1785/921/1600 limitation still applies in Horizon to my knowledge.

squee666 likes this.
  3. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

The correct question is "What is tiny soldering guy?"
    And the correct answer is: "A legend."

4. BaamAlex

BaamAlex (*(vu64 *)0x1FF81100)

Germany
    What is that for a question? Users with unpatched units doesn't need a modchip like this because they can use fusée gelée (which is by the way futureproof) ;)

nachodorito likes this.
  5. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I clearly do get it. If you think it's ok to rip off SX but not for SX to rip off you, then you lack objectivity. Coupled with gbatemp's echo chamber it will appear like people with objectivity don't get it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    Kaybag182 likes this.
  6. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

United States
    If only that were true most of the time. I wish more console hackers lacked any morals, then we'd have hacks a lot faster. During the Wii-U days, 3DS days, and before the Switch stuff came out, you'd have people with the hacks circle jerking for attention. We got super lucky to get the Switch hacks in the first place. A lot of hackers get mad if you pirate games with their hacks. Some 3DS CFW didn't even allow you to pirate games, and ragequitted when their CFW was made to allow piracy.

matias3ds likes this.
  7. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    It's because I think some of them want their name to show up for example jobs, as a CV. They don't want their name/nick to show up with piracy. But I'm just guessing here and actually don't know.

8. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    There probably isn't one a common single reason that applies to everyone. Some might not want to get sued, some might have a moral objection to piracy & some might be thinking of their CV.

linuxares likes this.
  9. Retroboy
    This message by Retroboy has been removed from public view by linuxares, Feb 12, 2020, Reason: Lets not start a unnecessary flamewar.
    Feb 12, 2020 Show
  10. BaamAlex
    This message by BaamAlex has been removed from public view by linuxares, Feb 12, 2020, Reason: reply to deleted post.
    Feb 12, 2020 Show
  11. DeoNaught

DeoNaught I'm here to steal memes and break dreams

United States
    People are asking about why we want an open source version, pretty much stolen from TX, and the reason is that so it's not locked to just TX. Which, if I recall correctly, TX's is locked to just their CFW, which is fine I guess it's their product, but me with many others want a different CFW. Now if the TX modchip allowed any CFW, and I didn't need to buy a license(for the software not the chip), I would be fine buying theirs.

So it's not "just because"

Also, if it's open source you'd be buying the parts to make it yourself prolly, not just buying it from someone else. :P

Tho do what you want /shrug

nachodorito likes this.
  12. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    Well, then I'm not sure why you'd want a Nintendo console on your resume. Or any console for that matter. It will inevitably lead to piracy or any other unintended use. It'd make more sense to have some sort of cyber security patch on a resume than exploiting a hole.

DeoNaught and nachodorito like this.
  13. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Does anyone know how much is this modchip going for? I plan on getting 2 one for the patched and 1 for the switch lite. I already know a guy who can do all the soldering

ita54 likes this.
  14. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    Is Switch light like a Coca Cola light or is it diffrent ?

Goku1992A likes this.
  15. Zkajavier

Zkajavier GBAtemp Regular

Costa Rica
    Nintendo Employees like this post.

nachodorito and matias3ds like this.
  16. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

True but that should be more to the fact there hasn't been a hacked mariko for horizons limits to be increased on

17. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

United States
    but why ?
    you are STILL going to have to buy hardware either way so i do not see what the benefit is i think i rather go with TX who were the ones who discovered the new exploit

cometismyname and matias3ds like this.
  18. HRudyPlayZ

HRudyPlayZ GBAtemp Regular

France
    Stealing from private groups, not open to make something futureproof and without limitations --> GOOD
    Stealing from open developpers, releasing their work as open-source to make the scene futureproof --> BAD
    This isn't that hard...

More seriously, we don't care at all who started stealing from who. I just want to see both sides progress in a good direction for the switch's future.
    TX, progress with your chip, make it work, that's fine. Please, just do not abuse your price choice or lock the chip to your OS.
    Others, reverse-engineer this chip, if you want, just, release it as open-source and in a chip of quality.

cometismyname and Valery0p like this.
  19. HugoAndore

HugoAndore Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Dont matter to me who steals from who, we all benefiting from both sides. We just say is homebrew, when over 90% of the users here are probably here for piracy. So props to whomever created what, stole what, made it better, worst, or started a new chain of competition. At the end we all here for free games.

20. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

I’ve just noticed, if you read the opening post below I’ve copy & pasted, it does say at the beginning “All Switch” even regular unpatched switch but then contradicts later by saying no unpatched units grab an sxpro ffs :wacko:

Again this is for ALL Switch. Regular unpatched Switch, Patched, Mariko and Switch Lite. But obviously we are not interested in people with regular unpatched Switch (grab a SX Pro FFS!)

21. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hope they sont lock it and just put a sept like splash screen with sx logo...

22. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It would make more sense to you, but other people don't think like you.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - announces, testing, phase