WiiuGold GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Had mine for a week now :)

semzorro and veenx0704 like this.
  6. xadra

xadra Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    semzorro, Sergey004 and veenx0704 like this.
  7. semzorro

semzorro GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    xadra likes this.
  8. xwizit

xwizit GBAtemp Regular

soooo anyone know where we are gonna be able to reliably buy an sx lite/pro?

9. LiveMChief

LiveMChief Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Quite a few sites already available.

10. tomatorawr

tomatorawr Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Second this, I got refunded from uber and I am not trying to find a reliable reseller. If anyone knows one that isn't sketchy pm me!

11. nexxusty

nexxusty Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Yup, lol. Considering I play in handheld mode exclusively pretty much, a Switch Lite is the way to go it seems.

Selling my Switch though... It's a (Exploited too! LOL) V1. Still a little bit too early to sell it and grab a Lite just yet. However, a couple of hours extended battery life (Even more utilising underclocking in certain games that don't require even the stock 1000mhz CPU clock) and possibly even slightly higher clock speeds on the SoC. If that ends up being the case.... Absolutely a no brainer.

With an SX Lite in place, we should have no issues overclocking to even 1800/925/1600 (CPU/GPU/RAM). While having the same or even slightly better battery life than the stock V1. Heat should also be comparable with a stock V1, especially since if I am opening it, you'd better believe some kind of Thermal Grizzly product is going inside there.

Hehe. I will probably just use Liquid Metal. I've used it on my laptops, as long as the mounting surface is copper, the LM doesn't mess with it much at all. Nothing 3 minutes with 800 grit sandpaper won't fix. ;-)

Exciting times.

Last edited by nexxusty, Jun 13, 2020
  12. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Lite at max clocks won't get better or the same battery life as Erista at stock speeds. That's only a thing with the normal sized Mariko units.

nexxusty likes this.
  13. nexxusty

nexxusty Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Aww... Well damn, I "sit" corrected.

So to clarify for me, if you can/will, are "Mariko" units simply the latest versions the regular Switch on the market? Also, I was under the impression the Lite was using the same SoC that you're telling me"Mariko" has.

So...

Mariko Switch = Regular Design, NM shrunk SoC, Same battery as V1 Switch? Giving these units a significant battery life extension. Don't these units have extra clock speed bins on CPU or GPU cores as well, or?

Lite Switch = Lite Design, NM shrunk SoC, Slightly SMALLER Battery? Thus the same, or close to the same battery life as a V1?

I am up to date now with everything, correct? Hehe. :-)

I wonder.... Would a V1 battery physically fit into a Switch Lite? I don't know the thickness of them both, if there is no variance, or something we could measure 0.5MM or below... We could likely put one in there. I should take a quick look to see if I am wasting my time or not.

I am going to start offering modding services in my area using these chips (Or softmod for a V1 if wanted). I would however, love to have some other mods to offer people besides replacement cases, buttons, or replacement TIM.

Last edited by nexxusty, Jun 13, 2020
  14. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Mariko = the new die shrunk SoC
    Both the Lite and red box systems use it. It is binned higher (around 20% higher), doesn't really matter though, those higher speeds aren't used by Nintendo outside of potentially manufacturing testing (old hardware was tested at its max speeds during Aging, dunno about new hardware).

And yeah, lite's battery is around 30% smaller iirc, and its battery life at stock speeds is almost the same as the old Erista systems (it's advertised to last around three and a half hours)

Uh, the battery is definitely physically larger, from photos it doesn't look like there'd be enough room, but idk.

15. Omar0131

Omar0131 Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Does anyone know a trusted website or seller to buy an sx core from?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - reviewers, packaging, revealed