1. MachRc

MachRc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thank you TX!

my kid updated our 2nd, err 3rd switch to 10.0.3 yesterday
    and the beta 2.9.5 had no porblem booting up, but I am glad 3.0 is stable for (some games my kids dont really play anymore)

Minecraft dungeons has been great so far with the whole family, and probably the only game I play now on the switch platform

2. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    rrocha likes this.
  3. redrum30

redrum30 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    no they will have to do firmware updates no matter what dud

4. fille

fille GBAtemp Fan

Belgium

I mean with the new chip from team xc.

5. shanefromoz

shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    sxos 3.0 does work with 10.0.4

weatMod likes this.
  6. XD2020

XD2020 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

South Africa
    Do you dual boot between the two, how does that work?

7. RyoX9

RyoX9 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    do we need hardware? or softmod like other switches for mariko?

8. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    So I'm trying to create a new emunand but sysnand and emunand seems not to be separate anymore, if I change theme in one of them it change it in the other too.

Also the reboot function works even on sysnand but it should work only om emunand.
    What it's happening here what have I done? :wacko:

9. mkl491

mkl491 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I am able to get SX3.0 to work with Enunand. However I am not seeing any games. I've tried renaming Emutendo folder to Nintendo, but still no luck. Once I revert back to 2.9.5, then I am able to see the games (in Emutendo). Is this happening to anyone else?

10. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    When I want to go online, play online, access eShop, etc... I boot normally into the system, if I want to play backups, homebrew, etc... I boot into my EmuNand, my EmuNand is completely offline. Both the System and EmuNand does not talk to each other so no chance (so far) of getting banned.
    If you dont know what EmuNand is, its just a clone of my SystemNand stored on my SD Card and I choose which one I want to boot into.
    For this setup, my SystemNand was 100% clean before setup, never touched custom firmware, I did my sx os licence activation offline way back in the day.
    If you want this setup, and you want to to create EmuNand, it is recommended that your system is 100% clean. If your system has touched any custom firmware, your most likely been flagged for future ban if you want to go online on your SystemNand.

Hardware for new Mariko and Lite models.

Last edited by xs4all, Jun 6, 2020
  11. XD2020

XD2020 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

South Africa
    Very cool. Thank you for the info!

I’m planning on creating/using emunand on an sd card. I assume you have to at least install the modchip and boot into SXOS first to make a copy of the SystemNand. And that doesn't let it know anything is up. I’m guessing we can still activate SXOS offline with the new chip and version 3.

12. BlackOmegaTM

BlackOmegaTM Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Read the thread. If it's error 2162-0002, just delete the autoloader and your emunand will work.

13. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    But I didn't had the autoloader...

14. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Not sure about the modchip solution but I'm pretty sure it's the same as the current SX OS solution for non patched Switches, from what I read, once you install the modchip, it boots straight into the SX OS boot menu, then from here you have the option to boot straight into SystemNand, SX custom firmware or EmuNand, since this is the case, it's just a matter of going into the settings within the sx boot menu and create a EmuNand on SD CARD.

When you boot into SX boot menu, it will create a file with your system details, simply copy this file to your PC and upload it to the SX activation url, once it activates, copy the new activated license file back to the SD CARD, so when you need boot into the SX boot menu, your SX license will be activated.

The new modchip are mainly for the new Mariko and Lite Switch's only, but can be used on the non patched switch, saves us using the jig and dongle to boot into SX OS.

15. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Guru

Last edited by dsrules, Jun 6, 2020
    comput3rus3r likes this.
  16. 1alien1

1alien1 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    is there any way to have the xci games sorted alphabetically in the "games (album)" section? for me it shows the usb files first, then the ones on the sd card and in the order they were put onto the storage medium, any chance to change that or do i have to use a external fat sorter program for this :(?

comput3rus3r likes this.
  17. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    What a trash update. I don’t even have broadband right now. Used a cell to grab it. Freeze on the Switch logo.Telsa. Was spotty at best before on SX OX, and now it won’t even boot with it (dunno if there’s been an updated Tesla or not). Fired up Pokemon Sword to see if it liked the cheats file. Nope. Time to switch back to Hekate. What’s this light blue screen? Great. Now payload launcher doesn’t work with it either. After a month of switching back and forth without having to use a dongle...

This update is a hot mess.

Muxi likes this.
  18. Muxi

Muxi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    I'm with you on this. Probably this feature had to give way, because it is not compatible with the modchips or the Mariko/Lite consoles and those who use unpatched consoles have the disadvantage!

19. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Guys just bear in mind this version of sxos 3.0.0 probably wasn’t completely finished properly by TX the only reason they decided to release it in the end was only because of the leak and they didn’t want impatient users gambling on a leaked version which stems from dodgy download links etc.. that could do TX more harm than good! so yes there are issues but nothing worth getting really excited about I’m sure TX will release a more finished version when they are ready.

PitPitPit likes this.
  20. Loversan

Loversan Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Cote d'Ivoire
    /

Same here, updated and got an error, went back to 2.9.5

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - introduces, releases, support