TX releases SX OS v3.0.0 beta, introduces SX Core and Lite support plus bug fixes

SXOS300BETA.png

After a long wait, the official release of SX OS v3.0.0 is here to enjoy! Supporting all Switch consoles, it's great for those waiting for their pre-ordered modchips. For those running unpatched consoles this new update also brings a few long-awaited bug fixes, including the broken cheat finder and the game crashes on Switch firmware 10.

You can find the full update below.
It has come to our attention some people didn't take the Non Disclosure Agreement we (did not ;-)) make them sign too seriously. Thus, we are releasing SX OS v3.0.0 beta to the public today.

We would (again) strongly suggest *not* to use any builds of SX OS that were not distributed by us (This includes private links that do point to our servers, for what it's worth). It could pose a risk to your hardware and data and creates a potential support nightmare for us. Thank you for your understanding.

Let's not waste any more time and have a look at the changelog for SX OS v3.0.0:
  • Full support for Mariko and Switch Lite consoles.
    That's right, SX OS now supports 100% of all consoles manufactured to date.
  • Support for SX Core and SX Lite boot methods.
    With SX Core and SX Lite arriving to the mainstream audience soon, we want to make sure you can actually use your product when it arrives to your doorstep. We would like to remind you every SX Core and SX Lite comes with a *free* license for SX OS. No need to pick up a license key separately. Just activate your product like you normally would. (Through our website or using the SX OS menu)
  • Support for systems with a larger NAND
    Die hard Switch modders who have installed a larger NAND storage in their switches are now actually able to use it with SX OS. (Previously it would hang during boot)
  • Fixed error 2162-0002 game crashes
    We introduced a regression in SX OS 2.9.5 which made some games crash with error code 2162-0002 (when accessing in game manuals and such). This has been addressed and resolved.
  • Fix bug with displaying MAIN memory addresses in cheat finder
    We had a little regression in the cheatfinder a while ago that slipped past our QA somehow. All you cheat hunters can rejoice, this has been fixed!
There's many under the hood changes we won't bore you with, if you encounter any issues do not hesitate to let us know!

That's all we have in store for you today. We are happy to see our new products are being embraced by a wild variety of entities worldwide. We promised a solution for the unliberated Switch consoles, and we are the first to deliver one. Keep this in mind when you vouch for any derivative works, and have a good night!
Are you eagerly waiting for the SX Core and Lite to release? Are there any hot issues you're still waiting for a fix on? Let us know!

:arrow: Source

MachRc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you TX!

my kid updated our 2nd, err 3rd switch to 10.0.3 yesterday
and the beta 2.9.5 had no porblem booting up, but I am glad 3.0 is stable for (some games my kids dont really play anymore)

Minecraft dungeons has been great so far with the whole family, and probably the only game I play now on the switch platform

XD2020

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those that care, OFW on 10.0.3 and EmuNand on 10.0.2 works fine, as others have already advised, autoloader and Tesla doesn't work.
I dont use Tesla and loosing autoloader is not a big deal to me.
My OFW is online and EmuNand is completely offline, updated EmuNand from 9.x to 10.0.2 using ChoiDujour.
Newer games require FW 10.0.x+, so if you want to play, then you will need to upgrade at some point, I chose not to update my EmuNand to 10.0.3 because 10.0.2 seems fine with newer games that require it.
There are reports that some games still have issues.

Do you dual boot between the two, how does that work?

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think I messed up, didn't want to turn off the console so I connected the console to the pc, started the mtp app and changed the boot file from there.
SX gave me an error and I lost everything on the emunand even the saves :(

No way to get them back?
So I'm trying to create a new emunand but sysnand and emunand seems not to be separate anymore, if I change theme in one of them it change it in the other too.

Also the reboot function works even on sysnand but it should work only om emunand.
What it's happening here what have I done? :wacko:

mkl491

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am able to get SX3.0 to work with Enunand. However I am not seeing any games. I've tried renaming Emutendo folder to Nintendo, but still no luck. Once I revert back to 2.9.5, then I am able to see the games (in Emutendo). Is this happening to anyone else?

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you dual boot between the two, how does that work?

When I want to go online, play online, access eShop, etc... I boot normally into the system, if I want to play backups, homebrew, etc... I boot into my EmuNand, my EmuNand is completely offline. Both the System and EmuNand does not talk to each other so no chance (so far) of getting banned.
If you dont know what EmuNand is, its just a clone of my SystemNand stored on my SD Card and I choose which one I want to boot into.
For this setup, my SystemNand was 100% clean before setup, never touched custom firmware, I did my sx os licence activation offline way back in the day.
If you want this setup, and you want to to create EmuNand, it is recommended that your system is 100% clean. If your system has touched any custom firmware, your most likely been flagged for future ban if you want to go online on your SystemNand.

do we need hardware? or softmod like other switches for mariko?

Hardware for new Mariko and Lite models.

Last edited by xs4all,

XD2020

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I want to go online, play online, access eShop, etc... I boot normally into the system, if I want to play backups, homebrew, etc... I boot into my EmuNand, my EmuNand is completely offline. Both the System and EmuNand does not talk to each other so no chance (so far) of getting banned.
If you dont know what EmuNand is, its just a clone of my SystemNand stored on my SD Card and I choose which one I want to boot into.
For this setup, my SystemNand was 100% clean before setup, never touched custom firmware, I did my sx os licence activation offline way back in the day.
If you want this setup, and you want to to create EmuNand, it is recommended that your system is 100% clean. If your system has touched any custom firmware, your most likely been flagged for future ban if you want to go online on your SystemNand.

Hardware for new Mariko and Lite models.

Very cool. Thank you for the info!

I’m planning on creating/using emunand on an sd card. I assume you have to at least install the modchip and boot into SXOS first to make a copy of the SystemNand. And that doesn't let it know anything is up. I’m guessing we can still activate SXOS offline with the new chip and version 3.

BlackOmegaTM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think I messed up, didn't want to turn off the console so I connected the console to the pc, started the mtp app and changed the boot file from there.
SX gave me an error and I lost everything on the emunand even the saves :(

No way to get them back?

Read the thread. If it's error 2162-0002, just delete the autoloader and your emunand will work.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Very cool. Thank you for the info!

I’m planning on creating/using emunand on an sd card. I assume you have to at least install the modchip and boot into SXOS first to make a copy of the SystemNand. And that doesn't let it know anything is up. I’m guessing we can still activate SXOS offline with the new chip and version 3.

Not sure about the modchip solution but I'm pretty sure it's the same as the current SX OS solution for non patched Switches, from what I read, once you install the modchip, it boots straight into the SX OS boot menu, then from here you have the option to boot straight into SystemNand, SX custom firmware or EmuNand, since this is the case, it's just a matter of going into the settings within the sx boot menu and create a EmuNand on SD CARD.

When you boot into SX boot menu, it will create a file with your system details, simply copy this file to your PC and upload it to the SX activation url, once it activates, copy the new activated license file back to the SD CARD, so when you need boot into the SX boot menu, your SX license will be activated.

The new modchip are mainly for the new Mariko and Lite Switch's only, but can be used on the non patched switch, saves us using the jig and dongle to boot into SX OS.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by dsrules,
Reactions: comput3rus3r

1alien1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is there any way to have the xci games sorted alphabetically in the "games (album)" section? for me it shows the usb files first, then the ones on the sd card and in the order they were put onto the storage medium, any chance to change that or do i have to use a external fat sorter program for this :(?

Reactions: comput3rus3r

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a trash update. I don’t even have broadband right now. Used a cell to grab it. Freeze on the Switch logo.Telsa. Was spotty at best before on SX OX, and now it won’t even boot with it (dunno if there’s been an updated Tesla or not). Fired up Pokemon Sword to see if it liked the cheats file. Nope. Time to switch back to Hekate. What’s this light blue screen? Great. Now payload launcher doesn’t work with it either. After a month of switching back and forth without having to use a dongle...

This update is a hot mess.

Reactions: Muxi

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now payload launcher doesn’t work with it either. After a month of switching back and forth without having to use a dongle...

This update is a hot mess.
I'm with you on this. Probably this feature had to give way, because it is not compatible with the modchips or the Mariko/Lite consoles and those who use unpatched consoles have the disadvantage!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys just bear in mind this version of sxos 3.0.0 probably wasn’t completely finished properly by TX the only reason they decided to release it in the end was only because of the leak and they didn’t want impatient users gambling on a leaked version which stems from dodgy download links etc.. that could do TX more harm than good! so yes there are issues but nothing worth getting really excited about I’m sure TX will release a more finished version when they are ready.

Reactions: Amingo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.