1. 34,838

Front-page
    300 pre-production units are going out to testers that apply to Team-Xecuter with their modding skills!

SXLOGOS.png

People have been waiting for a while for news from Team-Xecuter, and today they hit us with double-whammy, announcing the name of their upcoming modchips, and at the same time putting out an request for 300 solid modders with skills to help fine-tine their pre-production units that will be going to those that start applying TODAY by Contact'ing them directly via their 'wholesale (at) xecuter (dot) com' Email. :)
    So it seems, during the Chinese New Year break, TX was not sleeping, they been working hard, and both the SX CORE and SX LITE is getting ready for the mass public, but in the meantime get to work and apply to TX today showing them your skills and references and you could be one of the lucky first 300 users out there with full bragging rights to show off to the world they have a working modded 'Patched' or 'Mariko' or 'Lite' Switch Console! -- Don't forgot to also check out their recently launched Official TX Support Chat Server :)

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

masbass, mikexd, SSG Vegeta and 27 others like this.
  2. Discussion (154 replies)

3. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

United States
    hope to hear more info once it's released in the wild

4. TunaKetchup

TunaKetchup GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    AdamSandlerUncutGems.gif

Orangy57 likes this.
  5. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    200-300 jeeze that’s a huge sample.

6. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    No thanks, too much of a hassle.
    Summon the tiny soldering guy.
    Perfect beta tester and interested party for this.

7. CompSciOrBust

CompSciOrBust GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Why aren't they interested in people with unpatched consoles if this is for QA? They say not to contact them if you just want free stuff but wouldn't having a unpatched console make you less likely to just be after free things since you already have access to cfw? I'd be willing to do this but I have no trustworthy people as references and I only have access unpatched consoles. Eh.

Jonhy likes this.
  8. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    Because if you're on it just to get it for free (the only possibility), but also you have an unpatched console, it's most likely you're on it just to resell it and that will not only hurt their sales later but it will also not provide then any type of feedback.

CompSciOrBust likes this.
  9. Game_Over_Tom

Game_Over_Tom GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you want in, just go ahead and complete the form and send the email. The worst you can get is a "no". It's worth a shot.

CompSciOrBust likes this.
  10. rrocha

rrocha Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Portugal
    Because although this chip is supposed to run on all versions (including unpatched) they want to focus and nail the hardware for patched, mariko and lite versions. If they have a bug-free hardware for these, all switches are covered. If in the end, they also support unpatched, it's a bonus. Yes, they always said it will also work on unpatched. But I'm also pretty sure that if in the end they need to drop some support, ditching the unpatched ones is the quick way out.

Just my 2 cents.

11. CompSciOrBust

United Kingdom
    Nah I don't want to waste their time if they are only interested in unpatched units. I was just curious as to why that is the case. If they say they don't have enough testers and they'll allow patched users to test the product I'll apply but doing it knowing I'll get rejected just wastes their time.

True but someone who has a patched unit and is well known in the scene / has good references likely already has a unpatched unit so they're just as likely to flip it. Imo all this does it limit how many people they'll get singing up. Which I guess could be what they want so they don't have the entire scene trying to get free chips.

12. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    At this rate they might be in time for a holiday release....

13. Game_Over_Tom

Game_Over_Tom GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There is mention of the official TX Support chat... it can be found at https://xecuter.rocks Check it out.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 12:26 AM
    THYPLEX likes this.
  14. CompSciOrBust

United Kingdom
    That makes sense but if the hardware is exactly the same as patched units bar the ipatches (which is just software it won't make a difference) then I don't see why it should matter. If that's case why not say to only apply if you have a mariko soc?

Edit: I don't know what happened with this comment. rrocha replied after I posted my other comment but before I refreshed the page so I tried to edit it in and now it's two messages?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020 at 7:38 PM
  15. Valery0p

Valery0p GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Half of the testers will be guys in the cloning industry :P but there will probably be some brick code included so... I hope we'll get an open hardware/open source reimplementaion eventually.

16. Stealphie

Stealphie GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    cool i guess

sarkwalvein likes this.
  17. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    I want one !!!

Sergey004 likes this.
  18. Horaldo

Horaldo Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    What difference would an open source implementation make? i mean you will still be paying someone for the hardware right ? so why not pay the original creators so that it can go towards R&D into new products or consoles? Aren't the cloners at the end the ones getting away with daylight robbery ?

Romain80200, terraplen, nccom and 4 others like this.
  19. WiiuGold

WiiuGold GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's time to get back to testing :)

20. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    Welcome to piracy, even the piracy tools get pirated. It's been like that since forever.
    What it means that competition happens... better prices for all. Also freedom to pick and select what you wish.

21. TunaKetchup

TunaKetchup GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    SX stealing from people = bad

People stealing from SX = good

I dont agree with it but thats the mindset of a lot of people who post on this site

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - announces, testing, phase