Homebrew Trying to get the Pokemon G/S/C and the original R/B/Y games to work on 9.2, they don't launch

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an o3DS with 9.2 and whenever I launch R/B/Y (the official VC ones w/ trading) it just loops on a spiraling 3DS logo. I already have R/B/Y on my n3DS but I can only use one version of all 3 games since it will render the save as corrupt if I use another SD card on the same NNID. There's no way I'm paying $30 for all 3 games again on my o3DS! Anyways, how do I fix this? I was told you have to hit the repair button on their eShop pages for them to work. Here's the problem, how do I bypass the system update? I can't get HTTPawn to work on 9.2. I does work on 11.0 and I can use it to bypass the 11.1 update but how do I get it to work on 9.2? Does HTTPawn not work for 9.2 and under, anymore? Also, how do I get the G/S/C versions to work? I heard that G/S/C ones are the ROMs injected into the official Pokemon Yellow VC game, in order to allow trading and BC with R/B/Y via time capsule. Since Yellow is a GBC game, it allowed for G/S/C to be injected.

Last edited by 03bgood,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an o3DS with 9.2 and whenever I launch R/B/Y (the official VC ones w/ trading) it just loops on a spiraling 3DS logo. I already have R/B/Y on my n3DS but I can only use one version of all 3 games since it will render the save as corrupt if I use another SD card on the same NNID. There's no way I'm paying $30 for all 3 games again on my o3DS! Anyways, how do I fix this? I was told you have to hit the repair button on their eShop pages for them to work. Here's the problem, how do I bypass the system update? I can't get HTTPawn to work on 9.2. I does work on 11.0 and I can use it to bypass the 11.1 update but how do I get it to work on 9.2? Does HTTPawn not work for 9.2 and under, anymore? Also, how do I get the G/S/C versions to work? I heard that G/S/C ones are the ROMs injected into the official Pokemon Yellow VC game, in order to allow trading and BC with R/B/Y via time capsule. Since Yellow is a GBC game, it allowed for G/S/C to be injected.
You're on 9.2, thats the problem. Some games require a higher firmware to run. Either cryptofix every game you have by unpacking it, patching it, and repacking and installing it, or the better option, get an emunand or arm9loaderhax sysnand and update it to 11.1.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an o3DS with 9.2 and whenever I launch R/B/Y (the official VC ones w/ trading) it just loops on a spiraling 3DS logo
Did you try software repair? Go to eshop, find the game you have and scroll to bottom and click software repair, it usually fix the issue. If you have emunand, you could maybe use it on there since it updated to use eshop. It should work on sysnand if the ticket for the game is there.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're on 9.2, thats the problem. Some games require a higher firmware to run. Either cryptofix every game you have by unpacking it, patching it, and repacking and installing it, or the better option, get an emunand or arm9loaderhax sysnand and update it to 11.1.
I downloaded the cryptofixed versions but it still led to the endless 3DS logo loop. So I need to update emunand to 11.1, right or else those and the custom made Sega Genesis 3D Classics won't work, right?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There are some mirror links that you can download the zip file from but mostly torrents. Nothing harmful.

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a lot of stuff I want to do that my o3DS can't run yet via Luma:

GBA games (w/o restore points)
Sega Genesis 3D Classics
Pokemon G/S/C games injected into the Yellow VC ROM

The Sega Genesis 3D Classics and Pokemon R/B/Y/ or G/S/C VC ROMs cause the 3DS logo to loop indefinably as I stated above, and the GBA games give me an error message on the bottom screen since I need to patch the agb_firm, which I'm going to download the .cia file right now. I don't know how to patch the AGB_firm, though. How do I do it?

Last edited by 03bgood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...