'Atomic Heart: Annihilation Instinct' DLC gets launch trailer

atomic heart AI.jpg

Developer Mundfish's utopian USSR action RPG, Atomic Heart, got its first story DLC today. Titled Annihilation Instinct, this new expansion extends its plot and introduces a new area, enemies, weapons and ability. To celebrate its launch, a new trailer was aired:

Embark on a new, mind-bending journey with the Atomic Heart: Annihilation Instinct DLC and discover the truth about NORA’s story as Major P-3 is pulled back into Facility 3826. Meet the enigmatic Professor Lebedev to figure out how to suppress the AI’s insanity and curb its Annihilation Instinct.

Continue the story and explore Atomic Heart’s twisted, dystopian world even further as you visit the Mendeleev Complex and its surrounding swamps, a completely new area. Take on unhinged machines, shapeshifting new enemies, and a brand-new boss.

Unlock two new weapons: the Secateur – a ranged weapon with two firing modes – and the Klusha – a melee weapon that can slash and pierce. Finally, get the edge and survive by enhancing your polymeric glove with the new Technostasis ability, allowing you to manipulate time itself!

Atomic Heart: Annihilation Instinct DLC is available now on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC, and included in the game’s Atomic Pass and Gold and Premium Editions.

Be sure to take a look at our official review for the base game which scored 8.3/10 and do keep an eye out for our impressions of the DLC!

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: Atomic Heart Official GBAtemp Review

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Why do you promote such a pro-russian propaganda

Everything from everywhere is propaganda. Choose your favorite.

The messaging of the game was heavily anti-authoritarian/fascism, so I don't an actual concern being addressed. Dystopian sci-fi is a fun genre and this game definitely scratched the itch.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything from everywhere is propaganda. Choose your favorite.

The messaging of the game was heavily anti-authoritarian/fascism, so I don't an actual concern being addressed. Dystopian sci-fi is a fun genre and this game definitely scratched the itch.

This game would do so well if it were rebranded as a futuristic DOOM. "Atomic Heart" just sounds like a romance novel or something.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Started playing this past weekend on a Series X and I quite liked the little bit that I played (intro and first area).
I'll see if I can play a bit more this next weekend.

From what I've read it seems like the DLC's will be post main game and I hope that's the case.

Reactions: tabzer and Marc_LFD

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This game would do so well if it were rebranded as a futuristic DOOM. "Atomic Heart" just sounds like a romance novel or something.

I don’t know similar it is to doom other than the FPS factor. I agree that Atomic Heart is not very creative or striking, but to me it suggests that it’s something sentimental, but artificially powered. Oxymoronic.

Last edited by tabzer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol