Cant get gm9 sav dumps of GBC VC pokemon games to work

Dupue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to dump the sav's of Pokemon Crystal Clear, so I can play on an emulator on my PC. I am dumping via GM9 by going into the SYSNAND VIRTUAL, selecting agbsave.bin, AGBSAVE options, and dumping to gm9/out.

However, when I try to use this save on virtualboy advance, MGBA, or even SAMEBOY. The saves don't work. I get the following error in virtualboy advance "Battery file's size incompatible with the rom settings *file path* (32817). Warning: save of the battery file is now disabled!"

I have also noticed that the Virtual Console save is 128KB while the emulator saves on my pc default to 33KB.

Im kinda fed up with this, been trying to figure it out for the last couple hours. I haven't had this issue with other games in the past. I just confirmed I can do this no problem with GBA games, The Minish Cap VC that I injected works just fine moving saves back and forth from my pc to the 3ds.

Any help appreciated.

**update**
So I found in the forums that JKSM is better to use than GM9 when dealing with GBC VC titles. I can now extract my save with JKSM from the VC and delete the last 16 bytes of the file for the RTC compatibility and it works in VisualboyAdvance. However, after playing it there and saving, and trying to inject it back into the VC. I get errors saying the save is corrupted. I thought if I put the 16 bytes back that i deleted from the RTC stuff, it would work, but it didn't. So now I just need to figure out how to inject the save back into VC JKSM.

Last edited by Dupue,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?