Hacking TroyTheZombie's Animated Channel Wads

B

Bladeforce

Dont want to sound a bit dumb but how do i find out what path the apps need to be in for these forwarders?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the paths are generally described on the same page where u downloaded the forwarders from, but the standard is

SD:/apps/appname/boot.dol
SD:/apps/appname/boot.elf
USB:/apps/appname/boot.dol
USB:/apps/appname/boot.elf

I don't like the above configuration, so my channels generally (not always) use:

SD:/apps/appname/boot.dol
SD:/apps_categorii/appname/boot.dol
USB:/apps/appname/boot.dol
USB:/apps_categorii/appname/boot.dol

where "appname" could be "wiimc" and "apps_categorii" could be "apps_media"

edit: now i see why u were asking... the paths aren't mentioned in the first post... maybe an oversight... if there is a specific app that u are trying to launch and the forwarder isn't working, just let me know what app and I can probably guess the required forwarder path

Keith_Loving

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keith_Loving said:
Actually three of the channel forwarders are not looking for the right file or the right folder.

Please correct the following:

For ScummVM:
It is looking for the boot.dol file in the apps -> scummvm folder
Change this to look for the boot.elf file in the apps -> scummvm folder
boot.elf [not boot.dol] is the default file that is placed in the apps -> scummvm folder when you download this program from the HBB

For Hugo GX:
It is looking for the boot.dol file in the apps -> hugogx folder
Change this to look for the boot.dol file in the apps -> hugo-gx folder
hugo-gx is the default folder [not hugogx] when you download this program from the HBB

For SMS Plus GX:
It is looking for the boot.dol file in the apps -> smsplusgx folder
Change this to look for the boot.dol file in the apps -> smsplus folder
smsplus is the default folder [not smsplusgx] when you download this program from the HBB

If the above three changes are made, then these three channel forwarders will work! Currently these three channel forwarders will not load since it is not being directed to the correct folder or file.

Let me know when you make these changes so I can get the latest revision for these three channel forwarders.

I did try to rename the folders in my PC, and it worked, but I changed the names of the folders back to the original names because when I change the names of the folders, the program will not be listed under the "View Installed Apps" section of the HBB.

Thanks, Keith

Bump, can anyone fix these issues for me? thanks

paulmikeybarker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Love the forwarders and have been using them for a while now
But I recently started using wadmanager 1.7 and it screen dumps on exit
using the forwarder.

Is there a fix for this? (or did I miss it in the thread
mellow.gif
)

BTW keep up the good work if you can

shamuto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Troy
In first, thank you for yours forwaders, =) It's very geat
I would like know if you had planned to make a forwader for N64?

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated a bunch of the forwarders that I made that don't have that wonky icon movement anymore, as well as added splash screens to a few of them. Most of these are the same ones I did awhile ago just repacked to fix the jittery icon, and others are ones I made for myself. I figure some of you might want them. These are all forwarders, look like Troys and are using his original ones. Some of the other ones are using other people's banners. The only thing I did was make a few splash screens, but took other forwarders and made them look like Troys. Thanks to everyone who's work I used.

Homebrew Channel
Priiloader forwarder
Wii64 - added splashscreen
cfgUSB Loader
WiiMC
WiiEarth - added splashscreen
TriiForce
MPlayer CE
Colecovision - added splashscreen
Mame

I have all of these installed on my system and they all work.

pounish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jsugarsmacks said:
Put the channel wads into the wad (or wads) folder on your SD card, load the Homebrew Channel and use wad manager to install the channel wads. I noticed you said you have bootmii as boot2 so as long as you have a NAND backup you should have no worries.

Hi, i really dont know if you guys still checking this page, but i got an issue, i already installed the wads like that and it put the channels on my wii system menu, the thing is that when i launch fro example nintendo, it reboots, and this leaves me to the question, how do i browse my usb hdd to load the emulators for these awsome channels? and then, load the roms, from my usb hdd too?? anyone has help here im really going nuts.. please help.

LNick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible for someone to make a forwarder for uLoader? The official one only supports sd/sdhc cards, and I want to have uLoader on my USB drive. The path is usb:/apps/uloader/boot.dol.

Alternately, how do you guys even make these? I haven't seen a good guide to making a forwarder.

Edit: I figured out how to do it. Short answer: cfg usb loader forwarder channel wad, ShowMiiWads, CustomizeMii, and a hex editor

jsugarsmacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have been trying to mod some of Troy's old channels and have run into a problem. The channels I am trying to mod are here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=148434

I am trying to make the forwarders and also add some music to them. I can do this and it works for a while but then I get a random brick. I am using CustomizeMii and like I said it works for a little while just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions? How can a channel install and work great but then brick the wii?

denied30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anybody has been keeping up with this but I will give it a shot. If anybody is still making these channels can you please add some suggestions that I have below:

The Master System channel looks in the wrong folder for the boot.dol
The Genasis and Master System channel don't have splash pages when it is loading
Can anybody please make a MAME channel in this format, maybe with a pac-man running across the screen or something

Thanks.
yaywii.gif

rpgaddict

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed an error with Troy's VBA forwarder. The forwarder correctly starts VBAgx, but the wii-mote will lose sync and will not, under any circumstances reconnect. GC controllers will work just fine. I have tested both VBA forwarders on multiple wiis with no luck on any. Other forwarders work just fine, but they don't look as good as Troy's forwarders. Has anyone else experienced this and if so have you done anything to resolve it?
I could make due with a different forwarder, but I just love the simple consistency of Troy's forwarders.
wii - 4.2U
cios rev 17
VBAgx 2.2.0

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
denied30 said:
Can anybody please make a MAME channel in this format, maybe with a pac-man running across the screen or something

Pretty bored tonight so I decided to make a Mame forwarder. Same icon as troys but with vettacossx's PacMan banner. Put in a splash screen and tested it on my Wii. It launches to sd and usb/apps/sdlmamewii but no matter what I do I'm getting a code dump on exit. So, it will launch the emulator fine but it gives me an error on exit.

SDL Mame forwarder

denied30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
helaciouscrumb said:
denied30 said:

Pretty bored tonight so I decided to make a Mame forwarder. Same icon as troys but with vettacossx's PacMan banner. Put in a splash screen and tested it on my Wii. It launches to sd and usb/apps/sdlmamewii but no matter what I do I'm getting a code dump on exit. So, it will launch the emulator fine but it gives me an error on exit.

SDL Mame forwarder

Awesome... Thanks

Still hoping somebody fixes the others then I'm golden!!!
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.