Hacking TroyTheZombie's Animated Channel Wads

Keith_Loving

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually three of the channel forwarders are not looking for the right file or the right folder.

Please correct the following:

For ScummVM:
It is looking for the boot.dol file in the apps -> scummvm folder
Change this to look for the boot.elf file in the apps -> scummvm folder
boot.elf [not boot.dol] is the default file that is placed in the apps -> scummvm folder when you download this program from the HBB

For Hugo GX:
It is looking for the boot.dol file in the apps -> hugogx folder
Change this to look for the boot.dol file in the apps -> hugo-gx folder
hugo-gx is the default folder [not hugogx] when you download this program from the HBB

For SMS Plus GX:
It is looking for the boot.dol file in the apps -> smsplusgx folder
Change this to look for the boot.dol file in the apps -> smsplus folder
smsplus is the default folder [not smsplusgx] when you download this program from the HBB

If the above three changes are made, then these three channel forwarders will work! Currently these three channel forwarders will not load since it is not being directed to the correct folder or file.

Let me know when you make these changes so I can get the latest revision for these three channel forwarders.

I did try to rename the folders in my PC, and it worked, but I changed the names of the folders back to the original names because when I change the names of the folders, the program will not be listed under the "View Installed Apps" section of the HBB.

Thanks, Keith

samo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a new channel last night

I was reading back through this thread earlier and I don't think Troy would mind if I release these. So I will create a splash screen tonight, test everything and get them uploaded.

samo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright here we go. http://www.mediafire.com/xxsamo

Nintendo 64
ID = ZN64
Path
SD:/apps/wii64/boot.dol
SD:/apps/wii64/boot.elf
USB:/apps/wii64/boot.dol
USB:/apps/wii64/boot.elf

Atari 2600 - Stella
ID = ZA26
Path
SD:/apps/Stella/boot.dol
SD:/apps/Stella/boot.elf
USB:/apps/Stella/boot.dol
USB:/apps/Stella/boot.elf

Atari 2600 - wii2600
ID = ZA26
Path
SD:/apps/wii2600/boot.dol
SD:/apps/wii2600/boot.elf
USB:/apps/wii2600/boot.dol
USB:/apps/wii2600/boot.elf

Atari 5200 - Wiixl
ID = ZA52
Path
SD:/apps/wiixl/boot.dol
SD:/apps/wiixl/boot.elf
USB:/apps/wiixl/boot.dol
USB:/apps/wiixl/boot.elf

Atari 7800 - Wii7800
ID = ZA78
Path
SD:/apps/Wii7800/boot.dol
SD:/apps/Wii7800/boot.elf
USB:/apps/Wii7800/boot.dol
USB:/apps/Wii7800/boot.elf

Atari Lynx - WiiHandySDL
ID = ZALX
Path
SD:/apps/WiiHandySDL/boot.dol
SD:/apps/WiiHandySDL/boot.elf
USB:/apps/WiiHandySDL/boot.dol
USB:/apps/WiiHandySDL/boot.elf

Ultima2876. The genesis wad is for you. It is updated with the same forwarder as the ones that I made. So it will look through the usb and sd.

Let me know what you guys think!!!
yaywii.gif

Keith_Loving

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samo said:
Alright here we go. http://www.mediafire.com/xxsamo

Nintendo 64
ID = ZN64
Path
SD:/apps/wii64/boot.dol
SD:/apps/wii64/boot.elf
USB:/apps/wii64/boot.dol
USB:/apps/wii64/boot.elf

Atari 2600 - Stella
ID = ZA26
Path
SD:/apps/Stella/boot.dol
SD:/apps/Stella/boot.elf
USB:/apps/Stella/boot.dol
USB:/apps/Stella/boot.elf

Atari 2600 - wii2600
ID = ZA26
Path
SD:/apps/wii2600/boot.dol
SD:/apps/wii2600/boot.elf
USB:/apps/wii2600/boot.dol
USB:/apps/wii2600/boot.elf

Atari 5200 - Wiixl
ID = ZA52
Path
SD:/apps/wiixl/boot.dol
SD:/apps/wiixl/boot.elf
USB:/apps/wiixl/boot.dol
USB:/apps/wiixl/boot.elf

Atari 7800 - Wii7800
ID = ZA78
Path
SD:/apps/Wii7800/boot.dol
SD:/apps/Wii7800/boot.elf
USB:/apps/Wii7800/boot.dol
USB:/apps/Wii7800/boot.elf

Atari Lynx - WiiHandySDL
ID = ZALX
Path
SD:/apps/WiiHandySDL/boot.dol
SD:/apps/WiiHandySDL/boot.elf
USB:/apps/WiiHandySDL/boot.dol
USB:/apps/WiiHandySDL/boot.elf

Ultima2876. The genesis wad is for you. It is updated with the same forwarder as the ones that I made. So it will look through the usb and sd.

Let me know what you guys think!!!
yaywii.gif

This is gonna be sweet, I'll give these a try later tonight.

Any chance you can make your Lynx version look more like the other Atari channels?

Have ATARI (horizontally) and then at the end have Lynx (vertically) which would be the same way 2600, 5200, and 7800 are shown on their channels. What do you think of this change?

Nice work by the way. Any chance you can do NEO GEO POCKET Channel?

Keith_Loving

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never used ScummVM

Can anyone give me a list of the 12 games used with the screen shots in the channel forwarder? I assume these are the best games to be played on ScummVM and would like to get those game to give this emulator a try.

Also, if you can provide links to the roms on here, that would be great..if not, just tell me what to seach for and I am sure I will be able to find it. What does the file extension look like for these roms?

Also, which one is better for Atari 2600 emulation? Is it Stella or is it Wii2600? Thanks all.

Keith

samo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keith_Loving said:

Any chance you can make your Lynx version look more like the other Atari channels?

Have ATARI (horizontally) and then at the end have Lynx (vertically) which would be the same way 2600, 5200, and 7800 are shown on their channels. What do you think of this change?

How do they look to you?

Btw I plan on making one for these:
MSX
Amiga
C64
DOS
NEC PC9801
Amstrad CPC
Spectrum ZX
Colecovision
NeoGeoPocket

samo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keith_Loving said:
I never used ScummVM

Can anyone give me a list of the 12 games used with the screen shots in the channel forwarder? I assume these are the best games to be played on ScummVM and would like to get those game to give this emulator a try.

Also, if you can provide links to the roms on here, that would be great..if not, just tell me what to seach for and I am sure I will be able to find it. What does the file extension look like for these roms?

Also, which one is better for Atari 2600 emulation? Is it Stella or is it Wii2600? Thanks all.

Keith

Maniac Mansion
Secret of Monkey Island
?Sam & Max?
Full Throttle
Loom
Broken Sword
Simon The Sorcerer
Zak Mackraken
Dig
Indiana Jones
Day Of The Tentacle
Secret of Monkey Island

As far as linking them I think Beneath a Steel Sky is in the public domain. But the rest would be against the rules.
To see what files you need go to http://www.scummvm.org/documentation/ and click on game data files.

Im not sure which 2600 emulator is the best though. If you test it let me know.

Keith_Loving

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samo said:
Keith_Loving said:

How do they look to you?

Btw I plan on making one for these:
MSX
Amiga
C64
DOS
NEC PC9801
Amstrad CPC
Spectrum ZX
Colecovision
NeoGeoPocket

Awesome, I like the bottom version of the Atari Lynx better personally. I think it will show up better on tv and will look better.

The only other emulator I use is NeoGeoPocket, so that would be great if i had a channel for that. The other eight you listed I don't use and don't plan on using them, I never played old PC games or whatever they are. I also don't play new PC games, lol.

I grew up a nintendo fan boy. only recently I converted away from nintendo and bought my 1st non-nintendo console (PS3). I pretty much sold all my old consoles. I game my atari system to my older brother and I sold all my nintendo systems. The only two systems I have now are my wii and PS3. Bught my wii is totally software hacked. My PS3 is to precious to hack, I'll never hack my PS3. I'll leave my hacking skills to my wii.

Nice work with the channels, I can't wait to get the updated Lynx channel. I am still hoping a nice update will come out for the atari emulators on wii, they seem very dated to me in how the menus navigate.

Keith_Loving

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, something else.

Not sure what you think of this idea, but would it be kool to display a pic of the actual console, game pad, and light gun instead the the screen shot for the 12 games? Don't get me wrong, the screen shots are a great idea, I just like to see and remember what my console and controllers looked like. What is your thought? I have some great jpegs of consoles that could be used for this.

samo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keith_Loving said:
Oh, something else.

Not sure what you think of this idea, but would it be kool to display a pic of the actual console, game pad, and light gun instead the the screen shot for the 12 games? Don't get me wrong, the screen shots are a great idea, I just like to see and remember what my console and controllers looked like. What is your thought? I have some great jpegs of consoles that could be used for this.

It would be cool. But I wanted to match troy's channels. You may want to check out wilsof's channels (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=208861&hl=). Nice looking channels and the NES, SNES, 2600 and c64 all have console pics.

Keith_Loving

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is some of the pics i was talking about. It would be kool to open up a channel and see these pics floating around on screen. Perhaps pics of the console at different angels and a pic of arcade sticks as well for each console. We could even include R.O.B. the robot for NES and the power glove. It would be a collection of all accessories for each console. It would not be a channel comemmorating the games, rather it would showcase the accessories.

Here are some pics I have.

Atari_logo.jpg

Gamecube20LOGO.jpg

Gamecube.jpg

N64Console.jpg

N64Controller.jpg

N64Logo.jpg

NEOGEO.jpg

NESConsole.jpg

NESController.jpg

NESLogo.jpg

NESZapper.jpg

SNESConsole.jpg

SNESController.jpg

SNES.jpg

SuperScope.jpg

atari2600.jpg

atari5200.jpg

atari7800.jpg

segapic.gif

videogamesdepo_1961_752536.gif

Notice how all of my pics show only the object with a white back ground, this would make the channel focus on the accessory. The background would not be busy nor distracting which would take away from the pic of the accessory.

WHat do you all think of a channel like this to showcase the console and the console's accessories rather than focusing on select games when there are literally hundreds of games to choose from. Maybe someone will make these for me, I can try to help find pics to use.

Let me know. Thanks, Keith

samo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should try it out keith. Go to www.gimp.org and download gimp. It is a free photoshop alternative. And get a copy of customizemii at wiibrew.org/wiki/CustomizeMii.

Then take a base wad such as one of Troy's or Wilsofs channels and extract the images to a folder open them up in gimp and edit them. If you need any help I'm sure you can find some around here!

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

edit: Make sure you have bootmii installed especially if you start editing the brlan and brlyt.

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is absolutely awesome.. Truly

Can I ask whether there is a chance to get the latest Wiiflow v39 or above?

Keith_Loving

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samo said:
You should try it out keith. Go to www.gimp.org and download gimp. It is a free photoshop alternative. And get a copy of customizemii at wiibrew.org/wiki/CustomizeMii.

Then take a base wad such as one of Troy's or Wilsofs channels and extract the images to a folder open them up in gimp and edit them. If you need any help I'm sure you can find some around here!

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

edit: Make sure you have bootmii installed especially if you start editing the brlan and brlyt.

Thanks, but I am not skilled enough to make a channel. lol I'll leave it to the pros like you and Troy. I do like your channels and I am using them :-)

BTW...I think I am going to delete ScummVM, I don't know much about it. I usually only stick with things that I know or am already familiar with....so bye bye ScummVM. I am going to stick my Nintendo, Sega, Atari, HuGo and NEO GEO emulators for now anyways.

samo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keith_Loving said:
Thanks, but I am not skilled enough to make a channel. lol I'll leave it to the pros like you and Troy. I do like your channels and I am using them :-)

BTW...I think I am going to delete ScummVM, I don't know much about it. I usually only stick with things that I know or am already familiar with....so bye bye ScummVM. I am going to stick my Nintendo, Sega, Atari, HuGo and NEO GEO emulators for now anyways.

yay.gif
Ha thats flattering, but Troy is the man, I just hacked up his channels to make the ones that I posted. I don't know that much about all of this either I just figured it out as I went along. You should give it a try people here are pretty good about helping.

If I am not busy tonight I am going to update that Atari Lynx channel. But I dont know what I am getting into.

Also ScummVM has some great games! I wouldn't give up that quick. I would look at the 'usual places' for scummvm for the pc. Then transfer the games to the wii.

B

Bladeforce

Request a dosbox channel please! This would be great as you could edit the channel icon to whatever game you want to play too just by editing the dosbox config file so in theory we could have monkey island channels pointing to the real game
biggrin.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Nikolay said:
Can't seem to download anything with the mediafire site redesign, can you reupload?

mediafires look has been like that for months now

@Troy

your links are gone, if you didnt signup when you uploaded your channels theyll get deleted after so long, unless you took them down

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1