Hacking TriiForce beta testing

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
@ salamani ... I'm not sure why you are getting this problem.

@ Vattu ... if you're using a bootmii nand.bin you can do this:

I've been using bootmii nand.bin dumps for a long time, I never knew there was a tool made for it.

I've been doing this
http://forums.dolphin-emu.com/thread-162.html
In this guide you want to...

1 - Download the apps
THEN (my quick edit to make instructions small)
1 - dump nand with bootmii, you will get "nand.bin"
2 - run nand-aes-dump.exe and it should extract your AES key from your nand.bin into a file called nand-key.bin
3 - proceed by opening the cmd.lnk and a command prompt should pop up
4 - in command prompt type --> "NAND-bin2raw.exe nand.bin nand_dec.bin" (without quotes) and press enter
it should start the decrypting process and you should now have 2 bin files: and encrypted and decrypted nand dump.
5 - now comes to final part : extracting all data from bin!
now type in that command prompt "zestig.exe nand-key.bin nand_dec.bin nand" (without quotes) and press enter.
it should have decrypted everything and placed it into a new folder called nand.

OR you can just use Nicksasas Simple FS Dumper to get the extracted unencrypted contents of your NAND. OR theres are some other tools, but I myself have not got around to using them so I won't comment on them just yet.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I never read the full guide just skimmed over it, I did notice something....

3.5-ExtractedFolders.jpg

It is NOT only they 2 folders that are important.
You need the shared folder and sys folder too, so don't go deleting things unless you KNOW what your doing.

If you were to only keep these 2 folders some things would happen....

- No miis in games that use them ... sys folder
- Less compatability for games that are already installed to the nand ... shared folder
there are other things, but to keep it short, keep ALL the folders unless you KNOW what your doing.

*EDIT* I've never used "wad2nand" before, but from reading briefly I "think" it only creates these 2 folders, if that is the case and it doesn't add the shared contents games will fail that require them. Waninkokos wadmanager 1.5 iirc does creat these needed files so imho it's best to use that app.

r3dux

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I wrote the NAND guide linked by Vattu above - didn't know the other folders were really needed as wad2nand just creates the ticket and title folders.

In my defence though I do say to keep the lot
biggrin.gif

Will look into it a bit & update when I've got some spare time.

Cheers for the info!

r3dux

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Slimmmmmm said:
I never read the full guide just skimmed over it, I did notice something....

3.5-ExtractedFolders.jpg

It is NOT only they 2 folders that are important.
You need the shared folder and sys folder too, so don't go deleting things unless you KNOW what your doing.

If you were to only keep these 2 folders some things would happen....

- No miis in games that use them ... sys folder
- Less compatability for games that are already installed to the nand ... shared folder
there are other things, but to keep it short, keep ALL the folders unless you KNOW what your doing.

*EDIT* I've never used "wad2nand" before, but from reading briefly I "think" it only creates these 2 folders, if that is the case and it doesn't add the shared contents games will fail that require them. Waninkokos wadmanager 1.5 iirc does creat these needed files so imho it's best to use that app.
The best way to install new wads is to use ShowMiiWads 1.2.

Anyway, all the folders are essential.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Gonna try this today, hope I got it right...

1. Prepare SD or HD
2. Use Simple File Sytem Dumper
3. Install wads using showmiiwads
4. Run Triiforce

correct?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
All folders are not essential, but unless you know what your doing you will reduce compatibility and cause problems, so in the open threads we're best to advise you keep everything.

Showmiiwads is a great tool, I agree 110% laurozza, when I posted and said use wad manager 1.5 showmiiwads had a bug, but that's fixed now
biggrin.gif

I've asked for a couple of things to be added to showmiiwads which will make the whole triiforce experience better imo, like importing of saves from savegame manager folders, and a few other ideas.

wad2nand is proving to be a pain in the ass because a lot of people blame triiforce for some things not working when in fact it's sometimes wad2nand fault, people seem to like that app with a .bat to do whole folders full of wads but then they are soon saying games don't work that do for others.

A lot of people have reported games not working, but that was down to the bugs in they 2 mentioned apps, as of now only wad manager 1.5 and the fixed version (1.2) of showmiiwads work as they should.
However wad manager 1.5 has a bug where you can only install 1 wad at a time and you need to restart the app to install another, showmiiwads can install without any noticable problems at all, so imo it's highly advised to use that app now.

Also some people have reported games not working that do and when I've tested I've found that they are using patched wads, when using "propers" these same games work flawless.

I really wish people had learned this before starting wiki lists with false info and claiming some games don't work when in fact most do.

If you do another guide r3dux don't hesitate to send me a pm if you need any info, I was kinda tihnking about doing a guide myself but I'm lazy, erm busy yeah that sounds better
tongue.gif

*EDIT* - Looks like we have a guide
wink.gif

G0dLiKe said:
Gonna try this today, hope I got it right...

1. Prepare SD or HD
2. Use Simple File Sytem Dumper
3. Install wads using showmiiwads
4. Run Triiforce

correct?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
This is really a nice app.

I dumped my Nand with SFS dumper but there was no TMP folder... is this a problem?

And off topic: I transfer my data via Ftpi and noticed after dumping that in filezilla when connected to the Wii there is the following folder structure:

/
isfs
sd

when I open isfs there are the same folders i am having on the root of sd card(the ones I dumped) and there is a TMP folder... are they the ones I am supposed to use?

Any info?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing to worry about, the tmp folder *should* get emptied after use so it should be empty anyway, if your temp folder has contents sometimes it can cause problems.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Still not having any luck with this. For purposes of testing, I tried choosing real-NAND, and still getting the out of memory error. Using my USB or SD emulated NAND gives me completely random returns. Once I managed to get Megaman 9 loaded and working fine, next time I tried it froze on a green screen, after rebooting I got out of memory error...
I've tried installing WADs to emulated NAND using Wad Manager 1.5 and always get a -1 error. Tried wad2nand and ShowMiiWads, and still no better.

Destined to never use emulated NAND I think.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I posted this in the triiforce mod thread but thought I'd post here too.

Slimmmmmm said:
samethernet said:
i got triiforce running fine,

it loads all vc games, but when it comes to wiiware only 1 in 5 works all the others come up with the black screen stating an error has occured,
i tried them from both sd and hdd

the full error message says

an error has occurred.
Press the Eject Button, remove the
game disc, and turn off the power to the
console. PLease read the wii operations
manual for further instructions

compatability is waaaaaay higher than that, but your "generic error message" could mean a lot of different things so I can't give you a definitive answer. My advise to fix that (which works 90% of the time) would be to do these thing...

Make sure you have cIOS Rev14/15 installed, redump a clean NAND structure (read below about my clean_nand.bin) and re-install the wads again. Don't skip a step or you might miss something. This error can be quite a few different things including missing content from a shared folder or corrupt files etc.

There are a lot of know bugs that affect triiforce that are not triiforces fault. Here are the most popular ones that cause problems....

You never used Showmiiwads OR wadmanager 1.5 to install the wads, other tools don't work correctly. You never installed a PROPER wad, your wad was patched in some way. Your nand dump is a mess.

Now I REALLY want people to read this next bit.... I have 3 Wiis so have done a lot of testing of various things including triiforce that I got 2 seconds after it was first released. I've had a LOT of problems with it myself in the early days BUT now I get almost NO errors on one of my Wiis with any game.

This Wii has had this done to it (in short). It was COMPLETELY cleaned (virgin + format), updated to 4.2 and then a nand dump done using bootmii (not Simple FS, or FS dumper or any other tool). So understand it had NOTHING on it when the nand.bin was made (no preloader, cIOS etc). I call that file ...clean_nand.bin. I unencrypted that nand dump to use on triiforce, it is around 170mb in size, remember that as I explain a little more.

I then went ! mEnTaL ! with that Wii installing all sorts of things (cIOS Rev14, Hermes, etc), many other things are test builds of things so really fooked that Wii up, w000000t. This is NOT important.

Now for using triiforce this Wii ALWAYS sticks to a couple of simple rules. 1- I only install "PROPER" .wads, yeah I install injects etc too, but if it's an official game then I make sure it's a "PROPER" and not patched in anyway at all, also I use my own region (or don't complain). 2- I ONLY (very important) use good wad installers to install, so not wad2nand but showmiiwads or wadmanager 1.5. 3- I don't "experiment" with clean_nand.bin

Following these simple rules I find it hard to find a game that doesn't work. So when someone posts in this thread or the official triiforce thread I myself, and I'm sure WiiPower don't know what their problems are cause from sometimes, as many have dirty nand dumps, bad (patched) wads, used a "bad wad installer" and other things to consider.

If you have lets say 80% games running without bugs, then imho you've done most things right. If you get lower compatability then you have some problem that imo is not related directly to triiforce.

Hope that clears some things up a bit.

Now on a positive note
biggrin.gif

One of my copies of clean_nand.bin I experiment with might soon reboot to the REAL sys menu from the "HOME BUTTON" menu on Wiiware&VC games
smile.gif
It might even be possible for it to reboot to triiforce, but that's not my main concern. btw thanks giantpune for some ideas
wink.gif

hany

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe there is a problem with the pre-compiled boot.dol files on the google code page. Games that worked on r66 and earlier gave the "out of memory" error on r67 and r72, but when I compiled the source for r72 myself it worked without the errors.

Sinyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any word on what it would take for Triiforce to work off of an SDHC card? I assume it has more to do with the cIOS than the app itself, but is it ever going to be possible?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hany said:
I believe there is a problem with the pre-compiled boot.dol files on the google code page. Games that worked on r66 and earlier gave the "out of memory" error on r67 and r72, but when I compiled the source for r72 myself it worked without the errors.

Great thanks. I compiled with the old libogc, because the new one has issues when loading the cIOS. I know the new libogc has improvements in the memory management(allows using of mem2...), and this confirms that it's required. I will try to figure out how to fix the load IOS249 code dump with the new libogc.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Thought I'd post this

http://sites.google.com/site/parannoyedwii...-nand-extractor

Extract nand.bin to folders etc on your pc. I've not tested this myself so not sure if it works 100% just thought I'd share.

*EDIT*

Sinyk said:
Is there any word on what it would take for Triiforce to work off of an SDHC card? I assume it has more to do with the cIOS than the app itself, but is it ever going to be possible?

I've heard a few people say that marc triiforce mod works with SDHC, but I don't have one myself so don't know for sure.

Sinyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From all of my tests, marc's doesn't work with SDHC cards. It will load but constantly fails to find the title list.

vigilantez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello everyone i been trying to get triiforce to work i have searched a few sites and all but nothing that can really help me

i get the following errors when trying to run games
Exception (DSI) Occurred! ...
Stack Dump ...

been trying to figure it out on my own but just cant find a solution

and if i dont get the Exception error the system locks up with a Black Screen

i have ios 249 v14
system menu 4.0u

tried in both sd and usb hdd with difrent dumps simple and full but still same problem

so i was wondering if any1 if possible knows whats going on so i could get it running or if it's not even triiforce related issue

thank you for your time

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: Discord need to die