G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
So, I´ve tried this program and its pretty good. I really would love to use my USB HD but for some reason Triiforce cant find the title list.

As I use FTPii but cannot connect to my USB HD with it, I transferred the virtual Nand via WiiExplorer from SD to USB HD but its still not working...

My HD is 500GB, its partitioned in WBFS/ FAT32

What am I doing wrong? The emulation runs well off SD card but on my HD I would have a lot more space for games.

Any hints?

Tsunii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok heres my problem:

i used simplefsdumper to get the nand dump
then used showmiiwads to get all my wiiware games in the nand dump (located on a ext hdd)

but when i try to start a game i see the following lines:

Found LZ77 0x11 compressed content --> 000000C.APP
This ist most likely the main DoL, decrompressing for checking read file
LZ77 variant 0x11 compressed content...unpacking may take a while...
Decompressed size: 2605152
Found DOL --> 0000000C.APP
Loading FOL: /title/00010001/57423650/content/0000000C.APP
Out of memory
Decompression failed
.dol loading failed
Press any button

seems like it tries to decompress the file over and over again but runs out of memory

anyone knows a way how to solve this? any help apreciated
yaynds.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Tsunii said:
ok heres my problem:

then used showmiiwads to get all my wiiware games in the nand dump (located on a ext hdd)

Out of memory
Decompression failed
.dol loading failed
Press any button

seems like it tries to decompress the file over and over again but runs out of memory

yaynds.gif

Try powering down the wii, then put the wii back on, go straight to triiforce and try that game again, let use know if that worked.

Also check yout tmp folder in your emulated nand is empty

Tsunii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
still the same error
frown.gif

also noticed that some other games give a "out of memory for buffer" error instead

some more info:
triiforce r72
cios rev14
wii 4.1e

MyGen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tsunii said:
ok heres my problem:

Out of memory
Decompression failed
.dol loading failed
Press any button

yaynds.gif

Identical error here, same thing happens with triiforce_mrc.
PAL 4.2e
cIOS rev14
WADs installed to decrypted Bootmii NAND dump using ShowMiiWads.

Tsunii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hm seems like i'm not the only one whoe has this problem

infos (old+new):

wii 4.1e
cios rev14 + Hermes v4

used simplefsdump for the nandbackup then i made a 3rd partition on the ext hdd and set it to active
then used showmiiwads to install wiiware games
all games are listed but only 1-2 are working others give the 2 listed errors above
either "out of memory" or "out of memory for buffer"

tried to install some games via wad manager
-> most result in a black screen and freeze the wii others work after 2-4 tries

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As I described in another thread.
Showmiiwads will destroy/affect the nand dump.

Use Wad Manager 1.5 instead.
Make a new dump, (optional: back up this nand), put the dump on a usb device and install wad files with wad Manager 1.5.
This should work with most games.
Some special wad files (like the dlc of FFCC) won't work to install (error -1024).
But this is the safest/best way for adding new games to a nand dump.

The 2 alternatives for wad installation, wad2nand and Showmiiwads, have some bugs and errors.

wad2nand will create just 2 folders (ticket and title folder with content, data files and a tik file).
But a wad installation also creates new files in the shared1 folder and will add a reference in the uid.sys.
So a copy of the ticket/title folder from wad2nand is not enough for a correct installation. (just for some games)

Showmiiwads can extract the whole wad (with all files), but if you want to insert these files to the nand dump by using showmiiwads, the app will destroy your nand. The most games will show up a black screen with an error message "out of memory".
You have to make a new nand dump, because showmiiwads doesn't change/add some files correctly.

MyGen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
papermanzero said:
As I described in another thread.
Showmiiwads will destroy/affect the nand dump.

Use Wad Manager 1.5 instead.
Make a new dump, (optional: back up this nand), put the dump on a usb device and install wad files with wad Manager 1.5.
This should work with most games.
Some special wad files (like the dlc of FFCC) won't work to install (error -1024).
But this is the safest/best way for adding new games to a nand dump.

The 2 alternatives for wad installation, wad2nand and Showmiiwads, have some bugs and errors.

wad2nand will create just 2 folders (ticket and title folder with content, data files and a tik file).
But a wad installation also creates new files in the shared1 folder and will add a reference in the uid.sys.
So a copy of the ticket/title folder from wad2nand is not enough for a correct installation. (just for some games)

Showmiiwads can extract the whole wad (with all files), but if you want to insert these files to the nand dump by using showmiiwads, the app will destroy your nand. The most games will show up a black screen with an error message "out of memory".
You have to make a new nand dump, because showmiiwads doesn't change/add some files correctly.

Is there a prerequisite to installing WADs using WAD Manager 1.5? Every time I've tried installing a WW/VC WAD with it to USB NAND, I get an instant -1 error.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Never had any problem when using ShowMiiWads, all WiiWare and VC games are working just perfect, I´ve installed JPN, US and PAL ones.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MyGen said:
Is there a prerequisite to installing WADs using WAD Manager 1.5? Every time I've tried installing a WW/VC WAD with it to USB NAND, I get an instant -1 error.

Yes, of course.
You need cIOS 14
wink.gif

If you are using a usb drive with more than 1 partition, activate your partition with the nand dump.

But here is a thread with an equal discussion:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174816

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

MyGen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Please test r73 for code dumps on startup and the Out of memory errors. Both should be fixed now.
http://code.google.com/p/triiforce/source/.../#svn/trunk/HBC

Anyone interested in the used libogc, here's a download compiled for Windows:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ftuzt0k2try

The change is that i replaced the __IOS_LaunchNewIOS function with the one from libogc 1.7.1 while using the latest svn version of libogc(r3813) and libfat(r3813).

Thankyou so much for this. This is the first version of Triiforce that has actually worked for me. Having a couple of games hang on a green screen (Homestar Runner 1-5), but I think they are likely bad dumps rather than a Triiforce problem.

Thankyou again
biggrin.gif

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great release
yay.gif

Every Game is working.

But same problem as described above.
If I want to install dlc content with showmiiwads the usual error appear "memory error".

Despite that normal games (installed with wad manager 1.5) are booting and working correctly. ^^

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Please test r73 for code dumps on startup and the Out of memory errors. Both should be fixed now.
http://code.google.com/p/triiforce/source/.../#svn/trunk/HBC

Anyone interested in the used libogc, here's a download compiled for Windows:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ftuzt0k2try

The change is that i replaced the __IOS_LaunchNewIOS function with the one from libogc 1.7.1 while using the latest svn version of libogc(r3813) and libfat(r3813).

Question: where is the downloadlink for r73?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You are quoting it...

papermanzero said:
Great release
yay.gif

Every Game is working.

But same problem as described above.
If I want to install dlc content with showmiiwads the usual error appear "memory error".

Despite that normal games (installed with wad manager 1.5) are booting and working correctly. ^^

Any details? I don't want to digg to get this to know.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
Any details? I don't want to digg to get this to know.

Sure. Got the issue.
Thx @ hany

QUOTE(hany @ Nov 22 2009, 07:02 PM) Wad2nand don't extract DLC, update uid.sys or add shared content. Use ShowMiiWads 1.2! (it won't destroy your NAND dump)

DLC have its own ID in uid.sys, for MLaaK DLC PAL it's wFCP and the game has WFCP.

So far I haven't found any DLC that adds content in the shared1 folder. MLaak and Darklord don't.

The tmd file is in the content folder of the game along with all the app files. The trailer is just garbage?! (usually a copy of the 00000000.app file) and the cert is some nintendo certificate file and is the same for all games and in the sys/cert.sys on NAND.

The "error accessing wii memory" screen when trying to run Darklord after installing the DLC is because there are to many content files in the DLC (about 40 files) which I'm guessing is a cIOS issue, try and delete files from the DLC directory on emu NAND (not 00000000.app and title.tmd) so you have less than ~20 files and the game will run. But the DLC won't show upp!

Finally, the reason the DLC from Darklord and most (not all) DLC from MLaaK won't show up is because the DLC app files, which are U8 compressed archives, have empty recursive folders in them. For some reason they don't get extracted properly if they do. A fix for this is to extract the app files, add a garbage-file in the empty folder and repack it. This can be done with Wii.cs Tools. While this works with MLaaK, Darklord is still limited to ~20 app files. And if you edit the contents of the extracted Darklord app files to have all content in one or fewer files, the game gets unstable and crashes almost randomly.

Every time i installed the dlc of darklord the memory error appeared.
So I thought my nand crashed.
But I haven't thought that the reason is the file capacity.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper