Hacking TriiForce beta testing

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ah ok, it's only some name display error. You say one of the changes from r65 to r67 broke it? Seems to be only some little string problem, i will take a look at it.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Ah ok, it's only some name display error. You say one of the changes from r65 to r67 broke it? Seems to be only some little string problem, i will take a look at it.

Yeah, because I know it doesn't do that at all on R65.

Although what wichoxp suggested seems to be quite possible.

QUOTEMaybe is a character issue: the application is not recognizing special characters like é (tilde above vowels -poké-) or ° (degree -1080°-) symbols. They come in UTF-8/ISO-8859-1 charsets.

See ya!

Because the name errors do only seem to be coming from names that have special characters.

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower, I tested the r71 and my games won't boot at all. I switched back to r65 and everything seems to work fine again.

When I launch a game I get:

Out of memory for buffer
Reading .dol failed
.dol loading failed
Press any button

I tried with cIOSrev14 and rev15.

There is also a bug where the UID.sys gets corrupted for some reason when launching a game. It seems pretty random and I can't tell you exactly when the problem happens. This has nothing to do with the problem above, but I always have to keep a backup of this file just in case. When the UID.sys is corrupted, we can't really play a game because of a black screen.

[Edit] I also noticed that sometimes when you install a game with wad2nand and there's is data in the tmp folder, the UID.sys will be corrupted when the title ID is not on that file.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try r72, it should display something better now.

Kovani said:
WiiPower, I tested the r71 and my games won't boot at all. I switched back to r65 and everything seems to work fine again.

Out of memory for buffer
Reading .dol failed
.dol loading failed
Press any button

There is also a bug where the UID.sys gets corrupted for some reason when launching a game. It seems pretty random and I can't tell you exactly when the problem happens. This has nothing to do with the problem above, but I always have to keep a backup of this file just in case. When the UIS.sys is corrupted, we can't really play a game because of a black screen.

How many games do you have on the device you test? About the sys file, tell me more when you know more.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Not having much luck with Triiforce at the moment, I suspect I need to install a certain IOS, but for every WiiWare title I try to play, I get "ES_Identify...Error! ES_Identify (ret = -101) Identify failed".
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

(NAND is on USB, Triiforce launched off SD from HBC)

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
salamai said:
Not having much luck with Triiforce at the moment, I suspect I need to install a certain IOS, but for every WiiWare title I try to play, I get "ES_Identify...Error! ES_Identify (ret = -101) Identify failed".
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

(NAND is on USB, Triiforce launched off SD from HBC)

You use usb emulated nand and it can't identify??? What error code do you get?

Hyro-Sama

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
You use usb emulated nand and it can't identify??? What error code do you get?

I was using Beta 7, and getting "ret -101 Identify failed". Just switched to r72 and now getting:
CODEOut of memory for buffer
Reading .dol failed
.dol loading failed
Press any button

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:

Kovani said:

Out of memory for buffer
Reading .dol failed
.dol loading failed
Press any button

There is also a bug where the UID.sys gets corrupted for some reason when launching a game. It seems pretty random and I can't tell you exactly when the problem happens. This has nothing to do with the problem above, but I always have to keep a backup of this file just in case. When the UIS.sys is corrupted, we can't really play a game because of a black screen.

How many games do you have on the device you test? About the sys file, tell me more when you know more.

I edited my post with more information.

"I also noticed that sometimes when you install a game with wad2nand and there's is data in the tmp folder, the UID.sys will be corrupted when the title ID is not on that file." It seems that TriiForce fails to write the title ID properly when the game is not present on the UID.sys when you launch it for the first time. I don't know if it is a cIOS problem.

I also use USB nand with like 10-15 games max.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Kovani said:
I edited my post with more information.

"I also noticed that sometimes when you install a game with wad2nand and there's is data in the tmp folder, the UID.sys will be corrupted when the title ID is not on that file." It seems that TriiForce fails to write the title ID properly when the game is not present on the UID.sys when you launch it for the first time. I don't know if it is a cIOS problem.

I also use USB nand with like 10-15 games max.

You need to replace the UID.sys on usb and also it's the tmp folder you are speaking of? That issue totally makes sense. The games can expect tmp to be empty as it gets cleared on every IOS Reload usually. I will think of a solution for it.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:

Just compiled it and ran it, and it does work better for the most part. Pokemon names and 1080 names are now displayed properly with the ? fix you made.

However, Mega Man 9 shows up as "-'! -!. ?" now. I'm not sure if this is a side effect of the change or not.

Compatibility is just the same from what I've just tried.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
s3phir0th115 said:
WiiPower said:

Just compiled it and ran it, and it does work better for the most part. Pokemon names and 1080 names are now displayed properly with the ? fix you made.

However, Mega Man 9 shows up as "-'! -!. ?" now. I'm not sure if this is a side effect of the change or not.

And how was Mega Man 9 displayed before? If it had the same glitch as the others, the name is stored in some (to me) unknown format. The alternative would be to show the title id in case non ASCII characters are in the name. Or tell me if you have a better idea.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
s3phir0th115 said:
WiiPower said:

And how was Mega Man 9 displayed before? If it had the same glitch as the others, the name is stored in some (to me) unknown format. The alternative would be to show the title id in case non ASCII characters are in the name. Or tell me if you have a better idea.

Well, in R71, it was displayed as "MEGA MAN 9". (I just downloaded R71, compiled and ran again to make sure.) I don't think its name ever had trouble before.

So I guess it's something else that was changed that caused it. I don't think its name has any special characters in it.

Regarding showing the title id, I'm not sure what would be best. I'd trust your judgment on this one.

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can now confirm that when the tmp folder is not emtpy, the next game you'll launch will corrupt the UID.sys.

With a virgin UID.sys (with no VC/Wiiiware ID in it), I launched Adventure Island and then I restarted the Wii. The title ID was properly written, but the tmp was not emtpy. I launched Tiki Towers and got a message "an error has occurred". Guess what? The UID.sys is now corrupted and the game refuses to launch.

So yeah, I think you need to find a way to clear the tmp folder when Triiforce is launched or in the boot process of the game.

Hyro-Sama

Trophies
XP
Country
I must be doing something very wrong. I simply cannot get Triiforce or Triiforce_mrc working whatsoever. I installed HBC, installed cIOS rev14, and have been succesful with WiiFlow, installing WADs and running other homebrew on my PAL 4.2u Wii. I dumped my NAND using Simple FS Dumper, and have moved the contents of the FS-Dump folder to the root of my USB-HDD. Using Wad2Nand, I have created ticket and title folders, and moved them to the same place. Both Triiforce Beta 7 and Triiforce_mrc give me and ES_Identify error, and Triiforce r72 gives me an out of memory error. Installing a WiiWare WAD to my real NAND works perfectly.

Am I missing an IOS or something? Pulling my hair out with this!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: sup nerds