Hacking TriiForce beta testing

Jiiwah

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Slimmmmmm said:
Something that sprang to my mind today so I checked it out.
I had a read through this topic and was surprised no one has made a guide for moving some of the things needed for triiforce over to the emulated nand EG saves, miis and some other rarer things so I'll maybe make time to do one myself soon.
Not many people know about RFL DB.dat, or using wanins save game manager, or understanding the ascii to hex for identifying the saves and where they go, or what shared files are and what is needed and what isn't etc.

Yes please do it !! I'm looking for miis and saves folders or files and I don't find them. Where they are??

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Why quote me s3phir0th115 ???

I'm gutted that rev 15 has a bug(s) and WiiPower won't consider using it (can't blame him myself), I'd hoped the maybe rev15 saw NeoGamma and triiforce take huge steps forward.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
Why quote me s3phir0th115 ???

I'm gutted that rev 15 has a bug(s) and WiiPower won't consider using it (can't blame him myself), I'd hoped the maybe rev15 saw NeoGamma and triiforce take huge steps forward.

I was just saying that this not working with rev 15 isn't rev 15's fault. Triiforce checks the IOS version and refuses to work on anything except 14 unless modified.

Rev 15 may very well have improved NAND emulation improvements, but WiiPower is refusing to code anything for it due to the Error 001 thing. I can't blame him for it, but I'm just saying that you can't blame rev 15 for triiforce not working with it.

It's not an insult to you, I just was under the impression you thought it was rev 15's fault that it wasn't loading now.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
s3phir0th115

Try now. Somebody removed libpng, while it was supposed to be there. I also allow using rev15 now, but don't expect ANY support on it.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry Jiiwah, no time for a concise guide...but here a quick guide.

Jiiwah said:
Yes please do it !! I'm looking for miis and saves folders or files and I don't find them. Where they are??

Say you want to put some Wiiware save on your emulated NAND. I'll use actionloop twist as an example, cause I'm too busy to do more and I have that save here nice and handy.

Ok to get this save in the format required and not a .bin file (like the wii makes when copying to SD) use for example waninkokos save game manager.
You will get a folder called..... savegames/0001000157413250 and inside that is your save data. (data folder)
You would put that in the emulated nand folders .... title/00010001/57413250 ... inside that folder will be other folders EG /content .. ignore them and just place the contents of the 0001000157413250 (from wanins savegame manager) inside the data folder.

To see these folders another way (4 digit ID if it makes it easier) if you take the last 8 digits from the wanin save game EG 57413250 and convert form ascii to hex you get WA2P ... this is the 4 digit ID Nintendo uses in \private\wii\title\CODE\data.bin ..etc on SD card.

Sorry I'm messy and quick just now
tongue.gif

So an easy way to get your saves over then would be..
1 - load triiforce, make a save with whatever game and exit (you could skip this but best not to)
2 - run savegame manger and extract the save you want
3 - copy the contents from SD/savegames/00010001######## to the corresponding nand emu folder title/00010001/########

If you extract a lot of games and get lost and forget what is what you can....
1 - hex > ascii (as described above) to get the 4 digit ID ... OR (better)
2 - open banner.bin in a hex editor and you can see the name in readable format.

Miis are a different story and I'm finding some bugs (with my methods)
They are stored in RFL DB.dat , this is found in shared2\menu\FaceLib and can just be copied over (I'm working on selecting and hacking individual ones just now, hence the bugs)

*EDIT*
Thought I'd point out ShowMiiWads is top class for helping identify whats on your emulated NAND too.
I'll make a real guide one day soon.(hopefully with my edited miis not fooking things up, no you can't make a super fat or super tall mii
frown.gif
)

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
s3phir0th115

Try now. Somebody removed libpng, while it was supposed to be there. I also allow using rev15 now, but don't expect ANY support on it.

Yeah, I researched it some and got R66 to compile after copying the libpng.a from the libpng package into it, but now I come back and see and you fixed it. Thanks.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
My PC hdd recently fooked up so I don't have many tools on my pc, except a hex editor, notepad and some other things... no devkit or visual studio, I'll get it sorted soon though.

It would be really easy to make a tool for handling the (unencrypted) saves...hmmm I don't know how to extract the data.bin files on a pc either, but if I read up and it's easy I'll maybe try my hand at making something to handle the saves on the pc.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
s3phir0th115 said:
Replying back to confirm that R67 compiles now, and also that Triiforce works still with Rev15.

After a few days of playing (I wont be installing rev15 for a while) will you post again about compatability etc ? Worse, better or the same (I guess the same)

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
s3phir0th115 said:
Replying back to confirm that R67 compiles now, and also that Triiforce works still with Rev15.

After a few days of playing (I wont be installing rev15 for a while) will you post again about compatability etc ? Worse, better or the same (I guess the same)

Well, everything seems to work as it did from Beta 7 except for a few strange things.

1. Some of the names are messed up. Like Dracula Densetsu ReBirth shows up as nothing, it still loads but that happens. Also the names for Pokemon games show "Pok" then are cut off and the rest isn't displayed.
2. And regarding compatiblity, Excitebike World Rally doesn't work for me anymore. It says,
CODE
Reading TMD...ESFS_Open /title/80ea62e0/80ea62e0/content/title.tmd failed -106
Reading TMD failed.
.dol loading failed.

^I'm not sure if it's the release I'm using, as it worked in Beta 7.

Also, these issues persist even if I'm using cIOS rev 14, so they seem to be Triiforce bugs.

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@ s3phir0th115

I have similar problems as well even on cIOSrev14 since r66. Everything seems to work fine on r65.

@ WiiPower

It is really a Triiforce issue. My games works fine on r65 but will not run on r66.

­[Edit] When launching games I also have...

Out of memory... Decompression failed... .DOL loading failed...

I'm not the only one. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2370262

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kovani said:
@ s3phir0th115

I have similar problems as well even on cIOSrev14 since r66. Everything seems to work fine on r65.

@ WiiPower

It is really a Triiforce issue. My games works fine on r65 but will not run on r66.

­[Edit] When launching games I also have...

Out of memory... Decompression failed... .DOL loading failed...

I'm not the only one. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2370262

Ahh, thanks. I got R65 and it worked with Excitebike again, and all of the names were as they were before.

@Wiipower

I think it is Triiforce. I got R65, compiled it, and everything worked properly again as I just said. The only change I made was making the same change you did to get it to run on cIOS rev 15, and of course copying in the libpng.a.

So I think we can eliminate it being a cIOS issue given that.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Sorry for being ignorant, you were right. R71 should fix the bug.

http://code.google.com/p/triiforce/source/.../#svn/trunk/HBC

Don't worry about it. We were all a bit upset over that whole cIOS rev 15 thing.

Just compiled R71, and it works, even with excitebike.

However, the name bug is still present. Like all of the Pokemon games ending with "Pok" and being to the left of Default Video Mode. And also the "1080" being cut off from that name, also being to the left of Default Video Mode.

But as far as stuff loading again, it's fine, and all the wiiware I've tested that worked in Beta 7 but not in R67 functions again.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
WiiPower said:

So R71 has the same compatibility as R65
blink.gif
?

s3phir0th115However, the name bug is still present. Like all of the Pokemon games ending with "Pok" and being to the left of Default Video Mode. And also the "1080" being cut off from that name, also being to the left of Default Video Mode.
Maybe is a character issue: the application is not recognizing special characters like é (tilde above vowels -poké-) or ° (degree -1080°-) symbols. They come in UTF-8/ISO-8859-1 charsets.

See ya!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
s3phir0th115 said:
WiiPower said:

Don't worry about it. We were all a bit upset over that whole cIOS rev 15 thing.

However, the name bug is still present. Like all of the Pokemon games ending with "Pok" and being to the left of Default Video Mode. And also the "1080" being cut off from that name, also being to the left of Default Video Mode.

But as far as stuff loading again, it's fine, and all the wiiware I've tested that worked in Beta 7 but not in R67 functions again.

I don't understand. The names of a few games are not displayed correctly? Does any version of TriiForce or the mod display them correctly? Whtat are you talking about the video modes?

Also, anything currently not loading for you?

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
s3phir0th115 said:
WiiPower said:

I don't understand. The names of a few games are not displayed correctly? Does any version of TriiForce or the mod display them correctly? Whtat are you talking about the video modes?

Also, anything currently not loading for you?

Yeah, R65 displayed the names in full before. Names in R67 and the R71 that I tested only show "Pok" for pokemon games, "1080" for games that start with that, and the names are also for some reason displayed to the left of the video mode option, instead of above the video mode option like normal. They only appear to the left for those particular games that don't display the full name correctly. All of the other games display as they should, above the video mode option.

Also, the ones that don't display correctly seem to load properly once selected, so I think it's only a name display bug of some sort.

Regarding things not working, it's been running everything I throw at it, including a bunch of Wiiware and Nintendo 64 virtual consoles, including some injects.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5