Homebrew Transferring games and saves with just one gamepad?

Trivion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A little bit of background first: My WiiU''s HDMI output is broken (well basically; on resolutions below 1080p it still shows an image, but one with a plethora of pixel errors). Obviously I could try to find a repair somewhere, but replacement consoles (with no gamepad) are so cheap that it doesn't seem worth it. The one problem is that then I won't have a second gamepad to use the official transfer tool.

Is there a way to either use the transfer tool with just one gamepad or an alternate transfer method altogether (a homebrew tool)?

Last edited by Trivion,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be able to, just need to sync it to the new console when you're done with the old console.

I've never done a transfer personally so I cant say for sure but I don't see why you couldn't just sync the gamepad each time you want to use a different console.

Reactions: Trivion

Trivion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@EmulateLife The reason why I think that doesn't work with the official method is that there's a step called "Align the Wii U Gamepads" in the official guide where you need to use two gamepads to generate a code on both systems.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

@Trivion :

You say this ==>

A little bit of background: My WiiU's HDMI output is broken, but it's still a bit of a pixel.

Why not use the AV video cable for Wii U ??

Trivion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@jeannotte I am using the WiiU's component output currently and it's ok for WiiU games, but for Wii/GCN games it puts me at the mercy of the TV's internal upscaler (which seems to be really bad) as opposed to the WiiU's upscaler for HDMI (and decent upscaler boxes cost more than a Wii U somehow)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o