Need help transferring save files from unmodded console to modded one

asterixgalul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello, I need some help. I used to have a pirated V1 switch (without a chip), but recently its sd card reader broke and the console left me on black screen. I managed to make it boot into bios and from there I got it to work on OFW, but with no card reader.

I bought another switch which was already pirated (with chip) and I was wondering what happens if I boot this pirated switch into OFW and connect it to Nintendo servers to transfer my save and account data (for the games I played on official cards on the first console without pirating) to the second console. Also I do have a backup of the sd card of the first console but I saw that the save data from pirated games is lost because it's encrypted to every individual switch, but you guys may know more.

Sidenote: the first switch (the one with the broken sd card reader) cannot be opened because the screws are damaged, if you wanted to suggest an sd card reader fix

Thank you

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark

asterixgalul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Could you please tell me what does a clean OFW mean? Also, I'm not sure if I have the keys, where can I find them, or where are they usually found?

djcraze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can boot into OFW on the old switch and the new one, just perform a system transfer. It'll transfer the saves over. Or you can do individual transfers of saves between consoles.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Could you please tell me what does a clean OFW mean? Also, I'm not sure if I have the keys, where can I find them, or where are they usually found?
OFW is dirty if you have installed NSP, used themes, cheats or done anything else that us not official on SysMMC. If not it should be clean.
Keys are extracted with the payload lockpick but since your SD card render doesn't work you can't do that. If you have done it before you should have the file switch\prod.keys on your SD card. If you do you have the keys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.