Transferring everything from banned Switch to new one?

TrunksSSJ23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm kind of in a predicament, where my old, banned Switch has broken pins on the board and won't read any SD Cards so I can't boot into CFW/Hekate anymore on it. Because of this I bought another hacked Switch hoping that I could transfer everything over the official way, but I overlooked the fact that my old Switch is banned so I can't use the official Nintendo method. From doing a bit of research, I was able to get a back up of my old Switch's SysNAND/eMMC by booting directly via USB with memloaderv3 and then using HacDiskMount with my biskeys to decrypt and back up my RAWNAND partitions. However, it's to my understanding that there's no way I can just take this decrypted back up of my RAWNAND from my old Switch and then restore that on my new Switch using NXNANDManager to transfer over everything internally since that will result in a brick on the new console, correct?

If so, is there any other way to transfer my internal data (saves, games, user profiles, etc) from my banned, broken Switch over to my new Switch (I don't care if the new Switch gets banned again), or am I basically out of luck and need to start completely fresh on the new console?

Thanks for any help!

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of it is going to be a no, however if you backed up your saves with checkpoint you can restore them to the new Switch, but you'd have to make a new save for each game then overwrite it. Offcial Switch Games would all be lost, however if you have homebrew on your sd card including roms and emulators they'll continue to work on the new Switch with the same sd card. Your saves are also lost if you didn't back them up with checkpoint. You couldn't have predicted what would happen with your Switch but it is a good idea to periodically backup your saves with checkpoint.

Maybe you could see if there's a repair shop to help fix your other Switch? You'll pay a little but then could sell one for more than you pay the repair shop, or have two hacked Switches.

Last edited by Jayinem,
Reactions: BigOnYa

TrunksSSJ23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of it is going to be a no, however if you backed up your saves with checkpoint you can restore them to the new Switch, but you'd have to make a new save for each game then overwrite it. Offcial Switch Games would all be lost, however if you have homebrew on your sd card including roms and emulators they'll continue to work on the new Switch with the same sd card. Your saves are also lost if you didn't back them up with checkpoint. You couldn't have predicted what would happen with your Switch but it is a good idea to periodically backup your saves with checkpoint.

Maybe you could see if there's a repair shop to help fix your other Switch? You'll pay a little but then could sell one for more than you pay the repair shop, or have two hacked Switches.
Ah figured, thanks for the response! And in terms of having roms/emulators my SD card, how would I go about getting that to work on the new Switch as when I insert it in the new one, it says it was in use with another console and I must format it to use on the new console?

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy the emulators and roms to your computer, format the sd card to the new switch, copy them back to the sd card.

TrunksSSJ23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy the emulators and roms to your computer, format the sd card to the new switch, copy them back to the sd card.
Ah, I was thinking of downloaded games on my SD which reside in the Nintendo folder, so those can’t be transferred since it’s tied to my old switch’s NAND. So I’ll just have to start from scratch unless I can get someone fix my replace the pins on my old board. Appreciate the help!

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The good news is you have a hacked switch and if you know where to look you can get any game you want for free so just download them and reinstall them not the end of the world. Saves are the one thing you really lose forever if you didn't back them up.

Reactions: TrunksSSJ23

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto