Transfer my Wii NAND Backup to my Wii U?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by JBruno, Oct 26, 2013.

1. JBruno
    OP

JBruno Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2009
    Brazil
    Hello people! I sold my Wii today and I'm going to deliver it to the buyer tomorrow. But I'm wondering if I backup my NAND via Bootmii to a SD Card, then when I buy a Wii U, can I copy my old Wii backup to the vWii of the Wii U using the Bootmii keeping my configurations and saves?

2. user64

user64 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    Canada
    I may not be an expert here, but that sounds like a very bad idea. I suggest you use your wii backup in an emunand, that should work fine (I think). At the very least an emunand won't brick your vwii.

3. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    NAND backup is uniquely locked to the system it came from. Bootmii doesn't work on Wii U, even if it does IOSes from original Wii WILL brick Wii U's Wii mode.

Use Wii Transfer tool to move configurations and save files to Wii U.

4. JBruno
    OP

JBruno Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2009
    Brazil
    But to use the Wii transfer tool I need to have both Wii and Wii U systems to make the transfer, right? :( I will buy the Wii U only in December, until then I will have no more my old Wii. Well, I will start to copy the saves tonight to my SD Card using other homebrews, tranks for the tips.