To celebrate Minecraft's 10th anniversary, you can play Minecraft Classic for free in your browser

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, May 8, 2019.

1. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    There are a lot of games that you can say that about. The Sims games are absolutely boring as hell but people still love them. And there are a lot of games that are "overrated" because of hype, from indie stuff to AAA titles. Marketing has a huge influence on people's opinions, and it influences the opinions on games especially.

2. jupitteer

jupitteer idk what i'm doing

Feb 17, 2017
    Antarctica
    Subcon
    Expectation of having experience in a game before you write off the entirety of it as shallow is not an arbitrary requirement. I think you should play the game to an extent where you experience a good majority of the game before you make sweeping generalizations.

3. SonowRaevius

SonowRaevius GBAtemp Regular

Feb 26, 2013
    United States
    What are you trying to even say? Are you saying I haven't played the game at all?

I literally played the game whenever they had an update for a good time there (seeing as how I paid for the copy) . I fought the ender dragon in the end, been to the nether, made an elytra, and fought the wither. All of these things took very little to no time to do.

What else is there for me to do other than mine, create a base, or do all the above again?

Do I have to mine an entire world before my opinions matters or something? If so, nice gatekeeping once again.

oBluEx likes this.
  4. SnackJr

SnackJr Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2019
    Japan
    10 years, wow has it really been that long? I spent many nights building fortresses and mining sand to make a glass castle, while protecting it from skeletons and zombies.

Baoulettes and x65943 like this.
  5. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner GBAtemp Fan

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    I'd say that SomeCallMeJohnny sums up my thoughts on the game perfectly:

grey72 likes this.
  6. matpower

matpower A Hero of Justice

May 5, 2012
    Brazil
    Kazamatsuri
    Seems like they redid the game on JavaScript, but they did a kinda poor job. They should have gone with Classic 0.30 and kept the multiplayer feature. As it stands now, it is nothing special at all, one could play Classic on the official launcher for a while.

7. jt_1258

jt_1258 Something

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    Unless you played modded java edition. The flexibility is incredible leading to amazing mod packs that make it worth while to play.

8. Kubez

Kubez Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    You must be fun at parties.

9. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    I think I’m outside the demographic, but I did build a wall around myself. It was pretty lonely. Then, I defeated the wall and found the highest plain. After that, I closed my browser.

10. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    To be fair, your original post appeared to be a BIG dig at the tastes of people who don't think Minecraft is terrible.

I mean, you come into a thread about a game and talk about how you dislike it. You're obviously going to irritate people when you do that and you're obviously going to get a backlash from fans of the game (who are clearly going to be reading the topic). I mean, what did you expect?

Disclosure: I have no interest in Minecraft or Call of Duty.

11. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    I just made a new world for the first time in about a year since I heard about that villiage update. This game is still so fun all these years later. I found 20 diamonds on one cave.

12. Trash_Bandatcoot

Trash_Bandatcoot Your average GBAtemp fanboy

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Ahh..... This reminds me of the old webpage where you could play Minecarft in your browser.
    ...but we never got it working, so meh...

13. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Gonna try this out tomorrow.

14. Mr. Elementle

Mr. Elementle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 30, 2014
    United States
    Detroit
    *Sees a thread about a game i don't like* *Cracks knuckles* "Time to tell everyone how bad this game is and how they're wrong for liking it"

one hour later

"Why is everyone else so toxic and hateful, all i did was come into their thread and insult them I just don't understand"

That's it, that's 90% of video game forum interactions broken down to their bare essentials,

15. SonowRaevius

SonowRaevius GBAtemp Regular

Feb 26, 2013
    United States
    I'll apologize for the harshness of my thoughts and opinions yesterday and maybe I should have just stated that is how I felt about it to begin with and used lighter words with my initial statement.

However, I don't think that would change how the course the discussion went however, as these are the typical reactions and responses I get when I have said that it feels lacking and I wish they would offer a little more than just "Create your own adventure" type of play.

Maybe I am wrong though and if I am I will apologize for my wrong assumptions again.

If you enjoy Minecraft I honestly and sincerely hope you continue to enjoy it because that is the point of any video game.

Last edited by SonowRaevius, May 9, 2019
    JustANoob;) and FoxMcloud5655 like this.
  16. huntertron1

huntertron1 a simple youtuber that is trying to survive

Oct 28, 2017
    United States
    huh, this is very neet. this is the most interesting thing ive seen involving minecraft if i excluded the 4k edition from my mind.

17. MachRc

MachRc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2017
    United States
    first time i actually had fun playing. I did with my son yesterday making a tower and cave stairs, letting loose staves [F] or [G] at the comfort of my work desk
    sharing link is quite easy and fun ( a little wait and patience is required to log into a game)

x to save position, r to return

only bummer is no saving
    and even though I try to leave the world on my browser so that i can keep what I built with my son and other forum members....
    it gets erased after idle
    no persistence