To celebrate Minecraft's 10th anniversary, you can play Minecraft Classic for free in your browser

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, May 8, 2019.

1. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    I still remember the day Notch finally added monsters to multiplayer, and I logged in and was immediately obliterated by a horde of spiders and skeletons because my base was not properly lit at all.

Ya bro totes can't stand up to my CALL OF DUTY experience yano? WHERE'S THE PRESTIGE BRO?? SHIT GAME

Last edited by Hells Malice, May 8, 2019
    DayVeeBoi, CoolStarDood and jupitteer like this.
  2. SonowRaevius

SonowRaevius GBAtemp Regular

Feb 26, 2013
    United States
    No one even brought up Call of Duty so why bring it up now? Were you trying to insult my tastes or something just because I think Minecraft is terrible?

Man, it really has been a while. I completely forgot that Minecraft fans are extremely salty and toxic when you say anything negative about their precious game.

3. Jack54782

Jack54782 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    A9LH CRUSADE
    I tried this and it was a cool, unique experience, but I cant sit and play this for any longer than 5 minutes due to the shallowness of the game compared to the endless adventure that modern day minecraft provides. It is cool for a browser game and to show off to friends but apart from that it is too shallow.

CoolStarDood likes this.
  4. SexySpai

SexySpai xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    your mom lol
    God I fucking love minecraft

CoolStarDood, jupitteer and Jack54782 like this.
  5. jupitteer

jupitteer idk what i'm doing

Feb 17, 2017
    Antarctica
    Subcon
    There's a difference between not enjoying a game and making objectively false claims about it when you haven't played it enough to evaluate it. I can respect plenty of games I don't like for what they are and still don't have to enjoy them.

6. jupitteer
    This message by jupitteer has been removed from public view by Chary, May 8, 2019.
    May 8, 2019
  7. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    this one seems even more lackluster than the free version they used to have in like 2013, that one had servers and stuff

8. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    I think, just like Legos, most people love it, but it just doesn't get on well with others. I've put so many hours into the game; solo and with friends. I play it probably once a year, for like two weeks straight, and then forget it exists until I come back to it. But some people I know have never enjoyed it. I think it's a game that you have to invest a lot of creativity into to get back from, one that's simple for lots of people to be able to play it, perhaps to its detriment in gameplay, or its what made it so appealing to wide masses of people. That might not be enjoyable to everyone, but I do think it's an overall good game at least.

DayVeeBoi, medoli900 and CoolStarDood like this.
  9. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    I don't even blink twice at replaying nes games, but something about Minecraft and its default look feels like it actively attacks my eyes. As in, it hurts me to see it. I've not felt pain like that since the time i tried out a virtual boy at one od those in-store demo kiosks.

Now that was a migraine in the making.

CoolStarDood likes this.
  10. SonowRaevius

SonowRaevius GBAtemp Regular

Feb 26, 2013
    United States
    So how long do I have to play it to be able to evaluate it then? I've played the game quite a few times since 2012 in hopes that it would improve and offer more, but you keep making some gatekeeping excuse as to why what I say doesn't matter. So, please, tell me how long I have to have been playing to meet your criteria.

It's a piss-poor argument to not even try to refute what I have said and instead just try to say what I say is invalid because I don't meet some ridiculous, imaginary time-played requirement.

11. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    Lol, Classic was available for free in browsers back when it was in Indev and Alpha n what not.

Ryccardo likes this.
  12. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Co's VGM Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Justinde75 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    West City
    dunno what version of minecraft you are playing then lol

13. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Not once have I seen a digital version of Minecraft on sale. PS3, PS4,Wii U, and Switch. I don't own xbox but I'm pretty sure they had their exclusive sale to boost the minecraft player base on it.

14. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Minecraft Classic... Now there's a name I haven't heard in a while

15. AiP24

AiP24 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2019
    United States
    Funny how I saw an add for a free (likely a virus) minecraft under the article.

CoolStarDood likes this.
  16. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    it used to be free in the browser looong ago, it was taken down around 2013 when 1.6 and the new launcher released

Ryccardo likes this.
  17. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    They've always offered this...

18. CoolStarDood

CoolStarDood GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2018
    United States
    Everywhere and nowwhere at the same time o__0
    Until newer browsers stopped supporting it, IIRC they recoded the thing in C++ (but im probably wrong on that part)

Chary likes this.
  19. codezer0

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    I couldn't even play it. Mostly was watching wife play it on PC and then at the time, when at an in-law's house and they had the Xbox One version of it up on their big tv. So of course there were no mods of any kind in the latter, and that shit hurt my eyes, it was so bad.

20. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Co's VGM Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Justinde75 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    West City
    sounds like you are just being too sensitive to me

RedBlueGreen likes this.
  21. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    I really miss the more basic world generation where we still had flat plains. Now even the plains biome is ridiculously elevated, and the mountains are just ridiculous.

Oh, and if anyone on GBAtemp hosts servers, someone should make a Temp Pixelmon server.
    Chad Notch vs Virgin Microsoft

22. codezer0

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    If that were the case, then I wouldn't be able to play anything earlier than the PS2 era, but that's clearly not the case.