To celebrate Minecraft's 10th anniversary, you can play Minecraft Classic for free in your browser

MinecraftClassicScreenshot.jpeg

Minecraft has changed a lot from its original release, which was almost 10 years ago. If you yearn for those days back when Minecraft was still in "alpha" form, then you can take a journey to 2009, by playing that first version of Minecraft in your browser. Mojang has released Minecraft Classic for free, allowing players to have the exact experience that Minecraft offered a decade ago, bugs, glitches and all. There are only 32 blocks to use, and there are no enemies, but you can run around the game world and build with up to 9 of your friends. If you want to try it out, click on the source link below.

:arrow: Source

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh boy an even more bare-bones version of a game that is bare-boned as hell for free!

Minecraft to this day is an overrated game that is the pure embodiment of actual indie trash. Just low-effort work that sold millions because people over-hyped it.

It was boring at release and it is still boring to this day.
There are a lot of games that you can say that about. The Sims games are absolutely boring as hell but people still love them. And there are a lot of games that are "overrated" because of hype, from indie stuff to AAA titles. Marketing has a huge influence on people's opinions, and it influences the opinions on games especially.

Trophies
XP
So how long do I have to play it to be able to evaluate it then? I've played the game quite a few times since 2012 in hopes that it would improve and offer more, but you keep making some gatekeeping excuse as to why what I say doesn't matter. So, please, tell me how long I have to have been playing to meet your criteria.

It's a piss-poor argument to not even try to refute what I have said and instead just try to say what I say is invalid because I don't meet some ridiculous, imaginary time-played requirement.
Expectation of having experience in a game before you write off the entirety of it as shallow is not an arbitrary requirement. I think you should play the game to an extent where you experience a good majority of the game before you make sweeping generalizations.

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Expectation of having experience in a game before you write off the entirety of it as shallow is not an arbitrary requirement. I think you should play the game to an extent where you experience a good majority of the game before you make sweeping generalizations.
What are you trying to even say? Are you saying I haven't played the game at all?

I literally played the game whenever they had an update for a good time there (seeing as how I paid for the copy) . I fought the ender dragon in the end, been to the nether, made an elytra, and fought the wither. All of these things took very little to no time to do.

What else is there for me to do other than mine, create a base, or do all the above again?

Do I have to mine an entire world before my opinions matters or something? If so, nice gatekeeping once again.

Reactions: oBluEx

SnackJr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
10 years, wow has it really been that long? I spent many nights building fortresses and mining sand to make a glass castle, while protecting it from skeletons and zombies.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy an even more bare-bones version of a game that is bare-boned as hell for free!

Minecraft to this day is an overrated game that is the pure embodiment of actual indie trash. Just low-effort work that sold millions because people over-hyped it.

I'd say that SomeCallMeJohnny sums up my thoughts on the game perfectly:

Reactions: grey72

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Seems like they redid the game on JavaScript, but they did a kinda poor job. They should have gone with Classic 0.30 and kept the multiplayer feature. As it stands now, it is nothing special at all, one could play Classic on the official launcher for a while.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Unless you played modded java edition. The flexibility is incredible leading to amazing mod packs that make it worth while to play.

Kubez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You must be fun at parties.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I’m outside the demographic, but I did build a wall around myself. It was pretty lonely. Then, I defeated the wall and found the highest plain. After that, I closed my browser.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
No one even brought up Call of Duty so why bring it up now? Were you trying to insult my tastes or something just because I think Minecraft is terrible?

To be fair, your original post appeared to be a BIG dig at the tastes of people who don't think Minecraft is terrible.

Man, it really has been a while. I completely forgot that Minecraft fans are extremely salty and toxic when you say anything negative about their precious game.

I mean, you come into a thread about a game and talk about how you dislike it. You're obviously going to irritate people when you do that and you're obviously going to get a backlash from fans of the game (who are clearly going to be reading the topic). I mean, what did you expect?

Disclosure: I have no interest in Minecraft or Call of Duty.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just made a new world for the first time in about a year since I heard about that villiage update. This game is still so fun all these years later. I found 20 diamonds on one cave.

Mr. Elementle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, you come into a thread about a game and talk about how you dislike it. You're obviously going to irritate people when you do that and you're obviously going to get a backlash from fans of the game (who are clearly going to be reading the topic). I mean, what did you expect?

*Sees a thread about a game i don't like* *Cracks knuckles* "Time to tell everyone how bad this game is and how they're wrong for liking it"

one hour later

"Why is everyone else so toxic and hateful, all i did was come into their thread and insult them I just don't understand"

That's it, that's 90% of video game forum interactions broken down to their bare essentials,

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Sees a thread about a game i don't like* *Cracks knuckles* "Time to tell everyone how bad this game is and how they're wrong for liking it"

one hour later

"Why is everyone else so toxic and hateful, all i did was come into their thread and insult them I just don't understand"

That's it, that's 90% of video game forum interactions broken down to their bare essentials,
I'll apologize for the harshness of my thoughts and opinions yesterday and maybe I should have just stated that is how I felt about it to begin with and used lighter words with my initial statement.

However, I don't think that would change how the course the discussion went however, as these are the typical reactions and responses I get when I have said that it feels lacking and I wish they would offer a little more than just "Create your own adventure" type of play.

Maybe I am wrong though and if I am I will apologize for my wrong assumptions again.

If you enjoy Minecraft I honestly and sincerely hope you continue to enjoy it because that is the point of any video game.

Last edited by SonowRaevius,

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huh, this is very neet. this is the most interesting thing ive seen involving minecraft if i excluded the 4k edition from my mind.

MachRc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first time i actually had fun playing. I did with my son yesterday making a tower and cave stairs, letting loose staves [F] or [G] at the comfort of my work desk
sharing link is quite easy and fun ( a little wait and patience is required to log into a game)

x to save position, r to return

only bummer is no saving
and even though I try to leave the world on my browser so that i can keep what I built with my son and other forum members....
it gets erased after idle
no persistence

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn