The World Is Ending Saturday.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
Earth's age is circa 4,54 billion years. Oldest life forms on earth are circa 3,5 billion years old. If you expect this crazy rock and mud ball we call "Earth" to fall apart on saturday, you're wrong in the head. Plain and simple. Years in "hundreds", "thousands" or even "millions" have little relevance as far as Earth is concerned. Life will be perfectly fine as long as the Sun doesn't reach a size that'll scramble it.

As George Carlin used to say. "The planet is fine. The PEOPLE are fucked."

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
doyama said:
Foxi4 said:
Earth's age is circa 4,54 billion years. Oldest life forms on earth are circa 3,5 billion years old. If you expect this crazy rock and mud ball we call "Earth" to fall apart on saturday, you're wrong in the head. Plain and simple. Years in "hundreds", "thousands" or even "millions" have little relevance as far as Earth is concerned. Life will be perfectly fine as long as the Sun doesn't reach a size that'll scramble it.

As George Carlin used to say. "The planet is fine. The PEOPLE are fucked."

I can see... I can see... into the future... I am... in a wasteland...

The end of the world occurred pretty much as we had predicted. Too many humans, not enough space or resources to go around. The details are trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always, purely human ones.

The earth was nearly wiped clean of life. A great cleansing, an atomic spark struck by human hands, quickly raged out of control. Spears of nuclear fire rained from the skies. Continents were swallowed in flames and fell beneath the boiling oceans. Humanity was almost extinguished, their spirits becoming part of the background radiation that blanketed the earth.

A quiet darkness fell across the planet, lasting many years. Few survived the devastation. Some had been fortunate enough to reach safety, taking shelter in great underground vaults. When the great darkness passed, these vaults opened, and their inhabitants emerged to begin their lives again.

One of the northern tribes claims they are descended from one such Vault. They hold that their founder and ancestor, one known as the "Vault Dweller," once saved the world from a great evil. According to their legend, this evil arose in the far south. It corrupted all it touched, twisting men inside, turning them into beasts. Only through the bravery of this Vault Dweller was the evil destroyed. But in so doing, he lost many of his friends and suffered greatly, sacrificing much of himself to save the world.

When at last he returned to the home he had fought so hard to protect, he was cast out. Exiled. In confronting that which they feared, he had become something else in their eyes...and no longer their champion.

Forsaken by his people, he strode into the wasteland. He traveled far to the north, until he came to the great canyons. There, he founded a small village, Arroyo, where he lived out the rest of his years. And so, for a generation since its founding, Arroyo has lived in peace, its canyons sheltering it from the outside world. It is home. Your home.

There you go. A prophecy! XD

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose Fallout jokes are apropos for this topic
tongue.gif

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WolfSpider said:
There hasn't been a mark of the beast yet and this guy that's supposed to rule over the whole world hasn't come yet.
Some illuminati conspiracy site gave a description and it matched up to Obama. lololol

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
MaxNuker said:
machomuu said:
It means they're announcing The World Ends With You 2. I can't wait.
THIS.

Now truly, wasnt the end of the world programmed to 2012? [irony]
That was the mayons.

This is about one priest some how finding the date in the bible somehow. And people believe him.
Lol, that's stupid. The Bible clearly states that we won't know when the end is.

The Mayan thing is stupid though. Just because one of their calendars (yes, there is more than one) ends in 2012 doesn't mean that the world will end. Besides, if you believe the Bible (and I do) the fact that people expect it to happen in 2012 just means that it won't happen in 2012!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
JoostinOnline said:
Duskye said:
MaxNuker said:
machomuu said:
It means they're announcing The World Ends With You 2. I can't wait.
THIS.

Now truly, wasnt the end of the world programmed to 2012? [irony]
That was the mayons.

This is about one priest some how finding the date in the bible somehow. And people believe him.
Lol, that's stupid. The Bible clearly states that we won't know when the end is.

The Mayan thing is stupid though. Just because one of their calendars (yes, there is more than one) ends in 2012 doesn't mean that the world will end. Besides, if you believe the Bible (and I do) the fact that people expect it to happen in 2012 just means that it won't happen in 2012!

...my calendars always end in December...

wait, that means...

Mamma Mia! The end is nigh!

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By "All over the news" you mean only FOX right?

Seriously though, this is just complete bullshit. Everybody makes it sound like that everyone will just drop dead at once. If the world is REALLY going to end, they need to give us more detail on exactly what's going to happen with much more proof than just a fucking prediction. Like the moon from Majora's Mask, we know it's there, and we know it'll destroy us all in 72 hours.
wink.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend's girlfriend is rather religious and she just found out about this supposed "rapture". She talked to her pastor and he said it was a bunch of bullcrap.

It's a load of nothing. But if it is the true apocalypse with the whole angel-demon war, that'd be pretty awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: 40*