The Titan Two will get cross-over Joy-Con Support in February/March

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by WiiUBricker, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:05 PM.

1. WiiUBricker
    OP

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    titantwo.png

Ever since Nintendo introduced the Joy-Cons to the world, people were trying to use them on platforms other than the Switch, because indeed, Joy-Cons provide freedom and flexibility no other control method currently available in the market can match. While the Joy-Cons themselves can be paired to a PC just like that, they can't really be used anywhere without overcoming issues like joysticks being interpreted as dpads, input lag, random disconnections and the inability to use both Joy-Cons as a combined controller. On the PC side, most of these issues have since been resolved, whereas other consoles were left behind.

But a light at the end of the tunnel is in sight. ConsoleTuner, a company that is selling adapters for gaming controllers, announced that its newest device, labelled Titan Two, is scheduled to get cross-over Joy-Con support in an upcoming firmware update in February or March.

Gyro Controls and haptic feedback (Rumble) will also be supported. At the time of writing, the Titan Two was available for purchase only via this US-based retailer at a hefty price of $99.95. According to the company, Factory-Direct ordering will be available in the coming days.

:arrow: Source

Attached Files:

Last edited by WiiUBricker, Jan 12, 2018 at 12:13 AM
    TheVinAnator likes this.
  2. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Wow...are the joycons really that good? I haven't touched one IRL yet, but the buttons seem kind of small (to my large hands, at least), and the lack of D-pad isn't something that fancies me.

So...what am I missing? Why would another console gamer prefer these joycons over the things that came with their console? :unsure:

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    With a silicone grip on them, they're actually very comfortable to use in relaxed mode. The lack of a D-Pad isn't a problem in many games, though I still prefer a D-Pad, it's just slightly easier to use. It doesn't really affect gameplay though unless you're playing fighting games or similarly fast paced games.

I find the analog sticks to have too little travel for maximum accuracy, but some rubber caps I ordered on eBay took care of that problem since they make the sticks taller.

I still prefer the Pro Controller for serious gaming, but if I just want to relax with some Zelda or something, JoyCons in relaxed mode are perfect.

I don't really see a lot of people using them for other consoles though. PC is one thing, since not everyone has other controllers they can use on a PC. But the X-Boner controller is already so good, I think most people would just stick to that. As for the PS4, I don't know what the controller there is like, but you'd lose the touchpad functionality by playing with JoyCons, which wouldn't be ideal.

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Expect a review of this device, I have it and will be doing my first hardware review with it. :rolleyes:

WiiUBricker likes this.
  5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    the joycon and its buttons/stick are too small for my hands, and I started feeling bad in my hands due to distorted position to reach the right stick for long play sessions.
    I just bought the classic pro controller, and now it feels too big :lol:
    did I get used to the joycons?
    lack of dpad is not a problem, you get used to the 4-buttons as d-pad quickly.
    I like to play with one in each hands, arms along the body, it's natural and not tiring, except for its size and my thumb to reach the right stick. too bad.

anyway, I didn't know we could connect the joycons on PC.
    it's a good idea to make these kind of adapter, and it will even work with other consoles! (I wonder how well, for missing features like touchpad)

Last edited by Cyan, Jan 12, 2018 at 5:22 PM
    WiiUBricker likes this.
  6. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    The d-pad buttons isn't such a big deal, is it a improvement, depends. Having buttons gives precise movements simply cause is not all connected to a central functioning system. Playstation D-pad has four individual sections connected to a central pivot that makes it okay for fighting games with those fluid motions. But platform games, and other games when is mostly used for shortcuts and selecting things is just as well. Most people who play fighting games may not find the button d-pad approach good and instead use the analog stick or full pivot d-pad.

Of course with the titan two, is worth it, you can just use any controller you want on the switch, so if you want to use a arcade fight stick you can. :P

I already have titan two and yes is good. Plan to release a review next week if I get the time.

7. WiiUBricker
    OP

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Sweet! Where did you buy it from?

8. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Expensive but so worth it. :P

upload_2018-1-12_17-16-13.png

upload_2018-1-12_17-17-6.png

WiiUBricker likes this.
  9. WiiUBricker
    OP

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    We are waiting for your review then :)

10. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Not enough RGB. Also, that's the Overwatch symbol in the top right of it. :D