x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That actually looks pretty comfy than the so-called and definitely overpriced "gaming" chairs..

So that's why cats keep running & jumping around on high ground..
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 415373
NTM: this is a meme regarding Pokemon. Pokemon is a video game/anime franchise. This is a videogame/anime meme. :mellow:
Deleted for not video game related

This is an animu

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
1705872319012.png

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Honestly today is the first day I've heard of Palworld.
Me too. Holy shit, Pokemon with guns.

"The game is set in an open world populated with animal-like creatures known as "Pals". The players can battle and capture Pals in order to use them for base building, traversal, and combat. Palworld can be played either solo, or online by up to 32 players on one server.
The game's comedic premise, which involves using firearms and equipping Pals with them, earned it the nickname "Pokémon With Guns". Other elements, such as using creatures for food or placing them to work in mines and factories [...] "

I mean it's what fans were asking for in Pokemon games, isn't it? Open world, multiplayer, utilizing Pokemon outside of combat and fast travel...

Gamefreak was like:

1705877897550.png

But Pocket Pair were like "yeah OK, hold my beer."

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
IMG_2288.jpeg

Post automatically merged:

It’s Pokémon but made by fans who gave into their intrusive thoughts

Last edited by The Catboy,

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"The game is set in an open world populated with animal-like creatures known as "Pals". The players can battle and capture Pals in order to use them for base building, traversal, and combat. Palworld can be played either solo, or online by up to 32 players on one server.
The game's comedic premise, which involves using firearms and equipping Pals with them, earned it the nickname "Pokémon With Guns". Other elements, such as using creatures for food or placing them to work in mines and factories [...] "

I mean it's what fans were asking for in Pokemon games, isn't it? Open world, multiplayer, utilizing Pokemon outside of combat and fast travel...

Gamefreak was like:

View attachment 415454

But Pocket Pair were like "yeah OK, hold my beer."

You laugh but everyone I know who has played it has really enjoyed it, and I even thought about trying it out

The mainline pokemon games are so garbage at this point it's not surprising another company could do it better

Even if this game was just a 1:1 clone with graphics above PS1 levels it would be above Scarlet/Violet

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You laugh but everyone I know who has played it has really enjoyed it, and I even thought about trying it out

The mainline pokemon games are so garbage at this point it's not surprising another company could do it better

Even if this game was just a 1:1 clone with graphics above PS1 levels it would be above Scarlet/Violet
I went in not expecting much, thinking I'd probably refund it within the two-hour window if it was too unfinished/jank. Long story short, I've already put twelve hours in and I'm looking forward to playing more. It's all stuff we've seen in games before, but arranged in a new way so that it feels fresh. Valheim + BotW + Legends Arceus + Factorio, and there's even some Elden Ring thrown in for good measure.

Working alongside your Pals to build up your base and produce goods gives a real sense of community that Pokemon games have been lacking for several generations.

Nintendo/GameFreak could have easily made a more polished version of the same thing, but they have nothing motivating them to take risks. The only reason they keep making games at all is to introduce new designs for merchandising.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

I didn't say it was bad but it's undeniably hilarious. A lot of other monster collectathons just add one or two things to the basic formula, but this threw everything at the wall to see what sticks.

And it's not like the world of Pogeymans doesn't have guns already

1705906845474.png

1705906861712.png

I just hope they don't get stomped on by Nintendo because the "Pals" have designs veeeeery similar to Pogeymans, I'm not sure how far "parody" or "original content / donut steel" can stretch.

1705907166242.png

Reactions: SylverReZ and Xzi

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So apparently there's been much discussion about how some monster collecting game ripped off the monster designs from some other monster collecting game
View attachment 415510
The similarities between "oyster" and "oyster" are too big to be an accident :tpi:
Also "crab" and "crab", and "bird" and "bird" :tpi:
But there is no mistaking Toriyama's visual style, you couldn't get them confused. Pals and Pokemon on the other hand... Pals look like leaks of some upcoming Pokemon title. The design language is identical.

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    im gonna puke
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Laughing face + 2
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    finally, a zelda game where you play as zelda
    it only took 40 years
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @The Real Jdbye, They finally got the naming convention right.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now lets rename all of the old Zelda games to The Legend of Link. Lol.
    they kinda did that with zelda 2 at least it had link in the title
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ssDGBTssUI