+18 / NSFW Profile Settings

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Allow me to explain, it'd be really nice if users could set up their profiles as +18 or NSFW in order to prevent
those who likes to spam profile posts with dumb shit.

It's usually those within the 12-20 years of age, so, setting a profile as +18 or NSFW will automatically filter idiots from spamming profiles with dumb "memes" or idiotic posts.

Of course, if I'm not mistaken, newly registered members must add their age, no? So, even if a user chooses not to show their age, the filter should still apply.

Alternatively, any user can choose whether or not to set their profile as 18+, because I've noticed that some adults do likes to get their profile spammed by discord users.

Also, be aware that: "Huuuur use the ignore function" isn't working. It'd be nice to change "ignore this user" to "block this user" which will disable them from seeing/interacting with you at all.

(Parrot learns to say: "No, use the ignore function." Becomes a GBATEMP mod.)

• Sad
Reactions: SylverReZ

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would this stop people from lying about their age when setting up an account? Stupidity has no (or just weak) correlation with age. Some people around 30 years of age still make lame "jokes" at inappropriate situations. Such behavior is not limited to minors.

This suggestion is yet another instance of "Let's try to solve social problems with technical methods!" -- which usually fails.

Generally two approaches: Whitelist and blacklist (how long until these terms are considered racist).

A whitelist approach is already implemented ("People you follow"). It would solve the issue, but result in overblocking.

I don't use blocking functionalities such as the "Ignore Member"-rubbish and prefer brain.exe to filter out stupidity (but sadly set my profile no "nobody may post" since the stupid messages went too far); but I would have expected the ignore function to prevent the ignored member from posting into your profile. It would backfire otherwise (stupid comment one doesn't notice and therefore not delete/report).

I would go as far as removing the "Ignore Member" functionality altogether -- it solves nothing.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: Xdqwerty

Tuhr

Doctor Spaceballs
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greasemonkey and Tampermonkey can filter profanity, I rarely curse so and I wish others wouldn't. If there is a NSFW filter many would regret it.

Reactions: Xdqwerty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto