Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
The messages are definitely in those files...I just found them as well:

1. Rename "setupnds.ext" to "setupnds.ext.txt."
2. Right-click the file and click "Open With," then choose Firefox. You'll end up with garbled text.
3. In the top menu of the browser, click View>Character Encoding>Japanese (Shift_JIS). If you don't already have "Japanese (Shift_JIS)" as an option on your encoding list, try View>Character Encoding>More Encodings>East Asian.
4. Most of the text will still be garbled, but now you'll be able to do a search for the text.

You can do the same thing for "setupgba.ext." Hope this helps you help us!

hey denetsu3000

first, much thanks for your reply. i tried your method, but i still do not find any of these strings inside of these files. i have chosen "japense shift jis" as character encoding in firefox.. i'm not able to find even one similair character in there .. thats kinda pretty strange...

the next problem is, i've tried like 10 diffrent hex editors, and noone is able to handle those japanase character encoding.
anyway, i would probably know a way to work around that problem, but i really have to find the position of the strings in the files.

any further help would be great. thanks in advance.

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've discovered that the error is coming from my .bmps. I've tried all I can to fix them, so I'll just have to stop the project.
If someone wants to examine them, you can download them here.

treasure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm so sorry, i was so sure i could edit the SETUPGBA.EXT and SETUPNDS.EXT but i have to say i'm sorry it didnt worked out. the problem about it is the japanese characters. if we could find a hex editor that is able to edit files with japanese character encoding, and save them again to a usual file with ansi-characters, we could do it i am pretty sure.

currently i'm (sadly) just messing the files up. they aren't saved properly after editing. i'm very confused about the character-encoding, the sakura firmware doesnt accept the files when saved with japanese character encoding. it seems the .EXT files are somewhat like converted (? ore similair) from a diffrent base-file. it seems to be a usual data file with a few japanese characters that were "converted to the data file"

sorry for my english, but i hope i was able to make clear what i mean.

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can someone try and see if they can fix the bmp's? I really don't want to stop making this skin
frown.gif

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
strata8 said:
Can someone try and see if they can fix the bmp's? I really don't want to stop making this skin
frown.gif
Try to copy the whole image, (cntrl+a, cntrl+c), then past it in a new paint file, then save it in paint as the original image.
This is because photoshop encodes it different then paint.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually making some progress editing setupnds.ext in EditPad. I've managed to alter some of the strings without breaking anything. More as I progress.

[Edit]The relevant strings appear to begin at 00062D29. I modified as much as I can. I also found some other strings not mentioned in the first post that I can't seem to bring up in the menu. If you want to test my patch, please make a backup of /system/setupnds.ext and replace it with the one below. Please be aware that this may break certain things that I'm not yet aware of! (I haven't seen anything broken myself yet, but I don't know if this holds true for anyone else. I don't see why it wouldn't, though.)

[Edit]Corrected file reuploaded: http://www.sendspace.com/file/4livwr

[Edit]I'll change the above link to a direct-download link on my own server when my FTP comes back online.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Great work Densetsu3000, just keep updating, I think that people didn't realize the help of this thread..I still use it for some of my skinning stuff, and when I need some help!! Thanx for running this, and keeping it updated!

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Sorry for double posting everybody, but I've just updated Sakura Manual pack with .ipk file, and made new download because I've messed up the last one..
I would appreciate if somone could verify if everything works as it should..
Here is the link
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2664

It's also in my sig, and Densetsu3000, please update Original Post with this download, and notify it includes .ipk file..
wink.gif

Cheers!!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Great work Densetsu3000, just keep updating, I think that people didn't realize the help of this thread..I still use it for some of my skinning stuff, and when I need some help!! Thanx for running this, and keeping it updated!
Most of the information on this FAQ is just gathered from everyone else's contributions, including yours. You'll notice I try my best to put credits on the FAQ if I can pinpoint the main contributor(s). So there's no need to thank me. It's all you guys, really
wink.gif

*EDIT*
Of course, if anyone has anything to contribute directly the FAQ (or if I'm missing any credits), just send me a PM and I'll put it up.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's not only about knowing information, you gathered it all and you maintain it..So I'm really thankful, and I've been talking to you much lately, so you know I really mean it..
I find this thread most helpful of all, because I've used it more than any other..

Really, you should take credit for it and....
wink.gif

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AXYPB said:
I'm actually making some progress editing setupnds.ext in EditPad. I've managed to alter some of the strings without breaking anything. More as I progress.

[Edit]The relevant strings appear to begin at 00062D29. I modified as much as I can. I also found some other strings not mentioned in the first post that I can't seem to bring up in the menu. If you want to test my patch, please make a backup of /system/setupnds.ext and replace it with the one below. Please be aware that this may break certain things that I'm not yet aware of!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fp351k

[Edit]I'll change the above link to a direct-download link on my own server when my FTP comes back online.
I just finished the equivalent for setupgba.ext. I don't have the GBA Expansion Pack, so I can't test this one at all. Again, use at your own risk and make sure to create backups first.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/be7plj

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AXYPB said:

[Edit]The relevant strings appear to begin at 00062D29. I modified as much as I can. I also found some other strings not mentioned in the first post that I can't seem to bring up in the menu. If you want to test my patch, please make a backup of /system/setupnds.ext and replace it with the one below. Please be aware that this may break certain things that I'm not yet aware of! (I haven't seen anything broken myself yet, but I don't know if this holds true for anyone else. I don't see why it wouldn't, though.)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fp351k

Disregard this, I uploaded the wrong file.

[Edit]Missed one. http://www.sendspace.com/file/4livwr

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since M3 Sakura is a modified Moonshell, is there a "sakura.ini" that saves the settings? I want to turn off GOP skip in the Sakura DPG viewer.

Edit: Wow, the CONFIG menu is working fine now! Nice translation. Only one more file to go till the true 100% translation is done!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i don't see any .ini files in the system folders.

i still think that sakura isn't a modified moonshell...

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
i don't see any .ini files in the system folders.

i still think that sakura isn't a modified moonshell...

Really? But there a so many aspects of Sakura that are from Moonshell. The debug screen, startup animation, bookmarks, and screen saver... etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My 1500ish games is all hand picked and scraped it's taken me months but zero trash well except MAME.... Tried deleting clones and broke the originals uugghh
    +1
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom