The M3 Sakura FAQ

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Densetsu, Jun 4, 2008.

Jun 4, 2008

The M3 Sakura FAQ by Densetsu at 12:31 AM (1,177,715 Views / 2 Likes) 2,117 replies

1. Densetsu
    OP

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States

PLEASE READ - I can no longer recommend the M3 Real / M3i Zero flashcarts, nor can I recommend the TouchPod or M3 Sakura firmware anymore. Since M3i Zero was revised to GMP-Z003, it has locked out most custom firmware (such as WoodM3), effectively destroying any chance of the flashcart ever receiving any third-party support from independent coders. The M3 team is no longer active; the firmware was updated for the last time in early 2011. The M3 Real doesn't work on the 3DS, and apparently neither does the M3i Zero. Many of the previously-working features no longer function properly, and most ROMs released after March 2011 won't run on M3 Sakura or TouchPod anymore unless the ROM itself is pre-patched. There won't be any more support for this card.

For anyone considering getting an M3i Zero, save yourself some headache and get yourself an Acekard 2i with akAIO instead. It's way cheaper than any of the M3 cards and it has much better support (Normmatt and Smiths are boss). You can even get the full M3 Sakura experience on the Acekard 2i if you use MAIO. You can also get either an R4i Gold or a Supercard DSTWO (currently the best card on the market). Another reason to switch to one of these three flashcarts is that the Codemasters Project (CMP) cheat file doesn't support the M3 Real / M3i Zero, so you won't be able to use the latest cheat codes unless you know how to convert the CMP file into the M3 Real-compatible cheat.db format.

For what it's worth, thanks, M3 team. Your flashcart was awesome when you supported it, but now it's one of the worst flashcarts around.

-Den

01/06/2012
    Core Data File v4.1.0
    for M3i Zero Only!
    02/18/2011
    M3 Sakura v1.49X 3rd Edition (M31)
    + TouchPod v4.9aX (M74)
    for M3i Zero & M3 Real
    Mac Users: Use The Unarchiver (or other preferred software) to open the 7-zip file.
    Includes cheat.db updated 2/15/2010
    Remember to back up all saves (via computer or TouchPod) before updating!
    Report any problems with the updated loader (if any) here.
    The M3 Sakura FAQ
    FAQ
    This FAQ is written in sections, and each section is written at different times as new information becomes available, so some sections may contain old/conflicting information. I will try my best to remove any discrepancies, but if you spot any that I have missed, please send me a PM. Also, if you have anything to contribute to the FAQ, if I have not given credit where it is due, or if you find any dead links, just let me know and I'll fix it.
    WARNING!
    Do NOT buy the M3 Real or M3i Zero from the following links, they're fake/clones!
    M3i SDHC Link (discussion thread)​
    Link (confirmed by the official M3Adapter website)​
    Please report any other fakes, along with links, and they will be posted here.​
    For more information on fake M3 Reals, read here.​

Related Links

Related Links
    M3 Sakura Skins
    Skin Downloads
    Skin Resources
    Skin Resources
    Known Bugs
    Known Bugs
    Other Downloads
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2 people like this.

2. strata8

Member strata8 Look! A pointless distraction!

Australia
    I vote for sticky! [​IMG]

3. BoosLee

Newcomer BoosLee Member

Australia
    Yeah, a sticky for this would be great...

4. lilaznkilla

Member lilaznkilla GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Does anyone know if the M3 Sakura supports GBA/NDS linkage?

5. prism1029

Newcomer prism1029 Member

United States
    I'm have problems with my M3 GBA Rumble and RAM pack. The card is detected and RAM works (I tested the Internet Browser), but the pack doesn't rumble, even though the rumble is "On" in the NDS games.

Edit: Maybe it's because I'm using the hacked version of Sakura.

6. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    prism, can't imagine it's a problem with m3sakura.
    the rumble even works on official carts.

7. BoosLee

Newcomer BoosLee Member

Australia
    I've found something that might need fixing (or perhaps someone can tell me how to get the right settings if possible)

Videos files always have the last 3 seconds cut off for me. I tested 3 different videos and the 3 seconds at the end just cuts off to the next one. This never happened on my R4 or DSTT

8. Densetsu
    OP

United States
    Try this:

Press START and go to GUI Settings, then scroll all the way to the bottom and uncheck the box "Enable FastStart movie playback." On the Japanese user manual it says to uncheck this box if you experience unstable playback. Let me know if that works. I have no problems with movies but it might have something to do with my cards being Class 4 and Class 6.

9. BoosLee

Newcomer BoosLee Member

Australia
    Well, i've taken your advice, but still the cutting happens.

I also had a look at my sd card, i've got a class 4 4gb sdhc if it makes any difference

10. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Hmm since it now seems completely safe, I shall try this as soon as I grab one of the NDS's in my house.

Thank you very much (All 4(5?)) of you who have worked to translate and 'fix' this to work with M3 Real :3

This speedboot function, it must truly be godly.
    GBA files can autoboot to or no? :[ I'd love to set Riviera to one of my autoboot functions.

If you don't know it's fine though, I'm in the process of obtaining Riviera for PSP anyhow, so chances are it won't matter too much to me :S

11. thedicemaster

Netherlands
    not possible, unless you can make a GBA-boot tool, and use that(.nds that loads a .GBA game to psram on boot, and then boots it)

12. woland84

Newcomer woland84 Advanced Member

Poland
    Never used it but maybe try something like this http://ezflash.sosuke.com/about6317.html ?

13. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Great work Densetsu3000, you should have done this long time ago!

This should be sticky..

14. chaotic_geo

Member chaotic_geo GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Delete this question:
    Q: Why can't I run CheckDisk, ImageView, MoonShell, etc. on the translated firmware? Any other problems with the English firmware?
    It is not needed to be honest and will only confuse. Credit mercenary69 for his translated skin(s) too please.

Main download link at the top in big letters if you can!
    And most importantly... keep it up. [​IMG]

Bundle pack updated with latest skins and other stuff. [​IMG]

Also you might wanna add a question about the new "system restore" type save back-up, which is pretty damn smart.

@ Toni Plutonij, I want to see your bio skin for Sakura [​IMG]

Also, add on Mercenary69's skin files so others can make skins: http://rapidshare.com/files/120067679/full...y_mercenary.rar

15. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Well, my skin is in the creation phase for few days now..it'll be even more breathtaking than anything you've ever seen.. [​IMG]
    I hope you'll all like it when it's done and released..

16. cosmo2389

Member cosmo2389 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hi! Since this is the FAQ thread, I have a question that maybe someone would know the answer to!

Does homebrew have to remain in the root of the microSD card like in the previous (non-Sakura) firmware?

Thanks!

17. habbah

Newcomer habbah Advanced Member

Canada
    M3 Sakura for US/EUR M3 Real (English GUI, DLDI-patching problem fixed thanks to thedicemaster)

i try to donwload this one but it says the .rar is damaged? any one elce have this issue?

EDIT: it was my download manager. got it to work thanx

18. thedicemaster

Netherlands
    homebrews where never required to be in the root.
    tough most homebrews need their additional data files to be in the root, because they can't locate those files by themselves.

19. ringorinfret

Member ringorinfret GBAtemp Fan

United States

please tell us about that system restore thing....what is it and how to use it...thanks!!

20. Densetsu
    OP

United States
    Thanks for all of your suggestions on the FAQ! Only one more thing:
    Can you tell me everything you know about this function, how to use it and what it does? I'll update the FAQ with this info.

*EDIT*
    BTW I'm loving the new Japanese Sakura skins! I hope someone figures out how to extract the source files from them to be translated (if it's even possible).