The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has been leaked almost 2 weeks from release

zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom.jpg

Nintendo games have the tendency to get leaked days, if not weeks, ahead from the proper release date, and as usual, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is no exception, more so given the anticipation of the sequel to the highly acclaimed Breath of the Wild, released 6 years ago.

The game seems to have been dumped today, May 1st, and shared online already in the familiar NSP and XCI formats, with many already playing it through Ryujinx and Yuzu, though how good compatibility is there with the title is not known yet, but some have cited good performance compared to Switch, which seems to still share the same shuggy gameplay and performance drops that its predecessor had as well in real hardware.

As usual, remember that we don't allow sharing links to ROM sites of any kind, so please avoid posting them.

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get "Failed to set text 'Unable to decrypt NCA section." when trying to apply the update on Ryujinx

Whats wrong?
The 1.1.0 update needs firmware 16.0.0 - you need to install it before applying the update.

It's weird that Nintendo allows the game to run with lower firmware but the update requires the latest version.

Reactions: ElYubiYubi

Tumbleweed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The 1.1.0 update needs firmware 16.0.0 - you need to install it before applying the update.

It's weird that Nintendo allows the game to run with lower firmware but the update requires the latest version.
I'm running 1.1.0 on 15.0.0 so your statement is just wrong, the problem is something else, like sig patches or dunno, but definitely not the FW.

I did update yesterday to 16.0.2 but after that I couldn't play Zelda anymore, "Unable to start software, corrupted blahblah" same happened with Tinfoil but other games I had installed were playing fine I've tried replacing sig patches but just couldnt start TOTK anymore so I've formatted the SD and went back to 15.0.0 inject my save game installed the game and update and voila everything working.

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running 1.1.0 on 15.0.0 so your statement is just wrong, the problem is something else, like sig patches or dunno, but definitely not the FW.

I did update yesterday to 16.0.2 but after that I couldn't play Zelda anymore, "Unable to start software, corrupted blahblah" same happened with Tinfoil but other games I had installed were playing fine I've tried replacing sig patches but just couldnt start TOTK anymore so I've formatted the SD and went back to 15.0.0 inject my save game installed the game and update and voila everything working.
You are running the game on Switch hardware, it's a different issue. With emulators, the update won't install without firmware 16.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
Reason why Nintendo company should release this The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom game on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 to boost sales would hit over 1 Billion. No lies.

Come on Nintendo, you can do that! I want buy The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom game for my PlayStation 4 & 5. B-)

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom for PS5

1683567790797.png

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom for PS4

1683567859924.png

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom game will running solid 60 FPS on PS4 and PS5 due to powerful hardware than Nintendo Switch at 30 FPS. :D

Last edited by console,
  • Haha
Reactions: MichelRT24

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reason why Nintendo company should release this The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom game on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 to boost sales would hit over 1 Billion. No lies.

Come on Nintendo, you can do that! I want buy The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom game for my PlayStation 4 & 5. B-)

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom for PS5

View attachment 369978

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom for PS4

View attachment 369983

Nintendo is so up their ass with their ego that they won't do such a thing, like never.

They want to boost the sales of their shitty hardware so they rely on their exclusives to do so, without the exclusives Nintendo would just not sell hardware at all, since if you could buy them for other consoles which have way better specs, Nintendo's hardware would show their mediocrity day one.
I think just them releasing the games on PC would be enough, but then again, same thing, and they would have to battle hackers and modders on two fronts now, their console and PC as well, which I'm sure they'd love to tackle to send more people into post-mortem debts.

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom game will running solid 60 FPS on PS4 and PS5 due to powerful hardware than Nintendo Switch at 30 FPS. :D

TotK will be Nintendo's last major release for Switch. The new console is coming out at the end of the year / beginning of next year. It's using Nvidia Lovelace chip that's capable of using DLSS3 - that means it can easily double the frame-rate from 30fps to 60fps. I have no doubt that Nintendo is already working on a port for the new console.

Avalyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
TotK will be Nintendo's last major release for Switch. The new console is coming out at the end of the year / beginning of next year. It's using Nvidia Lovelace chip that's capable of using DLSS3 - that means it can easily double the frame-rate from 30fps to 60fps. I have no doubt that Nintendo is already working on a port for the new console.
speculations

Buda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I cannot, for the life of me, apply the 1.1.0 patch on Yuzu.
It just says "file install failed".
Been trying with different keys/firmware combinations with no success.
Tried applying the patch via SAK, nothing.

What am I doing wrong here?

• Haha
Reactions: Beaukilla

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: super basic, but the minigames were well designed