The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has been leaked almost 2 weeks from release

zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom.jpg

Nintendo games have the tendency to get leaked days, if not weeks, ahead from the proper release date, and as usual, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is no exception, more so given the anticipation of the sequel to the highly acclaimed Breath of the Wild, released 6 years ago.

The game seems to have been dumped today, May 1st, and shared online already in the familiar NSP and XCI formats, with many already playing it through Ryujinx and Yuzu, though how good compatibility is there with the title is not known yet, but some have cited good performance compared to Switch, which seems to still share the same shuggy gameplay and performance drops that its predecessor had as well in real hardware.

As usual, remember that we don't allow sharing links to ROM sites of any kind, so please avoid posting them.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i could, but i already used my coupon to preorder and i'm gonna play it then.

just wonder if next time, nintendo decides to make zelda digital only.

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
it needs 16.0.2 (according to various sources I've read). didn't touch it myself, yet ;)
I'm playing it on 16.01.
Post automatically merged:

TOTK has 2 entire new layers to the overworld, the sky and the depths, one of which is a series of movement puzzles, the other is Spooky Scary Hardcore Mode Fight & Explore Zone
TOTK has vehicles & vehicle racing a la Nuts & Bolts
The shrines have a bit more wiggle room for creativity thanks to the versatility of the new abilities
There's no updraft a la Revali's Gale, so unless you find a cave to ascend from, you have to think about movement a lot more
The major dungeons are huge and more like traditional Zelda dungeons than the Divine Beasts were
The story picks up 5-9 years after the end of the first game based on a side quest and the world has changed to reflect that, whole new side quests to do, some of which build off BOTW's side quests and some are more focused on the new things
You can build a house in Tarrey Town, its modular and the modules are functional

For those who don't want to be spoiled, TLDR the game may be on the same engine but it plays differently while still feeling Sequel, if you are calling this game a DLC you might as well say the same about Majora's Mask or A Link Between Worlds
Is it without flaw? Of course not. But I've been playing for 4 days and still have only scratched the surface of this game, that's not what I'd call DLC
So you're say that it's just a really big DLC?

• Haha
Reactions: ganons

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's referring to the "reverse-engineering" required to create the emulator. (Hacking)

My argument still stands - Switch is a weak console that's why it can be emulated. Even if they reverse engineered the PS4, it will be difficult to make the emulator perform adequately on PC today.

Nintendo’s consoles from the NES to the Switch, home consoles and portables - all of them were emulated on the PC. Nintendo will never learn from their mistakes, security is never their forte.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to fix the date and time when you save this game in Ryujinx?, everytime I try its just apear "01-01-1970 00:00" and also I can not select another slot..., I check settings in Ryujinx and ist ok up todate, but not in this game...

1683387750378.png

1683387835645.png

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
My argument still stands - Switch is a weak console that's why it can be emulated.

All systems can be emulated, and it's significantly less demanding to emulate the Switch than other current gen systems based on specs alone. The discovery of a hardwired security bypass in the early models certainly expedited that inevitability. I just disagreed with your claim that hacking wasn't necessary.

Socke81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does anyone know how to fix the date and time when you save this game in Ryujinx?, everytime I try its just apear "01-01-1970 00:00" and also I can not select another slot..., I check settings in Ryujinx and ist ok up todate, but not in this game...
I also have this problem. I tried Mario and there the date is displayed correctly in the savegame. Is a problem with the emulator. Do you also have crashes from time to time?

My argument still stands
The games are encrypted. The key to decrypt the games is on the console. You can't get the key without hacking the console. No games, no emulator.
The hardware is also important but the Xbox and Playstation consoles are almost normal PCs in terms of hardware. It's different from Nintendo. I think it also lacks the sense since more and more games also come to the PC. Even from Sony.

Last edited by Socke81,

CaliousKai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blame youtubers and twitter for this recent crusade against nintendo nowadays and trying to justify piracy.
Trust me friend i blame more youtubers than twitter as i work for it and frankley im sick.of havi g to block things about ot while having nintendo on my case like a needy brat.

Buda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Yuzu is giving me the "The key are key for this application type and crypto revision could not be found" error.
I have 16.0.2 keys so what else could be wrong?

edit
Use 16.0.1 keys and firmware and it launches!

Working on Ryujinx but with a crappy framerate and random crashes. The 60fps patch makes it run smoothly but in slo-mo.

Also, I agree with the haters, this game does not seem like fun so far. I've spent 200 hours in BoW and think of it as a masterpiece. But this crafting and fusing stuff is such a pace breaker. You run up to bunch of stuff on the floor and start fusing, positioning and rotating each element. What can I say, welcome to 2023. If this is really the main focus/gimmick of this game, it's gonna get pretty old pretty fast for me.
As for the DLC debate, I kinda agree. There is simply not enough difference. You start out in your underpants and tree branches, you solve shrines, you find Koroks. And instead of filling the wonderful overworld with actual stuff, they created more empty lands in the sky and underground? Geez.

Let me also say this, Majora used a ton of Ocarina's visual and audio assets but was a completely different game. There is no way you could argue that Majora was a DLC. But this....sorry, I'm not feeling it. They took 6 years and moved to a new hardware (since BoW was a WiiU game) but it still looks and feels the same? What a shame.
I think a good comparison would be Galaxy and Galaxy 2, despite the fact that those were both made for the same system. Those game were also super similar but at least Galaxy 2 improved on the original in every aspect. Slapping this fusing gimmick and making an underground/floating islands maps is not the same.

Last edited by Buda,
Reactions: Bladexdsl

Kagami-san

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.These-Internets.com
XP
Country
United States
That your signature patches aren't properly installed. Try to copy them over again.
Okay, I fixed the issues I had beenhaving previously on my new SD by starting from scratch (this all started after recent update...) and no matter what sig patches I use I have problems. But I started a new SD card and I haven't had any problems yet... until Zelda Tiers of the Kingdom.

What am I doing wrong here? I know they are the latest ones. I updated them TODAY from multiple reputable sources and they do match.

What do u mean by "copy it over again" when you say that to him? I mean, I copy it over to the SD and replace.. sometimes I'll go back in the folder and make sure the directory didn't get screwed up but what else do i need to do?

any help u can provide is greatly appreciated.

Okay, I fixed the issues I had beenhaving previously on my new SD by starting from scratch (this all started after recent update...) and no matter what sig patches I use I have problems. But I started a new SD card and I haven't had any problems yet... until Zelda Tiers of the Kingdom.

What am I doing wrong here? I know they are the latest ones. I updated them TODAY from multiple reputable sources and they do match.

What do u mean by "copy it over again" when you say that to him? I mean, I copy it over to the SD and replace.. sometimes I'll go back in the folder and make sure the directory didn't get screwed up but what else do i need to do?

Anyone at all, I just need the sig patch for Zelda Tiers of the Kingdom :(

Yuzu is giving me the "The key are key for this application type and crypto revision could not be found" error.
I have 16.0.2 keys so what else could be wrong?

edit
Use 16.0.1 keys and firmware and it launches!

Working on Ryujinx but with a crappy framerate and random crashes. The 60fps patch makes it run smoothly but in slo-mo.

Also, I agree with the haters, this game does not seem like fun so far. I've spent 200 hours in BoW and think of it as a masterpiece. But this crafting and fusing stuff is such a pace breaker. You run up to bunch of stuff on the floor and start fusing, positioning and rotating each element. What can I say, welcome to 2023. If this is really the main focus/gimmick of this game, it's gonna get pretty old pretty fast for me.
As for the DLC debate, I kinda agree. There is simply not enough difference. You start out in your underpants and tree branches, you solve shrines, you find Koroks. And instead of filling the wonderful overworld with actual stuff, they created more empty lands in the sky and underground? Geez.

Let me also say this, Majora used a ton of Ocarina's visual and audio assets but was a completely different game. There is no way you could argue that Majora was a DLC. But this....sorry, I'm not feeling it. They took 6 years and moved to a new hardware (since BoW was a WiiU game) but it still looks and feels the same? What a shame.
I think a good comparison would be Galaxy and Galaxy 2, despite the fact that those were both made for the same system. Those game were also super similar but at least Galaxy 2 improved on the original in every aspect. Slapping this fusing gimmick and making an underground/floating islands maps is not the same.
That's interesting because my issue started with the upgrade to 0.0.2+ and I finally have it working except for the sig patch (I assume that's why it won't load,) for Tears of the Kingdom ...

Last edited by Kagami-san,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Anyone at all, I just need the sig patch for Zelda Tiers of the Kingdom :(

That's interesting because my issue started with the upgrade to 0.0.2+ and I finally have it working except for the sig patch (I assume that's why it won't load,) for Tears of the Kingdom ...

I'd be careful about conflating information about Yuzu and a Switch. Are you to able play other games?

Last edited by tabzer,

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Play with Yuzu - download the latest v3 patch, it fixed the date issue.

Make sure you use the latest Yuzu Early Access and has the TotK 1.1.0 update installed. I find it hilarious that pirates are already playing the game with the latest update from Nintendo when it's not even out yet.

A word of advise: Be careful where you download the latest Yuzu, there is virus in it - including that pineapple at github.

Last edited by Nincompoopdo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1