The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has been leaked almost 2 weeks from release

zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom.jpg

Nintendo games have the tendency to get leaked days, if not weeks, ahead from the proper release date, and as usual, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is no exception, more so given the anticipation of the sequel to the highly acclaimed Breath of the Wild, released 6 years ago.

The game seems to have been dumped today, May 1st, and shared online already in the familiar NSP and XCI formats, with many already playing it through Ryujinx and Yuzu, though how good compatibility is there with the title is not known yet, but some have cited good performance compared to Switch, which seems to still share the same shuggy gameplay and performance drops that its predecessor had as well in real hardware.

As usual, remember that we don't allow sharing links to ROM sites of any kind, so please avoid posting them.

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
View attachment 369038
Hmm its working perfectly fine here on Ryujinx just did a update.. I haven't gotten around to trying Yuzu yet.. As Ryu is working really well for me 25 to 30 fps...
Could you please tell me your settings in Ryujinx ? :)

And for those who runs it in Yuzu, what are the settings there ?

Reactions: SuperDan

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is an unnecessarily aggressive take, in my opinion. The Switch is home to many popular and successful titles of all different genres, with Zelda games being a textbook example of this. Comparing TotK to the other games you mentioned is essentially comparing apples to oranges--and based on your tone, I suspect you haven't even played TotK anyway.

If you don't like it, that's fine. But Tears of the Kingdom, even as unoptimized as it currently is on emulators, is far from a broad-scale "repulsive mess".
I've played BotW, and from my understanding TotK isn't all that different from it - aside from being able to combine weapons together.

And if you compare it to other open-world games, like my preferred Ghost of Tsushima or Assassin's Creed Origin, or to other Legend of Zelda games (such as, say, the GameCube or N64 ones - and their Wii U/3DS remasters/remakes respectively), then it is, indeed, a "repulsive mess" of game design and art style.

Sure, I can't fairly compare it to stuff like Xenoblade or Pikmin - except for how those are far more respectful of the player's time.

MYFW

Trophies
XP
Country
converted the 60 fps patch to ips and overclocked the switch to the maximum lol

-snip-

Post automatically merged:

60 fps on ryujinx and 60 fps on switch (higher overclocked)
more stable on switch of course,

Where is the cheat link?

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've played BotW, and from my understanding TotK isn't all that different from it - aside from being able to combine weapons together.

And if you compare it to other open-world games, like my preferred Ghost of Tsushima or Assassin's Creed Origin, or to other Legend of Zelda games (such as, say, the GameCube or N64 ones - and their Wii U/3DS remasters/remakes respectively), then it is, indeed, a "repulsive mess" of game design and art style.

Sure, I can't fairly compare it to stuff like Xenoblade or Pikmin - except for how those are far more respectful of the player's time.
Comparing a Zelda game to Ghost of Tsushima is beyond ludicrous, but you might want to consider simply saying you don't particularly like something (or not, in this case, since you haven't even played it) rather than trying to make out it's garbage, and therefore implying that people who do like it somehow have inferior taste to you.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you please tell me your settings in Ryujinx ? :)

And for those who runs it in Yuzu, what are the settings there ?
I didn't chnage anything. I just did my controller settings

The latest Yuzu early access v3556 + patch-v2 runs the game better than Ryujinx, but has some weird graphics error like Minecraft pixelated clouds (lol). Those with a slower PC will have a better experience with Yuzu.

Strange thing I noticed: Ryujinx has a locked 20fps by default when Vsync is on. Yuzu behaves normally with locked 30fps vsync.
Works well here definitely playable im 7 hours in

False of all falsehood, neither Yuzu nor Ryujinx are working with the game The Legend of Zelda - Tears of the Kingdom, from now on, both have it blocked so that it does not work, they will have their reasons, tested by me, several times with different files and updates in both applications, even, with the latest Yuzu v3556, those who say yes, are talking donkey feathers.
IMG_20230505_061628.jpg

Its working fine on Ryujinx.... Today...

Last edited by SuperDan,

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
This statement is false. You will realize that once you play, and you obviously can do it right now.

The movement is the same, and one of the three maps has lots of familiar places. Aside of that, whole other game with whole other experience. To be vague, the story has more fragments now, the emphasis on collecting rare stuff is much greater and the sense of being an anonymous traveler surviving on the wilderness has gone.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This statement is false. You will realize that once you play, and you obviously can do it right now.

The movement is the same, and one of the three maps has lots of familiar places. Aside of that, whole other game with whole other experience. To be vague, the story has more fragments now, the emphasis on collecting rare stuff is much greater and the sense of being an anonymous traveler surviving on the wilderness has gone.
FACTS !! it way different in many ways already ! the towers throw you miles in the air ( im so glad i dont have to climb all them again like last time ! ) link feels exactly the same in figting running ect ..but the overworld is completely changed ..sky islands of course ..& there a rumor that there is a massive cave system under hyrule ... you collect poes now like the N64 zeldas , ect ect ,,
nnt7np5iyxxa1.jpg

Reactions: BigOnYa

Tails54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Deleted member 194275

Trophies
XP
FACTS !! it way different in many ways already ! the towers throw you miles in the air ( im so glad i dont have to climb all them again like last time ! ) link feels exactly the same in figting running ect ..but the overworld is completely changed ..sky islands of course ..& there a rumor that there is a massive cave system under hyrule ... you collect poes now like the N64 zeldas , ect ect ,,
View attachment 369147

There are indeed a massive cave system underground, and although huge, is far from empty. From the point were I am at I can't tell if those underground caves are all connected, but the entries (called chasms) are all over the place.

There is also regular caves to explore, those reward you with a specific collectable (the game is filled with collectables like those, it will be a heaven for who like this kind of stuff and a hell for who does not).

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did they remove limited stamina? Did they make weapons unbreakable, or at least make them a hell of a lot more durable with ways to repair preferred equipment, and ways to pass on equipment skills (like crit up) to other equipment?

Did they add dev-placed map markers to give players direction, to allow players to plan out their playthrough by deciding what bit of content they want to do now and what to do later? To make the game actually respectful of players' time and patience?

Did they allow you to fully max out both hearts and stamina, if the latter's still present, since that wasn't possible in BotW no matter how many goddamn Spirit Orbs you collected?
Did they put in actual goddamn dungeons to at least make it slightly worthy to bear the "Legend of Zelda" moniker, worthy of representing the series and its amazing legacy?

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are indeed a massive cave system underground, and although huge, is far from empty. From the point were I am at I can't tell if those underground caves are all connected, but the entries (called chasms) are all over the place.

There is also regular caves to explore, those reward you with a specific collectable (the game is filled with collectables like those, it will be a heaven for who like this kind of stuff and a hell for who does not).
Its frigging huge.. I thinking most people who say its the dame as before or its just a DLC hasn't really played it at all just talking pure poo

Did they remove limited stamina? Did they make weapons unbreakable, or at least make them a hell of a lot more durable with ways to repair preferred equipment, and ways to pass on equipment skills (like crit up) to other equipment?

Did they add dev-placed map markers to give players direction, to allow players to plan out their playthrough by deciding what bit of content they want to do now and what to do later? To make the game actually respectful of players' time and patience?

Did they allow you to fully max out both hearts and stamina, if the latter's still present, since that wasn't possible in BotW no matter how many goddamn Spirit Orbs you collected?
Did they put in actual goddamn dungeons to at least make it slightly worthy to bear the "Legend of Zelda" moniker, worthy of representing the series and its amazing legacy?
Yes yes yes.. Not sure i only 7 hours in weapons break but adding rock ect with Fuze makes them much more stronger so far markers seem more on point... & yeah there's caves all iver the place & i have not hit the underground caves but they exist... It's Nintendo's Skyrim this time

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
False of all falsehood, neither Yuzu nor Ryujinx are working with the game The Legend of Zelda - Tears of the Kingdom, from now on, both have it blocked so that it does not work, they will have their reasons, tested by me, several times with different files and updates in both applications, even, with the latest Yuzu v3556, those who say yes, are talking donkey feathers.
Sorry for my previous comment, apparently there was something corrupted in the folder called "games", so I proceeded to delete it and Ryujinx is working back again with The Legend of Zelda - Tears of The Kingdom game. I know that I have to star over, but that is better than nothing.

1683290885385.png

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for my previous comment, apparently there was something corrupted in the folder called "games", so I proceeded to delete it and Ryujinx is working back again with The Legend of Zelda - Tears of The Kingdom game. I know that I have to star over, but that is better than nothing.

View attachment 369160
Glad you got it working again !! hope you wasn't to far in!

Reactions: BoxNinPlay

Deleted member 194275

Trophies
XP
Its frigging huge.. I thinking most people who say its the dame as before or its just a DLC hasn't really played it at all just talking pure poo
Nintendo games are automatically hated in public, and played to death in private. I don't know why things came to be this way, but it is what it is.

The gaming press/"influencers" also love that. Passion and hate make people click and I already saw articles and people suggesting that are microtransaction in this game on the title, just because you can buy items in game, so they make look on title that you use real money to do that, and this is obviously false.

Also, I forgot to thank my patrons that financed this game by buying it original. I having a lots of fun before you, but you can spend some time on internet hating this game while you wait.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y