The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has been leaked almost 2 weeks from release

zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom.jpg

Nintendo games have the tendency to get leaked days, if not weeks, ahead from the proper release date, and as usual, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is no exception, more so given the anticipation of the sequel to the highly acclaimed Breath of the Wild, released 6 years ago.

The game seems to have been dumped today, May 1st, and shared online already in the familiar NSP and XCI formats, with many already playing it through Ryujinx and Yuzu, though how good compatibility is there with the title is not known yet, but some have cited good performance compared to Switch, which seems to still share the same shuggy gameplay and performance drops that its predecessor had as well in real hardware.

As usual, remember that we don't allow sharing links to ROM sites of any kind, so please avoid posting them.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Eh, doesn't matter; it's not worth wasting your time downloading, installing and playing this abomination, when there's countless better games.
Pikmin 3, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Xenoblade 1-3, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Advance Wars, Super Mario Odyssey, Luigi's Mansion 3, etc. All of these are worth playing, not this repulsive mess.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, doesn't matter; it's not worth wasting your time downloading, installing and playing this abomination, when there's countless better games.
Pikmin 3, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Xenoblade 1-3, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Advance Wars, Super Mario Odyssey, Luigi's Mansion 3, etc. All of these are worth playing, not this repulsive mess.
This is an unnecessarily aggressive take, in my opinion. The Switch is home to many popular and successful titles of all different genres, with Zelda games being a textbook example of this. Comparing TotK to the other games you mentioned is essentially comparing apples to oranges--and based on your tone, I suspect you haven't even played TotK anyway.

If you don't like it, that's fine. But Tears of the Kingdom, even as unoptimized as it currently is on emulators, is far from a broad-scale "repulsive mess".

Reactions: Impossible_Igntiz

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They weren't. People claiming it's "dlc" cause it uses the same base game are just crazy. it has some of the same base landmarks but even those are vastly different. Theres pretty much no place you can place the camera and say "this looks the same as it did before." They kept the topology and some landmarks, and thats pretty much it. Theres always something new everywhere you go. Theres enough new stuff on the overworld alone for it to not be considered "dlc," but thats not all there is. Theres the sky island, caves, and even an entire underground area thats the same size of the overworld, all with its own bunch of content. The games got a shit ton of problems with it and if somebody doesn't like it, they have every right to, but saying its just "dlc" that took 5 years is just disingenuous.
Im exactly with you on this... I find it funny how people judge the game & have not finished it or probably play it.... Its seems like a excellent game to me im pretty much trying not to play it too much as i want it on my Oled screen... It's a Zelda game its bound to be full of random things.. Secrets galore until you finish it 100% you just don't know anything really.. I was going through BOTW just before this gae & i was find new things here and there as i was taking me sweet time this time around.... But anyways people enjoying talking shit... Often about stuff they don't know about
Post automatically merged:

hoi boy guess who just uploaded this to their site? a certain girl :creep:
Fatgirl? She a bit brave for that Nintendo Ninjas might try some legal stuff perhaps

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing around with both Ryujinx and Yuzu. Yuzu has been much better, fixing odd texture bugs, inconsistent frame rates, and other issues from Ryujinx. I have run into a few issues (like Ultrahand not working unless GPU accuracy is set to high) but all-around it looks very promising.

Reactions: Tails54321

Tails54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Glad everyone is enjoying the game so far! Im loving the fact that you can just travel anywhere once again!
I heard reggie had some eviscerated for posting about it, LOL! People can't contain their level of hype!

Great that yuzu is also working well now too... I currently use ryujinx for super mario bros 35 since nintendo shut down servers of that game

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently our friends at Ryujinx have sent an update that no longer allows us to play (run) only and exclusively the game The Legend of Zelda - Tears of the Kingdom, the others continue to run super well. Has the same thing happened to anyone else? It happened to me today, until this morning it was working wonderfully for me, I've updated everything to see if that fixes it, but nothing, it doesn't run anymore, what a shame for those of us who don't have a console: (

Reactions: SuperDan

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe Nintendo allowed that leak so that we could do tests, who knows, surely they have their staff here infiltrated who read all the comments and do their tests and adjust based on that, after all, that way Nintendo doesn't have to pay a personal extra to investigate all the problems that the game may have.

• Haha
Reactions: depaul

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently our friends at Ryujinx have sent an update that no longer allows us to play (run) only and exclusively the game The Legend of Zelda - Tears of the Kingdom, the others continue to run super well. Has the same thing happened to anyone else? It happened to me today, until this morning it was working wonderfully for me, I've updated everything to see if that fixes it, but nothing, it doesn't run anymore, what a shame for those of us who don't have a console: (
Yuzu early access has a new version every few hrs now. Grab them at that pineapple github.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_20230504_191626.jpg

Hmm its working perfectly fine here on Ryujinx just did a update.. I haven't gotten around to trying Yuzu yet.. As Ryu is working really well for me 25 to 30 fps...

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm its working perfectly fine here on Ryujinx just did a update.. I haven't gotten around to trying Yuzu yet.. As Ryu is working really well for me 25 to 30 fps...
The latest Yuzu early access v3556 + patch-v2 runs the game better than Ryujinx, but has some weird graphics error like Minecraft pixelated clouds (lol). Those with a slower PC will have a better experience with Yuzu.

Strange thing I noticed: Ryujinx has a locked 20fps by default when Vsync is on. Yuzu behaves normally with locked 30fps vsync.

Reactions: SuperDan

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
False of all falsehood, neither Yuzu nor Ryujinx are working with the game The Legend of Zelda - Tears of the Kingdom, from now on, both have it blocked so that it does not work, they will have their reasons, tested by me, several times with different files and updates in both applications, even, with the latest Yuzu v3556, those who say yes, are talking donkey feathers.

• Haha
Reactions: SuperDan and Xzi

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
False of all falsehood, neither Yuzu nor Ryujinx are working with the game The Legend of Zelda - Tears of the Kingdom, from now on, both have it blocked so that it does not work, they will have their reasons, tested by me, several times with different files and updates in both applications, even, with the latest Yuzu v3556, those who say yes, are talking donkey feathers.
I don't know if you are being sarcastic and making a joke? I just updated Ryujinx to the latest a min ago and it runs fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol