The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has been leaked almost 2 weeks from release

zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom.jpg

Nintendo games have the tendency to get leaked days, if not weeks, ahead from the proper release date, and as usual, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is no exception, more so given the anticipation of the sequel to the highly acclaimed Breath of the Wild, released 6 years ago.

The game seems to have been dumped today, May 1st, and shared online already in the familiar NSP and XCI formats, with many already playing it through Ryujinx and Yuzu, though how good compatibility is there with the title is not known yet, but some have cited good performance compared to Switch, which seems to still share the same shuggy gameplay and performance drops that its predecessor had as well in real hardware.

As usual, remember that we don't allow sharing links to ROM sites of any kind, so please avoid posting them.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wait a min, you can play online with a hacked switch on sysnand while run backups through emunand?
That's the alternative.
However if you only boot your sysNAND with Atmosphère and only run Checkpoint to inject your save, you should be fine. I take no responsibility of course but I did this twice in the past and haven't been banned. I took my emuNAND saves of Mario Maker 2 and Diablo 3 to the sysNAND that way, so I can play online and it worked.

MJ2k23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just as I feared, TotK feels like a DLC of BotW to me, and I still haven't recovered from the fatigue cause by many hours of BotW. Not sure I will be able to finish that game.

DLC, really? Why, cause the overworld has the same general map? Completely new dungeons, shrines, mechanics, enemies, weapons, characters, story, upgrades, abilities, bosses, etc ..oh, not to mention a shitload of floating islands, and an entirely new fucking layer of the world that's underground and spans the entire map. If you consider all that "DLC", what exactly do you consider an actual game? Because this game probably has more content than anything released since BoTW. The amount of new content is mind-boggling, and what's reused is very little.

And you haven't recovered from the fatigue? It's been 6 years. Maybe it's not your cup of tea, and that's fine, but calling it DLC is just absurd and insane. Literally everything is new.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wait a min, you can play online with a hacked switch on sysnand while run backups through emunand?
That's the whole point of having a sysNAND-emuNAND-setup.
The sysNAND stays clean of hacks, CFW, installed titles and all that stuff.
Only exception is booting it with Atmosphère once in a while to inject a save game. I recommend staying offline while doing that.

Reactions: leon315

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
DLC, really? Why, cause the overworld has the same general map? Completely new dungeons, shrines, mechanics, enemies, weapons, characters, story, upgrades, abilities, bosses, etc ..oh, not to mention a shitload of floating islands, and an entirely new fucking layer of the world that's underground and spans the entire map. If you consider all that "DLC", what exactly do you consider an actual game? Because this game probably has more content than anything released since BoTW. The amount of new content is mind-boggling, and what's reused is very little.

And you haven't recovered from the fatigue? It's been 6 years. Maybe it's not your cup of tea, and that's fine, but calling it DLC is just absurd and insane. Literally everything is new.
Stop shaking. We got it, you love Nintendo and you take it personally.
Fact is, the game still looks 100% like BotW, same textures, same movements, same empty and soulless world, same/similar shrine concept, same stutters. I spent hundreds of hours playing BotW until it started to bore me. And when I play TotK, I get the same vibes of boredom that BotW gave me after all those hours.
And you don't have to be so defensive about it (even though we both know that your N-cult is expecting that from you ;)). Even though it's a DLC, it's an okay DLC. People will still enjoy that DLC. There's nothing wrong with DLCs in general, at least if they are good. And this DLC seems to be quite moderate, so no reason to worry.

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TotK is now working on Yuzu. There's a patch online that allows Yuzu to run it - search for it.
There are some issues with this patch fyi, notably grass stops rendering soon after playing. it's truly odd, but you'll start wandering through bare field of dirt. It does, however, render the underground properly.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm actually trying to get into the
great chasm
but its very dark and the floor is not loaded. (I'm on ryujinx)

At the very least i got
Auto Build...
with a
Yiga Clan Boss

I've been playing for a while and i've also fought against
Thunder Gleelok
and a
Ganon Blight
that gives me his sword and a bow.

Anywho i'm on
great plateau
i crashed trying to enter a cave
Check the important post and write in that thread please

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirGDuzLvkQ +1