Hacking The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Trainer [eShop/EU] [Beta]

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nonsense. Everything from the Season Pass has been released. That's it.
Yup. Pretty much.

Now we wait and see how long it takes them to make another Zelda game. Maybe when Nintendo is about to release thier next console, they will announce a new Zelda game?

Nintendo took years and years to develop Zelda BOTW. I'm sure they will take the same time or longer when making the new Zelda. But they need to make thier new console first, so they know the hardware limitations, before they even start making a new Zelda game.

But they could just make a new Zelda game for the switch to be honest. I don't think they will though. Because they will have to top BOTW, and I just don't think the switch will be capable of that.

But who knows, anything is possible. This is just my best guess.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yup. Pretty much.

Now we wait and see how long it takes them to make another Zelda game. Maybe when Nintendo is about to release thier next console, they will announce a new Zelda game?

Nintendo took years and years to develop Zelda BOTW. I'm sure they will take the same time or longer when making the new Zelda. But they need to make thier new console first, so they know the hardware limitations, before they even start making a new Zelda game.

But they could just make a new Zelda game for the switch to be honest. I don't think they will though. Because they will have to top BOTW, and I just don't think the switch will be capable of that.

But who knows, anything is possible. This is just my best guess.
This is getting off topic, but tbh I don't think it'll take that long. What took all the time was creating the engine which they have now.
Also die Switch seems to become as successful as the Wii so it's very likely we'll see another Zelda game on the Switch.

JennaScvl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe when Nintendo is about to release thier next console, they will announce a new Zelda game?

Maybe I'm just super cynical, but with the current pattern, they'll wait till the console after that one. Think about it... Wii had one, but it was a Gamecube port, then they came out with one specifically for the Wii but only at the end of its life cycle. Then they announced one they were making for WiiU but only at the end of its life cycle and it turned out to have been delayed for the Switch, same as Twilight Princess for GameCube.

This seems to be the pattern.

* Console in need of its own Zelda.
* Ignore that console till everyone's given up on that console.
* Announce Zelda game
* Delay release of Zelda game till next console
* Use new Zelda game to sell next console
* Only release new Zelda game on originally announced console to avoid backlash
* Never release another new Zelda game on next console until the end of it's life
* Port older Zelda games to console after next console
* Repeat process

So I'm not holding my breath. There probably won't be a new Zelda game until the Switch is dying because the novelty of it has worn off. Even then if there is another for Switch, it'll either be delayed for the console after the Switch, or it'll be the last gasp of the Switch, and the console after it will launch without a Zelda just to get an HD update of Skyward Sword mid way through its life span and maaaaaybe BOTW toward the end of its life span because the fans won't stop complaining. Then at the end of THAT console's life, there'll be another one announced, and what'll it be? Delayed to be a release title for the console after that one.

Don't get me wrong, Nintendo has awesome consoles, but they seem to have lost the plot on both 1st party and 3rd party support

GamePil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe I'm just super cynical, but with the current pattern, they'll wait till the console after that one. Think about it... Wii had one, but it was a Gamecube port, then they came out with one specifically for the Wii but only at the end of its life cycle. Then they announced one they were making for WiiU but only at the end of its life cycle and it turned out to have been delayed for the Switch, same as Twilight Princess for GameCube.

This seems to be the pattern.

* Console in need of its own Zelda.
* Ignore that console till everyone's given up on that console.
* Announce Zelda game
* Delay release of Zelda game till next console
* Use new Zelda game to sell next console
* Only release new Zelda game on originally announced console to avoid backlash
* Never release another new Zelda game on next console until the end of it's life
* Port older Zelda games to console after next console
* Repeat process

So I'm not holding my breath. There probably won't be a new Zelda game until the Switch is dying because the novelty of it has worn off. Even then if there is another for Switch, it'll either be delayed for the console after the Switch, or it'll be the last gasp of the Switch, and the console after it will launch without a Zelda just to get an HD update of Skyward Sword mid way through its life span and maaaaaybe BOTW toward the end of its life span because the fans won't stop complaining. Then at the end of THAT console's life, there'll be another one announced, and what'll it be? Delayed to be a release title for the console after that one.

Don't get me wrong, Nintendo has awesome consoles, but they seem to have lost the plot on both 1st party and 3rd party support
Honestly Nintendo might as well move on to developing games for other Consoles or PC. They still make some of the best games but their home consoles cinda s*ck. I liked the Wii U but it barely had any games at launch since the gamepad and low performance made it kinda hard to Develop for it. And since the Wii U failed because of the lack of games at launch 3rd party devs had even fewer reasons to develop for it. Now they tried taking the flopped WII U and the very successful DS and combined it to the Switch which is still a pretty good console but it has a lower performance because its a portable console and it barely had any launch titles either. Now they are in even bigger trouble since the Switch was meant to not only replace the WII U but also the 3DS so they are basically stuck with only 1 console that barely anyone owns. They are probably better of giving up their own consoles and either move on to only develop games for other platfroms or develope for PC only if they realy need their gadgets (since i dont think they will have much luck with that on consoles). But lets be real, what gadgets do they realy need? They have kind of given up on new gadgets since motion controls. They only realy used the touch screen on the WII U and Switch since it was a feature of the consoles and not because they realy needed it for their games.

Also they could go full on handheld consoles since they seem to be good at that and there is no real competition since Sony gave up on the PS Vita

JennaScvl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
their home consoles cinda s*ck.

I respectfully disagree.

... the Wii U ... low performance made it kinda hard to Develop for it.

Wait, what? The Wii U's actual performance is between the XBox360/PS3 and XBoxOne/PS4. This is most noticeable on Injustice Gods, where the non-Nintendo consoles experience severe framerate loss during certain moves, but the WiiU doesn't even flinch. The WiiU could easily have handled Skyrim. The real reason for the lack of 3rd party support was the lack of an install base. Most gamers were confused about the WiiU because it was released at the same time as the cut down Wii that lacked GameCube support, and they just assumed it was another Wii variant with more of the same on motion controlled games that are only really suitable for small and elderly people in retirement homes.

I myself only have a WiiU, or for that matter even found out the WiiU even existed because I was searching for HD texture packs for Windwaker to use on the Dolphin emulator. While looking, I found out that Windwaker HD was coming out for WiiU. I looked up the WiiU and discovered it existed. This was a full half year AFTER the console even came out in the first place. I rushed out and bought it, and preordered Windwaker.

The rest of your comment shows a lot of other misconceptions about Nintendo consoles. The switch is not a combination of the DS and WiiU... If anything the WiiU is a conceptual combination of the Wii and the DS, but hardware wise it's a dramatically souped up Wii. The Switch is neither. The closest you get to DS is that CPU wise, it's a later generation of the same CPU architecture (Nvidia Tegra X1 uses a much later generation Arm architecture for cpu work), and GPU wise it's far beyond either, and utilizes a completely different architecture than any Wii variant or DS (3DS or otherwise).

Anyway, back on subject ok? I'm still waiting anxiously for a final trainer or code list for WiiU BOTW... I've actually put off playing it any further until more codes come out. I beat the game 90 different ways on Switch, 20 different ways on WiiU, and I can't justify playing it any further without code based shenanigans to freshen it up.

Last edited by JennaScvl,

GamePil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I respectfully disagree.

Wait, what? The Wii U's actual performance is between the XBox360/PS3 and XBoxOne/PS4. This is most noticeable on Injustice Gods, where the non-Nintendo consoles experience severe framerate loss during certain moves, but the WiiU doesn't even flinch. The WiiU could easily have handled Skyrim. The real reason for the lack of 3rd party support was the lack of an install base. Most gamers were confused about the WiiU because it was released at the same time as the cut down Wii that lacked GameCube support, and they just assumed it was another Wii variant with more of the same on motion controlled games that are only really suitable for small and elderly people in retirement homes.

I myself only have a WiiU, or for that matter even found out the WiiU even existed because I was searching for HD texture packs for Windwaker to use on the Dolphin emulator. While looking, I found out that Windwaker HD was coming out for WiiU. I looked up the WiiU and discovered it existed. This was a full half year AFTER the console even came out in the first place. I rushed out and bought it, and preordered Windwaker.

The rest of your comment shows a lot of other misconceptions about Nintendo consoles. The switch is not a combination of the DS and WiiU... If anything the WiiU is a conceptual combination of the Wii and the DS, but hardware wise it's a dramatically souped up Wii. The Switch is neither. The closest you get to DS is that CPU wise, it's a later generation of the same CPU architecture (Nvidia Tegra X1 uses a much later generation Arm architecture for cpu work), and GPU wise it's far beyond either, and utilizes a completely different architecture than any Wii variant or DS (3DS or otherwise).

Anyway, back on subject ok? I'm still waiting anxiously for a final trainer or code list for WiiU BOTW... I've actually put off playing it any further until more codes come out. I beat the game 90 different ways on Switch, 20 different ways on WiiU, and I can't justify playing it any further without code based shenanigans to freshen it up.

Thats still not that good performance. The Wii U was released just a year before the PS4 so it was basically a competetor for the next-gen consoles. Or it would've been if Nintendo would actually want to compete. They kinda wanna stay out of the console war and just want to mind their own buisness which is great as long as it works but it just didnt for the WII U they totally messed up the marketing and the games. Who at Nintendo thought that Wii U would be a good name? Especially because the console doesnt even look that different from the Wii. As i saw the Wii U in a store for the first time i legit thought it was just another version of the Wii like a Wii Slim. They would've been better of calling it the Wii 2 or think of a new name. I think a lot of people where also confused because all Nintendo homeconsoles except for the NES and SNES had completely different names. They never repeated a home console name.
If Nintendo really wants to keep making consoles (it looks like they want to) than they really need to get some third-party games and also dont make stupid gadgets like the Wii U gamepad (a great idea but finding a use for it in games not designed for it is hard). Was the Wii U gamepad really necesarry? The only game that i can think of that it was good for was Raymond Legend but that game was supposed to be exclusive so it was developed for it. I cant even think of a use for it in the games released by Nintendo. Like revealing coins or pacing platforms in NSMB that just make the game even easier. The thing could be removed and 99% of game would still work fine. I honestly like the concept of the Switch. Just a portable console. Has always worked for Nintendo. But the Switch still has problems. 1. it was released in between console cycles. 2. It is still not as powerfull as next-gen (close but most games will still look worst on Switch compared to all other consoles). 3. It still has no games. What did it realy have on release? Breath of the Wild (which was also available on the Wii U so it isnt really a reason to upgrade). I dont even think Mario was available on release.
I still like Nintendo but they need to get their sh*t together. If they fail in the console marked they are f*cked. Sony and Especially Microsoft can live without Consoles/videogames but its all Nintendo got so they better not fail again. I actually liked the Wii U but just look at it on paper. Subpar performance and barely any games. Its kinda a console you need to get as a 2nd console. If you already have a PS4/XBO and you can still aford it then you can get it for the exclusives. I only got it because i already had a Gaming PC and i really wanted the Nintendo Exclusives.

And to get back on your topic: There are still many people searching for codes in this game and im sure you will find great tools. If you want you can even make you own trainer or use the Source Code of this.

skoolzout1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive updated all my BoTW codes to 1.5.0 and posted them on my pastebin (link in signature)

I havent had time to test them all to make sure they all work, but they all should work since they all are based off of the same pointer.

I also decided to post all the codes i havent released before, since I sorta promised i would before, and forgot to.

Tere Valentin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive updated all my BoTW codes to 1.5.0 and posted them on my pastebin (link in signature)

I havent had time to test them all to make sure they all work, but they all should work since they all are based off of the same pointer.

I also decided to post all the codes i havent released before, since I sorta promised i would before, and forgot to.
o.o So we can now update BOTW from 1.4.1 to 1.5.0, use these new codes and still keep using trainer version 4.2.3? Asking to be extra sure.

JennaScvl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you skoolzout1, awesome work!

I just have a tiny request... How exactly would one use codes like "Point and Stupify" or "Point to Warp"? There doesn't seem to be anything indicating how it's used... Actually there's a lot that's like that... Does "Warp to Last Pin Placed" always warp you to the last pin you placed? Or is there a button you have to hit?

skoolzout1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you skoolzout1, awesome work!

I just have a tiny request... How exactly would one use codes like "Point and Stupify" or "Point to Warp"? There doesn't seem to be anything indicating how it's used... Actually there's a lot that's like that... Does "Warp to Last Pin Placed" always warp you to the last pin you placed? Or is there a button you have to hit?
Instructions are usually written below the code. If there are no instructions then it means there are instructions posted in earlier versions of the codes in the other sections.

All of the "Point to..." codes use the stasis rune. You use the Stasis rune and point at an enemy or object and most codes use Dpad Down while aiming at an enemy to use the code.

The Point to Warp code uses a few inputs. They are listed below that code in particular.

In general, if you cant find instructions, try using Ctrl + F to search for the same code in other versions on the pastebin and see if they have controls written below them.

if a code has XXXXXXX's in them, it implies you are supposed to fill in a value first.

If all else fails, you can ask me of course. But i cant guarantee a quick response.

Last edited by skoolzout1,

JennaScvl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope it hasn't and we're all patienly waiting for the final trainer update. :)

Speak for yourself. I'm content just using jGeckoU to load Skoolzout's codes on 1.5.0.

I am also currently experimenting with trying to mod the game files. SDCafiine is unstable. It's really disappointing when I'm playing as Linkle in a bride's dress, teleport, and suddenly I'm Link in the the Fierce Deity armor. It's also highly disappointing that I can't use SDCafiine and TCP Gecko at the same time.

So now I'm about to try dumping my legit game install with FTPiiU Everywhere, loading the game up in Loadiine off of a Fat32 formatted USB drive (SD is way too slow), doing the mod permanently to that install, and use Loadiine's built in gecko to get both mods and cheat codes... Wish me luck.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speak for yourself. I'm content just using jGeckoU to load Skoolzout's codes on 1.5.0.

I am also currently experimenting with trying to mod the game files. SDCafiine is unstable. It's really disappointing when I'm playing as Linkle in a bride's dress, teleport, and suddenly I'm Link in the the Fierce Deity armor. It's also highly disappointing that I can't use SDCafiine and TCP Gecko at the same time.

So now I'm about to try dumping my legit game install with FTPiiU Everywhere, loading the game up in Loadiine off of a Fat32 formatted USB drive (SD is way too slow), doing the mod permanently to that install, and use Loadiine's built in gecko to get both mods and cheat codes... Wish me luck.
Exactly. And to be honest, there is no reason to update BOTW, and if you are blocking updates via DNS, there is no excuse for updating the game accidentally. There isn't any new DLC content being put in the game anymore, the update just adds new languages and it's for minor Bugfixes.

I don't know how everyone else handles BOTW updates, but I never update BOTW unless I either check GitHub to see if the trainer has been updated, and if it's not, then I don't update my game. Or if it's a DLC update that adds new content to the game, then I will update my game, and wait for an updated trainer. But like I said, there won't be anymore content being released for BOTW anymore.

And yeah, I've been trying out mods for BOTW too, using SD Caffiine. I go to GameBanana for the Mods. But I want to check out NexusMods to see what they got. I haven't checked NexusMods yet because they usually only have PC mods, that's where i go to download mods for Skyrim for PC.

And SD Caffiine is so easy to use, it's awesome. I have a few Armor mods I'm using now, it replaces some armors in the game with new ones. It's pretty cool.

Also, if you install BOTW to your nand or HDD, can't you just use FTP and overwrite the game files with the modded files? If you use CFW it may work. But I haven't tried it.

Last edited by TheTechGenius,

JennaScvl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I go to GameBanana for the Mods.

I am unaware of any other site for BOTW mods.

And SD Caffiine is so easy to use, it's awesome.

Yeah, but it frequently stops working for me, and the textures look garbled for a few seconds at first.

Also, if you install BOTW to your nand or HDD, can't you just use FTP and overwrite the game files with the modded files? If you use CFW it may work. But I haven't tried it.

I tried that. It doesn't work. The kernel write protects the files. The FTP server will confirm the files have been changed. You can go to run the game. The game will crash the moment one of those files is accessed. Reboot, reload the game, and it runs fine but the mods didn't take. Turns out there's something in ram about those files that causes the crash rather than anything else.

That's why I'm dumping the game to a FAT32 formatted USB HDD using DDD. Running from SD card is intolerably slow for tiny games like Super Mario 3D World, so I'll be damned if I'm going to try to run a behemoth like BOTW from SD card.

I don't have the cash to buy a drive, so I'm trying my 2tb USB3 drive I have for my PC, but I made a 128gb Fat32 partition on it. Hopefully Loadiine can handle the Fat32 partition not being the first partition.

Reactions: TheTechGenius

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7